2015 By the numbers

Anyway, back to the numbers. Anybody have ideas on how we can boost the classes with sagging numbers? I am quickly approaching the 50+ class and if I ever get off my fat arse and lose some weight it would be fun to race that class one day.
What has happened to the 25+ class? Back when I was racing I could not wait until I got to 25. That class was big back in the day.
I still like the idea of 25+, 35+ and 45+

25 YEAR OLDS ARENT FAR ALONG ENOUGH IN ADULTHOOD TO AFFORD TO RACE.

s**t isn't cheap like when you was a pro, bro.

Kids my age don't have jobs. How many of us race? Or have money to race ? A handful. That's why the damn 25+ class isn't packed with fresh 25 year olds. Jackass.

i think a lot of guys dont get too pumpd on +25 now because theres always those few A guys in there.. I like going to NY they have +25 b/c and a. not suggesting adding a class, but damn it local fast A guys, just stick to your damn A classes lol.

Kids my age don't have jobs. How many of us race? Or have money to race ? A handful. That's why the damn 25+ class isn't packed with fresh 25 year olds. Jackass.

prolly true as well. mommy and daddy probably quit payin the bills a few years before +25 eligibility lol. sad but i have so many friends that are just broke all the time dont have money to even go out to dinner and stuff.. much less go spend hundreds of dollars to race their dirt bike for the day. nothing the OMA can do to fix that one!!!

Oh don't give me that crap. Cost is relative to the era. Southern series does breakout the 25+A class and they get like 1 or 2 per race.
I think your both right. It for sure gets tuff when the Factory Mom and Dad contract runs out.

Dave is the guy that goes racing every chance he gets, rides at practice tracks, races gp,s, harescrambles, supports local bike shops, puts on free ride days, provides a fender for people to crap on, and hands out cash at race tracks just like me and many others you like to insult and chase away any chance you get.

We call these customers, they usually know what product they are interested in.
My insults are complimentary, by the way, just trying provide value to the customer......ha ha. its probably a good thing PR makes up 10% of the rider base. Id be out of business, right?

With over 1000 views of this thread I would say that's over 10% of the racers. Just because they don't post does not mean they are not watching

Cool. Thanks for feedback. We will work hard to try meet the criteria you have set forth in the guidelines in this thread and the 20 other too many class threads. The only true setback we have is we work with an element called reality. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Really think we need to just stick with posting any new information on facebook.

Last edited:
Jason and JO you guys are passionate about your sport and thank you for your tracks and races, and practices. For real, everything you do. But lighten up a little, pretend we are standing around the fire drinking beer and bs ing.

That is all this is. We are on your side 100 percent.

Vet classes, the class I got taken out in was a BC 45 plus class, the a hole that took me out was ( by the AMA site and results) an A rider. Should not even have been in that moto. Now I am effed- up forever. The vet class is filling up with a holes and I am just about done with it.
This may be the reason that vet classes is on the decline.

Jason and JO you guys are passionate about your sport and thank you for your tracks and races, and practices. For real, everything you do. But lighten up a little, pretend we are standing around the fire drinking beer and bs ing.

That is all this is. We are on your side 100 percent.

Vet classes, the class I got taken out in was a BC 45 plus class, the a hole that took me out was ( by the AMA site and results) an A rider. Should not even have been in that moto. Now I am effed- up forever. The vet class is filling up with a holes and I am just about done with it.
This may be the reason that vet classes is on the decline.
Get ready, it will be a busy season in 2016.

Here is the 2016 Great Lakes Regional MX Championship schedule.

Race 1 VMX/PVMX
April 23/24, arrival date 22nd after 4pm
Dirt Country Raceway
6911 State Route 133
Blanchester, Ohio 45107

Race 2 VMX/PVMX/CC
May 14/15, arrival date 13th after 4pm
Delta Motorsports Park
8571 County Rd 7-2
Delta, Ohio 43515

Race 3 VMX/PVMX
June 25/26, arrival date 24th after 4pm
Rt 62 Mx Park
2518 Millersburg Rd
Martinsburg, Ohio 43037

Race 4 VMX/PVMX
August 6/7, arrival date 5th after 4pm
Rt 62 Mx Park
2518 Millersburg Rd
Martinsburg, Ohio 43037

Race 5 VMX/PVMX
October 1/2, arrival date September 30th after 4pm
Dirt Country Raceway
6911 State Route 133
Blanchester, Ohio 45107

Here is the 2016 Great Lakes Region National schedule.

August 13/14 VMX/PVMX
800 Motocross Park
6550 Crofton Fruithill Rd.
Crofton, Kentucky, 42217

August 27/28 CC
ISDT Qualifier #2
4957 E. Brown Rd.
Bentley, Michigan, 48613

September 3/4 VMX/PVMX
Delta Motorsports Park
8571 County Rd 7-2
Delta, Ohio 43515

Just because they are watching DOES NOT MEAN THEY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY.
I don't care if anyone EVER agrees with what I say. I don't post for acceptance or to make friends. I post to try to make moto better. If posting facts about numbers and classes averages pisses someone off then I guess they need to get over it or take it for what it is. The facts.
Still not sure I understand the hostility on this one but I guess it is what it is.

I don't care if anyone EVER agrees with what I say. I don't post for acceptance or to make friends. I post to try to make moto better. If posting facts about numbers and classes averages pisses someone off then I guess they need to get over it or take it for what it is. The facts.
Still not sure I understand the hostility on this one but I guess it is what it is.
Ck you should know you cant disagree with the OMA GODS! We are just have to accept that todays racing will never be what we remembered when we were younger,this generation imo wants to run 4 laps,in 2-3 classes. Practice days are easier for track owners,and some dont want to have races unless they get 600 riders! I remember Malvern 1979 classes close to full gates,the pro class was unbeivable!!!

Awesome news Lonnie, good luck with those two events.

CK- It isn't the posting of the info. The info is helpful, Thanks for spending the time, but trying use it justify some way left, and I mean way way left agenda is a bit much. I think it was more of comments of DHDS01 that set me off though. We are on the brink of the biggest year in Ohio Mx in recent history, and the changes just aren't good for guys like Davey boy. Nope not until we agree with guys like you and him, our changes wont fix anything. So after 10,576 OMA hours trying to make things better for all, not just handful of curmudgeons....how the heck and am I supposed to take that? I guess Im disappointed they you view it as an you versus us deal. That mentality is what's failing all the other current orgs.....I mean all the old train of thought is plaguing many places, and the fact that we understand it is why we will succeed.

Oh don't give me that crap. Cost is relative to the era. Southern series does breakout the 25+A class and they get like 1 or 2 per race.
I think your both right. It for sure gets tuff when the Factory Mom and Dad contract runs out.

Cost isn't relative to the era. Do some numbers on college debt between your generation and mine.

The cost of education between yours and mine.

THe starting salaries between yours and mine.

Those cost of equipment between yours and mine.

You might have had some student loans. Which costed you maybe 100 a month ? Well now it's inflated to four digits per month. $1000+ per month for 10 years. With 8% interest on FAFSA loans.

That $1000 dollars could be a lot of 25+ race money. But it's going to the loan sharks because the government enables them to charge assanine tuition rates.

It's a racket dude. Lebron James and Michelle Obama tell everyone to go to school? Why? To get them in debt. Lebron didn't go to college. That's another story.

Deep breathe, back to the Oma. Woohoo. More North tracks! ...cost isn't as relative as you think. Maybe that will make sense when your kid lands a job similar to your income in 2030 but finds he can't do the same things you did in 2015. Relative.

Back