Area 51 CAN-AM WOW!

the guys that weren't there isn't about hole in a face of a jomp or the tracking running hard packed it was so sketchy that was almost unrideable. Dave jones and myself with several others was not going to run the second moto if something was not done. When have you ever seen Davey thinking the track was dangerous that boy race on anything. I like a rough track separates the riders. Those of you that thought the iron man regional
last year was rough and dangerous was not even near as
bad. The whole program was screwed up this year as far as the bike your on, whats your number, your finishing position, no one in the tower knew any answer to your questions you were told to look for the guy on the yellow four wheeler. When have you ever seen that at a oma race if they didnt have a answer they had radio and ask right then not there. I loved the track just wish it was ran better alot of us will not be back for this big event will try just a local race.

the guys that weren't there isn't about hole in a face of a jomp or the tracking running hard packed it was so sketchy that was almost unrideable. Dave jones and myself with several others was not going to run the second moto if something was not done. When have you ever seen Davey thinking the track was dangerous that boy race on anything. I like a rough track separates the riders. Those of you that thought the iron man regional
last year was rough and dangerous was not even near as
bad. The whole program was screwed up this year as far as the bike your on, whats your number, your finishing position, no one in the tower knew any answer to your questions you were told to look for the guy on the yellow four wheeler. When have you ever seen that at a oma race if they didnt have a answer they had radio and ask right then not there. I loved the track just wish it was ran better alot of us will not be back for this big event will try just a local race.

Haha.....coming from the guy who left Briarcliff for the Battle race because it was a little muddy!!!! It doesnt get any better than what you missed!

I was also at the Can/Am event with my son and we loved it. The flyers that were handed out at the gate had all the details u needed to know and then some. They did change practice up a little however we listened to the announcements and followed along just fine. As far as the 50s on the big track goes i see it differently These are our future riders and when my son was riding a 50 he wanted to be like the big boys and ride the big tracks. To be honest i think it helps to build confidence and make them feel like an integral part of the overall mx experience. Yes there may have been a slight delay but the mgmt at Area extended practice. As far as gate personnel knowing whats going on i dont believe they are the ones managing the activities i know i try amd get my son to a mx event at least 1 hour before things start so im not cutting it close being late for practice is my sons responsibility if he has to rush and miss some of his practice time he has no one to blame but himself its called taking responsibility in my eyes. Yes the pit riding is crazy i almost got hit a few times but where the hell are the parents why are they allowing them to do it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also at the Can/Am event with my son and we loved it. The flyers that were handed out at the gate had all the details u needed to know and then some. They did change practice up a little however we listened to the announcements and followed along just fine. As far as the 50s on the big track goes i see it differently These are our future riders and when my son was riding a 50 he wanted to be like the big boys and ride the big tracks. To be honest i think it helps to build confidence and make them feel like an integral part of the overall mx experience. Yes there may have been a slight delay but the mgmt at Area extended practice. As far as gate personnel knowing whats going on i dont believe they are the ones managing the activities i know i try amd get my son to a mx event at least 1 hour before things start so im not cutting it close being late for practice is my sons responsibility if he has to rush and miss some of his practice time he has no one to blame but himself its called taking responsibility in my eyes. Yes the pit riding is crazy i almost got hit a few times but where the hell are the parents why are they allowing them to do it ?

they didnt extend practice, practice was done before 3 if i recall, they extended the time the night race was supposed to start, so i thought they were extending practice because of that, but they did not.

No practice did go to 315. Oh well i thought it was a great weekend We have been to a lot of tracks over the years and I am very impressed with how Area runs their events. I guess they cant please everyone. There are always complainers i am just glad there are still tracks as nice as Area still in business lets face it mx is not a growing sport !

My major complaint is if we have to wear wrist bands to separate practice groups then check them. Also if their is that many people on the track at one time then add more groups. I hardly practice sat. because I didn't like the amount of people that was out there. To risky for me and not worth the risk with that many riders. We support this track for local events as well and things seem to go much better than this weekend event. another thing they do that I never understood is why they send out the beginner riders in first practice. Please sent out the fast guys to put down good lines that way the track as nice lines all day.

Big events: TRANSPONDERS.

Red flag the people who shouldn't be out there. The transponder knows.

You go out when you're not supposed to 1st time. You get last pick in your first motos. Do it a second time you get last pick both motos. Do it 3 times. You get docked 3 positions in your first moto in addition to last gate pick. Do it four times docked 1 lap.

This would be a pretty good system. Maybe. Allows people with bike problems to continue to test but take a penalty. also keeps people with no problems in their own group.

Like when nascar needs to swap an engine. They start last.

Sometimes jetting becomes an issue on practice days. Like what I went through. I needed more time to dial the bike. Would of gladly taken some form of a penalty to be able to get it to run right.

Haters in 3...2...1:
<respond here>

Truthfully they needed transponders. I raced sat night and their were only 5 in my class and was scored wrong.

2 big issues that we have, cutting the track in practice and people invading practices. If we know about it, the practice is over for those cutting the track, period.

As far as invaders.....Im working on eliminating that issue.

Back