Malvern....The Battle Draws Near

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Battle for Ohio, round 2 is next weekend, Aug. 15 & 16!! Gates open Friday at 3 and close at 11. Saturday gate times are 6am-11pm. Saturday practice is for bikes and quads, $25 per rider. 9am-3pm.
Quads will race Saturday evening! Practice at 4, racing at 5. There will be a one moto throwback bike class race during quad intermission. More details to come.
Sign up will be open for both quads and bike races all day Saturday. Times will be posted soon.
We are going to have a "glow" bicycle pit parade for everyone that brings their bike!
We have fireworks to be set off Saturday night at dark! Almost twice as many as our Fourth of July race!
Sunday morning gates and sign up open at 6 am, practice will be at 830, and racing will start about 10.
That's the basics!! More info in the days to come! It's going to be a weekend you don't want to miss!

Lot of dirt and sand moving started this past Monday and will continue into early next week. A constant "Battle" to keep all that pesky shale buried down where it belongs. Also tweeking a couple sections along the woods to slow that area down. That should make things a bit safer and promote closer racing. The step on-step off will hopefully no long be able to be quaded (strategically placed large roller). I plan to modify the triple out by the front gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting all summer for August. Battle at Malvern, Ohio dreams slip and fly, then the battle at Briarcliff. All separate weekends and all a blast. Yippie ! Now that thing outta the woods, I just figured it out and it's gonna change , but I wouldn't set the track for me. I'm slow, but still trying.

Lot of dirt and sand moving started this past Monday and will continue into early next week. A constant "Battle" to keep all that pesky shale buried down where it belongs. Also tweeking a couple sections along the woods to slow that area down. That should make things a bit safer and promote closer racing. The step on-step off will hopefully no long be able to be quaded (strategically placed large roller). I plan to modify the triple out by the front gate.

How much sand we takkin ? I just bought hard pack tires....

And what's the link for pre entry? :)

Yea that back quad section is ridiculous. It's just moron stupid fast and the shadows over me every lap last time I raced there made it nerve wracking. Glad to see that's gonna be fixed !

Wouldn't miss it! Gonna be leaving the Transcan Canadian Amatuer National Sat night after 8:00p..and straight out of Canada and down to Malvern.. Hope we make signup and practice?

I don't care what you do to the track. If you didn't do anything, I'd be there. Well, still try to be as I am planning today.

Would love to be able to hit practice then all the festivities Saturday night. Actually have a room reserved in Carrolton. Have for weeks. Sounds awesome! Worst case, I'll roll in Sunday morning as I did last year although I'll be coming from Nashport, OH instead of Buchannan, MI.

One day at a time yo. Gonna be a blast!

Before step on step off. Before picture.
IMG_20150806_135614032.jpg

IMG_20150806_152603243.jpg
Before step on step off. After about 300 ton of dirt moved. As I said hopefully that will keep people from trying to quad it.

Last edited:
Nice changes! Just hoping I don't bust wheels or ankles jumping off the one before the uphill triple.. Lol

My only other suggestion is to add some sand or mulch (or softer dirt) after the step on step off in the little left hand sweeper, up to the face of the tiny double. Simply to add traction as that's one section I'm always in fear of high siding or washing out in.. Lol

Can't wait!

Back