Knee Braces

Im really amazed at all the people that like pods. We had a set for about a month and returned them. The pads are Velcroed in place and don't stay we had to tape our in place, knee cups broke easily, rubber hinge stays didn't stay in place, the screws fell out of the sides and in one crash the bottom support piece broke in two. We only owned these for around a month. Without hesitation we went back to asterisks.

I bet if you call pod they would make that right.

I had strap issues as a roll and they mailed me updatedthat I haven't had any problems with since.

Although I don't think I ride as much as you guys. I only raced three times and rode maybe 15 hours total.

Allan is on the same pair of pods for the last 6 years or so. Yes we have replaced everything on them but have had good luck. Mine is only a year old. I consider we ride a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ya forgot to say. These are a must! Awesome! You can just wear regular tube socks with these.

ZERO G KNEE BRACE PANT
$89.00
After much research and seeing a rising need for this type of product, we decided to design something functionally better in a knee brace product for athletes. Previously, available products consisted of knee brace sleeves and one-piece sock/sleeve combinations. Each of these offers support but would greatly benefit from some additional modifications to be thoroughly effective.

Knee brace sleeves are satisfactory for acting as a barrier between the brace and the skin, but with very little other aid. In addition, the sock/sleeve combinations simplify the product but oftentimes causes the brace to slip based on the sock design.

Our brand new zeroG Performance Knee Brace Pant was born out of a need and solution for those who require this product in their sport. The pant envelops the knee brace, which allows it to keep the brace in place utilizing compression from the hips. The over sleeve in the pant seals the brace into the pocket with a Velcro® enclosure located at thigh area. It also compresses any brace portions that may typically get caught on a moto pant. It makes it simpler to slide the pants over the knee brace as well as allowing the brace to move without restraint under the pants, while athletes are training. Additionally, the pant features a Cordura® Built-in Gear Guard and Anti-Rotation Tether Slots.

Patent Pending

This product can be used with any brand of knee brace or knee cup

zerog_pant_01_1_2.png
zerog_pant_01_1_2.png

These are on black friday sale right now......here

http://www.btosports.com/p/asterisk-zero-g-knee-brace-pant/option/MX-PANT-S*Last3

They sell all the parts in separate pieces so you can buy what you need as you need it. Not sure off the top of my head what everything cost but those are sold by wester power sports. You can look on their website and have an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much for the asterisks and which model do you recommend? Whats you thoughts on size for Jonathan, aren't Talin and him about the same size?
John, the best thing to do is have him measured at a shop like Kames. My son's Pods are adult mediums. He's been wearing them for 2 years. The only thing that has happen to them is that he's lost the screw that holds the rubber band in place. Replaced it with a new screw and some Loctite, haven't had a problem sense.

Anybody use the mobius knee braces? I have cti morph's in need of refurb in a bad way. I will have to call ossur to see if they still have parts for them.

Update on my situation --- ended up working out pretty well for me.

Sent my braces to Ossur for refurbishment. Because they were so worn and beat, they ended up just tossing them in the trash and molding me complete brand new ones! AND.....even better --- they were covered under their warranty so it was FREE to replace them with new ones. I did have to purchase the updated knee cups but was able to use my HSA account since they are a medical provider. Total cost to me was about $130 for shipping and new knee cups.

KneeBraces_resize.JPG

Watch those plastic rivets on the knee cups, mine kept popping off easily. Ended up gluing them in place. I wonder why they charged you for the knee cups, they didnt for me.

Everyone is talking knee braces. My son has been wearing just knee guards for the past few years. Is it time for me to get knee braces for him? What kind should I get? He is 12 now.

None. At 12 bones are pretty flexible. All your going to do it make his knee ridged and break a femur if something happens.

I have the new EVS Axis Pros and I'm a little disappointed in them. The Velcro straps are to thin in my opinion and don't always stay connected. The Velcro seems to wear out pretty fast I have already had to replace them. I've also broken two of the plastic D rings that the straps connect to. They are held in with an Allen bolt but when you try to unbolt them the rivet spins on the back side. I was forced to use a die grinder and grind off the head of the bolt.

Everyone is talking knee braces. My son has been wearing just knee guards for the past few years. Is it time for me to get knee braces for him? What kind should I get? He is 12 now.
Thor Force are pretty good, not really a true knee brace, but a lot better protection than the baseball catcher style knee protection.

to answer hersheys question, I just had the same result as pit did with my cti's, they will provide the old style patella cups for free but had to pay for the updated patella cups

I had both ACL's reconstructed before I finally invested in some Asterisk braces. No issues after wearing them religiously.

...and yes, I still have them for when my bench racing get's a little out of hand.
I couldnt even think of riding without them, I have 2 torn ACL'S and have had since the 80's

Back