2016 LL Classes and Rules

The goal of the sportsman classes is to give our members what they are asking, we hear it all the time. It's a "amateur" national, we are trying to push those ex-pro's out of those classes for true amateurs. What's wrong with that? Vet riders make up large demographic of our sport, we want to give them what they deserve. If you want to argue 45+ or 50+ being a sportsman class.. that's a legit argument. The 25+, 35+ and 50+ are open to ex-pros. The 30+, 40+, and 45+ are limited to amateurs. I think the "John Grewe's" of the world will be ok. He proved it this year in the 35+.

Also I'm extremely excited about a second 125 2-stroke class (schoolboy 1 and 125 B/C) to encourage youth riders to stay on 125 2-stokes. Now they have two 125 two-stroke classes. There is no new C class. The 250 C 12-16 was implemented in 2015.

I believe these are positive changes.
So does the 125B/C run their regional at the youth or the amateur? If it's at the amateur regional then it's just more money. That's not helping the sport. Hope it's at the youth.

If someone is not fast enough to make it in one of those other classes, then they will not make it in one of those others either. LL is not your weekend warriors for the most part. It used to be, it is not any longer. If your not riding a few times a week, and racing on the weekends, your not going to LL. Although there are some that just pro practice it most days (3 or 4 a week) and run the qualifiers and regionals. Those guys are not helping out the local racing scene at all either. I see some every year on the LL list that are from the area, that I have NEVER seen at a track around here, and wonder who are these guys.

If the 125 b/c class is at the youth regional that sucks, I'm 40 and race a 125 I have to go to the youth regional, that's gay!!!!!

That would make it fun, buyt im guessing prolly not, we gotta cater to these young punks that have mommy and daddy pay for everything.

AMA needs to change the school boy class. They only need one schoolboy class. It should be 125 - 250F (no 250 2 strokes), and 125 b/c 12-16. Basically combine the two schoolboy classes.

Kindof weird that there are basically 4 schoolboy classes now.
I would of killed for 4 when i was that age.

It was Jr Mini, Sr Mini, Super Mini, Schoolboy. And that's it, the rest of them had to read Dane Leimbach's yearly Loretta's updates all week long from a home computer. (And even then if he added pictures, it might of taken a long time to load)

Now we got 168 riders making it to a prestigous event, when 42 used to be the cut. Makes sense. Every kid on a college campus just thinks they are owed a degree and a job. A job that lets them spend money that most 40 year old professionals can't. Ok, I'll stop now.

Yup just keep taking away classes for the guys who dont train at a training facility all year, and ride a 250 2 stroke. It amazes me how every year the classes seem to be formatted to cater younger riders and riders who put all their time and money into training facilities. Heck the AMA outta just start their own training facility. Schoolboy 1 and 2 are both classes for kids to ride 125's, now they have a 125 b/c I strongly agree with Schafferknocker, a rider of my ability now has nearly no chance of making it to lorettas since there is no 2 stroke class. But hey the AMA prolly doesnt need my money anyways right??

Yes they do. They just don't give a s*** what you think.

The AMA is trying to fine away to keep kids on a 125. It's a big jump from 85s to a 250f. Personally I feel that Schoolboy should be 125 only, but they have to cater to the factories. I am shocked that they got rid of the two stroke class.

For people like me you and schafferknocker this is exactly the case!!!! No point in even going to a qualifier now.

So, not having a open 125 class is the reason? Are you a vet racer? Plenty of good classes for the vet races. If not, you've got your choices between A, B, and C class. Plenty of choices.

You guys have alot of choices. You can race a 125, 250, 250f and a 450f. The kids coming off a 85 should start on a 125. That's the difference and that what the AMA is trying to do.

No, not having a 2 stroke class is partially the reason. I'll have to buy a 250 2 stroke or try a 4 stroke again which I'm never excited about. What I like about racing the 125 class is that we are all on the same bike.

This same bike type of racing is extremely hard to find when: 1) You hate 4 strokes, and, 2) you're still maniacally in love with the bitch (2strokes) that the majority of manufacturers divorced a long time ago.

Now the national promoter is divorcing them, less you're under the age of 17.

No, not having a 2 stroke class is partially the reason. I'll have to buy a 250 2 stroke or try a 4 stroke again which I'm never excited about. What I like about racing the 125 class is that we are all on the same bike.

This same bike type of racing is extremely hard to find when: 1) You hate 4 strokes, and, 2) you're still maniacally in love with the bitch (2strokes) that the majority of manufacturers divorced a long time ago.

Now the national promoter is divorcing them, less you're under the age of 17.

But you still have alot of choices, the kids didn't. One class, or straight to a 250f.

If you guys want a 125 class, complain to MX Sports and the AMA. I hope they will and bring back the Two Stroke class too.

I'm in my 50's now so I forget from time to time, but what bike did Dave Jones win LL +30 on?
Now stop crying! You weren't going to race qualifiers anyway. Just looking for a way out.
As I like to say, it's easyer to complain than train.

100% correct! Stop crying!

I'm 45 and classified as an AMA B racer. I own a 2006 RM125 bored to 144cc.
I just did a quick count and I found 8 classes that I would be eligible for.

Back