Knee Braces

BTW -- nobody using EVS?

The new EVS Web Pro is very similar in appearance to my current Cti's. Minus all the cracks, duct-tape, etc.

I thought my CTI's were $250 / brace to refurb last time and they built all new ones from the ground up mine were so beat up and roached. I think they only saved the hinge part and built all new. I'm going to get about 1 more year out of them before I need to refurb again, hard to believe I've been doing knee braces now since 1998 and had my CTI's rebuilt 2 times since then, so basically I'm on my third pair now and will need another pair in another year.

My favorite part about the Cells is the lace system. I used ones with velcro straps in the past and getting pants on/off was always a PITA. I think these new ones are velcro as well ;/

because pit racer has been so boring lately figured I would get someone wound up about something.

Pit,
Have always used CTI'S untill 2 years ago switched to POD's carbon fiber love them. Better fit then my CTi's even know they were script. Much ligther,comfortable,same if not better support. My 2 boys were pro axis EVS they love them and so do I. The new EVS web really isn't to new all they have done was switch out the the knee cap design. Very big and bulky just my opinion. All of us had knee surgery. LOL

Oh ya forgot to say. These are a must! Awesome! You can just wear regular tube socks with these.

ZERO G KNEE BRACE PANT
$89.00
After much research and seeing a rising need for this type of product, we decided to design something functionally better in a knee brace product for athletes. Previously, available products consisted of knee brace sleeves and one-piece sock/sleeve combinations. Each of these offers support but would greatly benefit from some additional modifications to be thoroughly effective.

Knee brace sleeves are satisfactory for acting as a barrier between the brace and the skin, but with very little other aid. In addition, the sock/sleeve combinations simplify the product but oftentimes causes the brace to slip based on the sock design.

Our brand new zeroG Performance Knee Brace Pant was born out of a need and solution for those who require this product in their sport. The pant envelops the knee brace, which allows it to keep the brace in place utilizing compression from the hips. The over sleeve in the pant seals the brace into the pocket with a Velcro® enclosure located at thigh area. It also compresses any brace portions that may typically get caught on a moto pant. It makes it simpler to slide the pants over the knee brace as well as allowing the brace to move without restraint under the pants, while athletes are training. Additionally, the pant features a Cordura® Built-in Gear Guard and Anti-Rotation Tether Slots.

Patent Pending

This product can be used with any brand of knee brace or knee cup

zerog_pant_01_1_2.png
zerog_pant_01_1_2.png

So I called Ossur after work. (They own Cti now)

$210 per brace for refurb
$40 per brace for replacement knee cups --- they now have new version telescoping cups similar to other MX braces so they cover all of your knee.
$10 per brace hinge padding

$260 per brace for complete refurb, approx 5 day turnaround.
You call them at 1-800-233-6263 and get an RMA number and then ship them in.

Hmm. I got my ortho to write a script for the pods but I dont think they refurb. Maybe my next pair Wil be cti

What do those cost initially?

Last edited:
I have the EVS RS8 Pro. They are a couple years old now and they are my first pair of knee braces so I don't have anything to compare them to, but they are comfortable. They have adjustable locks and I know a lot of people don't like Velcro on them but mine holds really well. The only complaint I have is the straps are hard to get undone when its cold as they use the "Click Tec Buckles" not enough room for a good pinch to release the strap.

Oh ya forgot to say. These are a must! Awesome! You can just wear regular tube socks with these.

ZERO G KNEE BRACE PANT
$89.00

I just started wearing compression/cool pants under my mx pants this past year. A bit cheaper than those (~$25 or so at target)

$40 per brace for replacement knee cups --- they now have new version telescoping cups similar to other MX braces so they cover all of your knee.

Cool, thanks for the info!!!

Initial cost is a lot. Don't quote me but a few thousand. My insurance covered mine. Including motocross cup kit which I thought was amazing. I was wearing a cheaper brace prior to this. EVS brand. There is no comparison between the two.

Initial cost is a lot. Don't quote me but a few thousand. My insurance covered mine. Including motocross cup kit which I thought was amazing. I was wearing a cheaper brace prior to this. EVS brand. There is no comparison between the two.

Yeah, they are $1800 a piece before insurance now!!

Mine are headed out today!

Im really amazed at all the people that like pods. We had a set for about a month and returned them. The pads are Velcroed in place and don't stay we had to tape our in place, knee cups broke easily, rubber hinge stays didn't stay in place, the screws fell out of the sides and in one crash the bottom support piece broke in two. We only owned these for around a month. Without hesitation we went back to asterisks.

Im really amazed at all the people that like pods. We had a set for about a month and returned them. The pads are Velcroed in place and don't stay we had to tape our in place, knee cups broke easily, rubber hinge stays didn't stay in place, the screws fell out of the sides and in one crash the bottom support piece broke in two. We only owned these for around a month. Without hesitation we went back to asterisks.
How much for the asterisks and which model do you recommend? Whats you thoughts on size for Jonathan, aren't Talin and him about the same size?

Back