2016 LL Classes and Rules

You guys are all whiners, I'm racing an rm125 this year in the +35 and plus 40 class, I am an over the road truck driver so I don't get to train much. I don't believe it's the bike, it's what the rider can do on the bike that he chooses to ride! Stewart raced his 125 against 250fs he won, Carmichael raced a 250 two stroke against450 he won, I c kids at lorettas in the schoolboy class on 125 turnings one of the fastest lap times, it's not the bike it's the rider and I will enjoy racing the guys on 450 this year!

Man, have they been trucking sand back into Gatorback? I haven't been there in about 10 years. Last time I was there it was hard packed and most of the sand seemed like it was gone. Soil does not even look the same in my opinion.

Man, have they been trucking sand back into Gatorback? I haven't been there in about 10 years. Last time I was there it was hard packed and most of the sand seemed like it was gone. Soil does not even look the same in my opinion.

John, I was told that they have been adding sand for awhile. The other thing was there was no big jumps and my son said it was one of his favorite tracks. Just goes to show you that you don't need big jumps to have fun.

Nice. I will have to go back. Last time I was there, it honestly was horrible track conditions. Thought the track in the video looked great.

Also I'm extremely excited about a second 125 2-stroke class (schoolboy 1 and 125 B/C) to encourage youth riders to stay on 125 2-stokes. Now they have two 125 two-stroke classes. There is no new C class. The 250 C 12-16 was implemented in 2015.

I believe these are positive changes.

So, the AMA wants to encourage kids to stay on 2 strokes? Why? Would it have anything to do with SAFETY? If so then why is the schoolboy 4 stoke class still available? I like the idea of a second schoolboy class (for LL only) but why not 125 stock and 125 modified? or whatever they call it now? "Limited" Whatever in the hell that is??? I looked at the results from the regionals, both races out in Cali had less then 10 each in that 250 C 12-16 class. Was the change made to help boost numbers? Because the schoolboy classes are packed. Making it a B/C class makes it nothing more then just a second class for the same kids on the same bikes? Again, nothing wrong with that, but do we really need 3 schoolboy classes. The dilution of the "National Championship" continues. Last I checked a 13 year old kid now has 8 different age group classes to choose from. Yes, 8.
1985 total classes = 26
1995 = 30
2005 = 33
2015 = 38
32% increase in classes.

Oh, and Grewe was in each of those years and MANY others... :D

Were the stock bikes really stock?? I think limited would better describe the non-modified bikes......maybe limited and unlimited? Although thats not true either. Even the modded machines have limits as well.....They need Vet Limited...as in limited on hours ridden in a year. Everyone submit your hour meters before qualifying.

I always wondered why they don't race the youth classes on Mon-Weds then have the big bikes come in Thurs-Sun. If you race 1 class you are there for the week to ride 3 motos, seems a little much.

I always wondered why they don't race the youth classes on Mon-Weds then have the big bikes come in Thurs-Sun. If you race 1 class you are there for the week to ride 3 motos, seems a little much.
Because they can get thousands of more dollars in all the additional days of entry, camping, etc. etc.

It's kind of nice to have days off I between motos. Relaxes you a bit. Let's you get mentally prepared for the next one...allows you to recover from the staunch heat....if your gate drops at 2pm Tuesday you'll pray to God after walking straight into the river full gear that you don't race again until Thursday morning. And then a killer Heater or mudder on Saturday.

I rememeber watching my dad come off the track slurring his speech and my mom (a nurse)was saying you're not right. And I (at the tender age of 7)even was kinda scared because he was stupid off--and I thought he was the smartest and toughest guy on earth then. (Well still do, but that's another story) He had some serious heat stroke. She took him down to the river in full gear just to cool him down. Kinda scary being a nurse now knowing what heat stroke can do to you.

Last edited:
Back