Malvern....The Battle Draws Near

How many pages did we try to get the point across about a B/C class? And where did it go....Nowhere? NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IT AGAIN?

Where's it going to go.........

NOWHERE.

But god forbid you get the Loretta Lynn Chasers not to get upset about racing a B/C class locally. It doesn't affect the chasers and makes local racing more competitive.

How about this one: How many times do you look at the running order and see.... 250C GROUP 1, 250 C GROUP 2. So essentially the way the class structure is now IT MAKES MORE CLASSES ON RACE DAY. Which supposedly everyone hates.......???!?!? So why in the hell aren't we looking at a common sense B/C solution to this stupid racing structure?!?!?!?!?! *******BLEEEEP. BLEEEEEEP. BLEEEEEEEP. Scream at the wall. BLEEEEEEP!!!!****

Get rid of the damn C class group 2 that pops up on big race days. Replace it w/the 125 open D class for the true beginners, and let me bang bars with all the effing sandbaggers in malverns (*And other tracks) first turn in the B/C class....Let them jump whatever their little heart desires. I'll even keep riding my 125 to continue to give you B/C haters an advantage.

I believe the point of the rule is not necessarily to limit a riders ability, but to protect those in that class who are truly beginners.

Wasnt the last sentence in the announcement at the riders meeting something like ..... if you are jumping that it shows you arent a C class rider ...... ??

This could go on for years. Bottom like, quit it with the sand bagging. I remember when I was 17 and bumped up to the B class because in the C class, guys would see a pony tail and do everything to park that girl. Literally at Log Road during the day before race practice, I was passing a group of guys and a dude cut the track to hit me, broke my foot.... Didn't even apologize or stop to see if I was okay. That practice was with the C riders. I have nothing against C riders, I feel like you shouldn't be allowed to race C class your whole life and be a crazy goon taking people out. I understand being competitive, but don't try to ride above your comfort zone every single lap. If your solid top 5 in C, time to bump it up the next year

So, does a promoter want to chime in on why a "B/C" & "D" system does not work for them? I like the idea of having one D Class. No need for two. I'm curious as to what the negatives would be for them. I'm sure they have in the past, but I don't feel like going through a million posts.

So, does a promoter want to chime in on why a "B/C" & "D" system does not work for them? I like the idea of having one D Class. No need for two. I'm curious as to what the negatives would be for them. I'm sure they have in the past, but I don't feel like going through a million posts.
A promoter is not going to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole. The C class is the money maker. If you change it to B/C you will loose more then 1/2 the entries from the old C class. Promoters know this. And you cant blame them for one second. Jason prob cringes every time someone adds to the thread, hoping it get moved out of something with Malvern on it.
A change like this has to come from the top. That way a promoter has a direction to point blame. "I didn't want to change it, but they made me" Again, cant blame them at all.
Im sure this will make some VERY happy but I am done talking or even thinking about the C class. 95% will not be in the sport in 3 years so they should never be in anyone long term plans. I would rather talk about neck braces and J.O driveway.

But as Original44 pointed out in his post, it then ruins Loretta's for those "fast" C racers because they raced B locally. So that's why it doesn't work.
Make it B/C and D, and those super fast "C" racers are still able to do LL.

I mean, I totally agree with you, but the reality is where we are at now with LL stuff that will never work. B/C and D has a chance to work.

Only way you can get C to really be novice/beginner is for LL and other National events to change. This Original44 idea makes Local racing better for true beginners without having to change the Nation as a whole.

I think Jeremy and I are going to have to sit down and really give this some thought.

My how times have changed. Malvern says no C riders can do that jump, and they obey and don't have a meltdown.

I remember about 15 years ago Scenic Highlands attempted to put a rule in that C classes were not allowed to jump a triple. There was a near riot at the riders meeting, and I remember some D-bag calling people on his cell phone telling them to never come there because they aren't allowed to do jumps.
I did the riders meeting that day and the guy who threw the holy fit, his kid could barely do the double after all that!!! Lol!!! I totally agree that the C class shouldn't be able to do certain jumps-it's too dangerous for the true C riders! Dave

The Battle series might be the only 3 races we have where it would make sence to have separate b and c classes. But hey nothing says we couldn't still have a D moto as well. I also think it was a good point that there is no need for 2 D classes. One would get the job done.

So let me ask this, so not to alienate any skill level C rider would it make more sense to have a non points paying D-C class and a C-B class?

I guess my thinking was that we draw a lot faster riders for that series and larger numbers for both those classes so it might make sence to keep them split up more??? I don't know maybe not.

The Battle series might be the only 3 races we have where it would make sence to have separate b and c classes. But hey nothing says we couldn't still have a D moto as well. I also think it was a good point that there is no need for 2 D classes. One would get the job done.

That would make sense. I like that idea.

So let me ask this, so not to alienate any skill level C rider would it make more sense to have a non points paying D-C class and a C-B class?

Make the B/C class point paying and the D class non-point paying. The reason I like the D class to be non-points is if a rider gets too fast he can then be bumped up to B/C in the middle of the season by the local sanctioning organization. If points were involved you know darn well they would complain that you were robbing them of a end of the season award. It's just a starter class.

For this to work I would have to think that CRA would also have to be on board with this, not just OMA.

I wouldn't object to trialing this structure in the battle series. I think it would work well.

But to get people to understand its purpose it must be made clear. That way it doesn't get a smear campaign on social media before the first gate even drops.

It's purpose is to make racing more competitive for national c racer and the national and local b racers. All while allowing new participants to race in the ohio statet championship series. And it doesn't jeaoparize a Loretta Lynn c class run for the guys that seem too fast for the local c class. There will be no jump restrictions, and the term sandbagger won't need to be used at all.

Back