BC Battle round PW class issues

This sport should always be about fun noooooo matter what age. It should also be fun for the parents. There is a lot of time, money, effort and worries that go along with this sport and the parents should be having fun as well. I have yelled at my kid at the track but it's about him not helping me unload or keeping our stuff organized or just helping out but as far as, the racing goes let them ride and have fun. I think a referee should be watching the 50 & 65 classes (i know all classes) and DQing the riders who's parents are screaming and yelling at their kids. I'm not talking about encouraging them, I am talking about the parents who run from one end of the track to the other screeeaaammming at there kids. I know people are going to say why punish the kid, right!! Well, I think it might send a message to the parents that are acting like fools to calm down and let the kids do their thing. Not to mention the parents that are screaming are doing more harm to that kid than DQing them from one race. Shoot, that would kill most of these idiot parents that don't know how to raise a 5 + year old if you DQ'ed their kid. I don't know who the dad was that went crazy on the start of the 50 race but what is wrong with you. Your daughter obviously went on the wrong gate drop but did you need to yell and scream at her because she made a mistake, you didn't shut up until the gate dropped and than you ran over to where she would be riding by and continued your rant. You should be ashamed of yourself. First off she's a little kid, secondly she could barely even ride through the ruts and was dead last on the start so, what is your yelling going to accomplish. Are you really enjoying yourself?? Do you think she is having a good time? I don't normally call people out on this site but you really should rethink how your handling this racing thing. Btw, I think her # was 13 and believe her bike was orange. So, if you are reading this sit back let her have some fun and she might actually stick with this sport. Do you want her remembering you screaming at her or would you rather have her look back and remember how her dad encouraged her and helped her develop as a rider and more importantly as a person????

Make a point of clapping for her and encouraging her EVERY lap as she passes. Stand next to the "parent" so they can see you also. Shame is a powerful tool for adults and it sounds like child could use any positive encouragement she can get.

I asked my daughter's swim coach what his dream team would be. (He coached one swimmer to a Olympic gold metal and has won more state titles in high school than any our coach) he said I would like to coach a team in a orphanage. Think about that.

The worst behavior I've ever seen at the tracks always seem to come from the PW parents.

I have seen first hand what the pressure does to a youngster. I'm really bummed that he hasn't raced since he was about 8 years old (30 now). He even went to LL and did well on 50's. But, he was given the option to race or not, and he chose not to.
Parents, please let your kid have fun.

I did not even read all these post, only about half. All I can say is WOW! This is a freakin PW class! JB19, get a life. Who cares if a father has his hand on a fender. And no one cares how fast you used to be or are today. I believe that Hershey and most of the others we race with in the Vet class is pretty comfortable with their speed, and not sure any of us care at the end of the day if we were 1st, 5th or 10th......sure we want to win, but does it really matter?

My son was a OK 50 rider, nothing special, better 65 rider and even better on an 85.......I have NEVER screamed and yelled at him about racing. I've shown disappointment in him if perhaps he did not do something that is within his abilities, but at the end of the day, it does not matter a hill of beans to me. He will do what he is comfortable with, and if he is having fun......its worth it.

My suggestion to JB is if your that uptight over another parent touching the rear fender of his sons bike, lighten up. It is the PW class.

I am president of our local youth football league. I see it there and see it at the track. Many jackass parents make it miserable for their kids at their sporting events. Two weeks into our games, I've suspended coaches and parents from the field for a week, some for two weeks for violation of parent codes of conduct that they sign prior to the season. Too bad we cant enforce that in motocross against all the jackasses.

My 13 kids all ride #13 on their bikes. The triplets ride the PW class and I never hold their fenders on the gate. But I only have 2 hands and I won't play favorites. Also I have to run the generator all night because 13 kids in a tent gets hot and smells! I have to keep the fan on all night.

Too bad we cant enforce that in motocross against all the jackasses.
Why not? May not matter in a Pee Wee class if you take away all points, but maybe there is something else.

50 parents are a turn off....I am not talking about The Vet racers with young kids, .......it is usually the guy or gal that never raced and is a complete a hole.
When my kid races I cheer for almost every kid that passes me. clap, whistle, pick them up when they fall.
the other 20% ? or so, A holes.

My 13 kids all ride #13 on their bikes. The triplets ride the PW class and I never hold their fenders on the gate. But I only have 2 hands and I won't play favorites. Also I have to run the generator all night because 13 kids in a tent gets hot and smells! I have to keep the fan on all night.

HAHA.....you start drinking early today?

Why not? May not matter in a Pee Wee class if you take away all points, but maybe there is something else.

50 parents are a turn off....I am not talking about The Vet racers with young kids, .......it is usually the guy or gal that never raced and is a complete a hole.
When my kid races I cheer for almost every kid that passes me. clap, whistle, pick them up when they fall.
the other 20% ? or so, A holes.

Totally agree. I believe the ones of us that race, have a totally different attitude with our kids. My dad about got in a fight last year at Malvern with a parent of a little kid on a 4 wheeler. Dude slapped his kid in side of helmet, then took it off him and threw the kids helmet, and began tearing into the kid for what he did not do on the track. My dad has been around tracks his whole life and is 70 years old......He was not pleased and let the guy know about it.

I did not even read all these post, only about half. All I can say is WOW! This is a freakin PW class! JB19, get a life. Who cares if a father has his hand on a fender. And no one cares how fast you used to be or are today. I believe that Hershey and most of the others we race with in the Vet class is pretty comfortable with their speed, and not sure any of us care at the end of the day if we were 1st, 5th or 10th......sure we want to win, but does it really matter?

My son was a OK 50 rider, nothing special, better 65 rider and even better on an 85.......I have NEVER screamed and yelled at him about racing. I've shown disappointment in him if perhaps he did not do something that is within his abilities, but at the end of the day, it does not matter a hill of beans to me. He will do what he is comfortable with, and if he is having fun......its worth it.

My suggestion to JB is if your that uptight over another parent touching the rear fender of his sons bike, lighten up. It is the PW class.

I am president of our local youth football league. I see it there and see it at the track. Many jackass parents make it miserable for their kids at their sporting events. Two weeks into our games, I've suspended coaches and parents from the field for a week, some for two weeks for violation of parent codes of conduct that they sign prior to the season. Too bad we cant enforce that in motocross against all the jackasses.

My response to Hershey about smoking him was because he made a run at my kid saying I'm just mad because his kid was going to beat mine. I left the kids out of it and told him I don't care how MY kid does, but I'd smoke him on a big bike.

....and I don't yell and scream at my kid. lol Maybe you should stop making assumptions. Me and Hershey had about a 20 second arguement that WAS NOT in front of any of the kids. Maybe guys like you should mind your own business because me and the guy who had the issue seem to be over it, but you alluding to the fact that I yell and scream at my kids really irritates me.

...and as far I know, his kid and mine are completely unaware that there even was an issue, so you acting like everyone is running around slapping and yelling at their kids is ridiculous.

My response to Hershey about smoking him was because he made a run at my kid saying I'm just mad because his kid was going to beat mine. I left the kids out of it and told him I don't care how MY kid does, but I'd smoke him on a big bike.

....and I don't yell and scream at my kid. lol Maybe you should stop making assumptions. Me and Hershey had about a 20 second arguement that WAS NOT in front of any of the kids. Maybe guys like you should mind your own business because me and the guy who had the issue seem to be over it, but you alluding to the fact that I yell and scream at my kids really irritates me.

But you made it our business by bringing it to a forum. Should've just kept this to yourself.

Smh...in all the years I have worked tracks...the absolute most disheartening aspect is people fighting over motocross; whether behind the scenes or the customers.

I dont think anyone is saying you are doing it, this thread has moved into the negative side of the PW parent problems and not our argument. I really believe had I not just pulled off the track we never would have had a big issue. Hopefully some of those parents who are guilty of poor conduct with their kids will see this and change how they treat their kids at the track.

I dont think anyone is saying you are doing it, this thread has moved into the negative side of the PW parent problems and not our argument. I really believe had I not just pulled off the track we never would have had a big issue. Hopefully some of those parents who are guilty of poor conduct with their kids will see this and change how they treat their kids at the track.
4 pages for pw riders... Hershey now would be a good time to revive your thread about more tracks dedicating time and lowering riding costs to these little gals and guys!

Ya, Hershey is correct my comments have nothing to do with you two, I just thought it would be a good time to talk about some of the crazy parents, I see at the tracks, screaming their heads off at their kids!!! Carry on with your thread.

This sport should always be about fun noooooo matter what age. It should also be fun for the parents. There is a lot of time, money, effort and worries that go along with this sport and the parents should be having fun as well. I have yelled at my kid at the track but it's about him not helping me unload or keeping our stuff organized or just helping out but as far as, the racing goes let them ride and have fun. I think a referee should be watching the 50 & 65 classes (i know all classes) and DQing the riders who's parents are screaming and yelling at their kids. I'm not talking about encouraging them, I am talking about the parents who run from one end of the track to the other screeeaaammming at there kids. I know people are going to say why punish the kid, right!! Well, I think it might send a message to the parents that are acting like fools to calm down and let the kids do their thing. Not to mention the parents that are screaming are doing more harm to that kid than DQing them from one race. Shoot, that would kill most of these idiot parents that don't know how to raise a 5 + year old if you DQ'ed their kid. I don't know who the dad was that went crazy on the start of the 50 race but what is wrong with you. Your daughter obviously went on the wrong gate drop but did you need to yell and scream at her because she made a mistake, you didn't shut up until the gate dropped and than you ran over to where she would be riding by and continued your rant. You should be ashamed of yourself. First off she's a little kid, secondly she could barely even ride through the ruts and was dead last on the start so, what is your yelling going to accomplish. Are you really enjoying yourself?? Do you think she is having a good time? I don't normally call people out on this site but you really should rethink how your handling this racing thing. Btw, I think her # was 13 and believe her bike was orange. So, if you are reading this sit back let her have some fun and she might actually stick with this sport. Do you want her remembering you screaming at her or would you rather have her look back and remember how her dad encouraged her and helped her develop as a rider and more importantly as a person????

Not sure if that was angry telling. I watched that to. I think he was just overly excited and deaf. But it's indirmation overload on the gate. Kid neef to focus on the drop only. Not people screaming in their ears.

Sorry for errors. It's the meds and onearm use.

I have seen first hand what the pressure does to a youngster. I'm really bummed that he hasn't raced since he was about 8 years old (30 now). He even went to LL and did well on 50's. But, he was given the option to race or not, and he chose not to.
Parents, please let your kid have fun.

That's how my brother is. Me, on other hand. I'm stupid and want to race fierce competitors and crash my brains out!

Not sure if that was angry telling. I watched that to. I think he was just overly excited and deaf. But it's indirmation overload on the gate. Kid neef to focus on the drop only. Not people screaming in their ears.

Sorry for errors. It's the meds and onearm use.
Blahahaha don't u use speech text... Good stuff hope you heal up quickly hang in there

Back