Area 51 CAN-AM WOW!

Helmet video from the night track. Kelly talked me into it last year and I had fun so ran it again this year.

I had a great weekend, many familiar faces that are always entertaining, and met a few new ones.

Main track is long and rough, nice elevation changes, jumps are really fun.

All the track workers were friendly, place has a good vibe about it.

Yes practice was hectic an it was hard keeping up with schedule. Would like to hit a regular race and probably skip the big event next time though

One of my favorite Amanda pics from the weekend

IMG_2224.png

I'm sorry I missed it this year. Nothing is ever perfect but A51 is an amazing track. It's not too long, it's awesome. And the rocks? I never noticed them until someone pointed them out in this post. I know they made some changes to the track and any time you churn up new earth, you'll have some rocks until it gets seasoned. They've had big turnouts before, who knows why it was sketchy feeling at times. I wasn't there, but I wish I was. It's one of the best tracks in this part of the country and that's a fact.
The jumps are built right and the place has invested big bucks to keep it running and prepped. Sure, at the end of a late race day, all tracks get rough as hell but to call it dangerous? Come on- driving a car on the roads these days is horrifyingly dangerous because half of the idiot morons are playing with their phones!
There is nothing wrong with A51 and if you can get there for ANY event, you should. It's that good.

Reactions: TBO
Helmet video from the night track. Kelly talked me into it last year and I had fun so ran it again this year.

I had a great weekend, many familiar faces that are always entertaining, and met a few new ones.

Main track is long and rough, nice elevation changes, jumps are really fun.

All the track workers were friendly, place has a good vibe about it.

Yes practice was hectic an it was hard keeping up with schedule. Would like to hit a regular race and probably skip the big event next time though
Looks like a real fun track for the 125s.

Reactions: DTS
I'm sorry I missed it this year. Nothing is ever perfect but A51 is an amazing track. It's not too long, it's awesome. And the rocks? I never noticed them until someone pointed them out in this post. I know they made some changes to the track and any time you churn up new earth, you'll have some rocks until it gets seasoned. They've had big turnouts before, who knows why it was sketchy feeling at times. I wasn't there, but I wish I was. It's one of the best tracks in this part of the country and that's a fact.
The jumps are built right and the place has invested big bucks to keep it running and prepped. Sure, at the end of a late race day, all tracks get rough as hell but to call it dangerous? Come on- driving a car on the roads these days is horrifyingly dangerous because half of the idiot morons are playing with their phones!
There is nothing wrong with A51 and if you can get there for ANY event, you should. It's that good.

30+ bikes coming into one dust filled corner that you cant see 10 feet in front of you and there are people on the ground and stopped.. is dangerous. Giant holes on the faces of jumps that kick you every which way, are dangerous. I wouldn't just throw that word out there, this is motocross its all dangerous.. but that was exceptionally bad. They fixed it at intermission and it was great for the next set.. I didn't stick around to the very last moto though, it would have been 9:00 so I don't know how it held up until the end.

30+ bikes coming into one dust filled corner that you cant see 10 feet in front of you and there are people on the ground and stopped.. is dangerous. Giant holes on the faces of jumps that kick you every which way, are dangerous. I wouldn't just throw that word out there, this is motocross its all dangerous.. but that was exceptionally bad. They fixed it at intermission and it was great for the next set.. I didn't stick around to the very last moto though, it would have been 9:00 so I don't know how it held up until the end.

I just don't know what you think RACING is. You don't ever race. You're spoiled by going to small open practices.

Races get rough as hell. It's part of the sport. It's no more dangerous than the next big race. Everyone rides in the same condition.

Not to be a dick man but malvern and briarcliff got insanely rough. Nowhere near what they get on an open practice day.

If you want to race, and want to race an event with 1000 bikes you better expect to be doubling breaking bumps going into corners!!!

Im not talking about breaking bumps and ruts. I'm not an idiot, and Im not the only one that made those comments. Theres a difference between rough, and "s**t we better get a dozer ouut there real quick and fix that"

Holes on the faces. That happens when you got 1000 bikes.

So does dust in the first turn. Pull the holeshot and you wouldn't know about the dust. :p

Back straight at malvern was so dusty you Couldnt see either. Only people complaining were guys like me in 10th. But you can't combat dust on 90 sunny degree days with all those riders!!!

I just don't know what you think RACING is. You don't ever race. You're spoiled by going to small open practices.

Races get rough as hell. It's part of the sport. It's no more dangerous than the next big race. Everyone rides in the same condition.

Not to be a dick man but malvern and briarcliff got insanely rough. Nowhere near what they get on an open practice day.

If you want to race, and want to race an event with 1000 bikes you better expect to be doubling breaking bumps going into corners!!!

Coming from a guy who gets busted up every other time he races!

yeah that was fun,t he whole event was fun that time. not that this wasnt fun..i was still riding my dirt bike which beats just about everything else on a normal day!

Racing is dangerous, but holes in jump faces shouldn't be an "accepted" condition. The flag pole table at Red Bud had a decent hole in it after the first moto of the national. They proceeded to fix it after each and every moto the rest of the day.

This is the same discussion that happens once a month here. "Motocross is dangerous, get over it". That's true, but obvious things like a cupped out jump are easy fixes that can save a person a trip to the ER. So instead, we should just ignore it? Is that fun? No brainer if you ask me.

Racing is dangerous, but holes in jump faces shouldn't be an "accepted" condition. The flag pole table at Red Bud had a decent hole in it after the first moto of the national. They proceeded to fix it after each and every moto the rest of the day.

This is the same discussion that happens once a month here. "Motocross is dangerous, get over it". That's true, but obvious things like a cupped out jump are easy fixes that can save a person a trip to the ER. So instead, we should just ignore it? Is that fun? No brainer if you ask me.

No no, its all the rider!!!! Lol

Say they fix the holes. And disc and water constantly.

Then people complain they're still dropping gates at 7pm and their organization is even more terrible. . .

all this coming from the guy that wanted Briarcliff to knock down the rollers. The first set of motos was dangerous they did everything good Watered heavy overnight for practice but unlike the tracks around home after practice they should have ran the disc around one time real quick to knock away the muddy criss cross rutts then good race rutts could develop and it would have been perfect just like the second set of motos second said got rough made for some good racing it wasn't dangerous though

Reactions: TBO
Well the rollers were super sketchy. People down in them every lap. They werent the cause to my injury, however there wouldn't of been a damn sandstone in my chain either. I just never understand the whole adding sand thing to tracks that have no natural sand around. Lorettas will be just like Baja in another 10 years. If I want to race sand I'll drive to Michigan or go to Florida. And God forbid we motocross riders race at a hard pack track--we just bitch and whine that there are holes that form everywhere....and....dust!!

I hate this sport some days. Now let me take my drugs and go to bed.

When I see a cupped out kicker in the jump face, I just take a different line... Seems simple really. Anybody remember how rough Scenic used to get? How about Scenic dust & rocks? Or the breaking bumps in the downhill sections of Beans way back when? What about D-14's Victory Lane? Or D-5's Cernic's Pleasure valley?

So what. A51 rocks, period.

It could have been the worst possible experience for half the riders there (and I bet it wasn't) and I am still sorry I missed it. We all have brains and experience. It's how you choose to use them that will make a day good or bad.

Back