Helping out on practice days

I don't care if I'm paying $25 to ride, me paying $25 to ride and help out flagging is better than someone being critically injured, don't be so selfish, it's $25 to ride and flag, not a big deal.

If a track Is drawing a 150 guys on a practice day, it should be their responsibility to provide flaggers.

Now for the reality.....how do you predict the 150-200 rider days? When you average 95-100, meaning some days you have 80, 85, 92, 97, 110, 115, 120, then boom 175......so maybe we should go with pre-registration for practice weekends??

I would say ANY scheduled practice open to the public should have flaggers. All RED flags. It is practice so no reason to slow down or no jumping. Just stop for a couple seconds, let the dudes get up and out of the way, then throw the green.
J.O. gets a big ata' boy for the technique I seen on the tunnel jump during the battle race. The flagger only had a red cross flag. SUPER SMART. If someone goes down on an obstacle like that then everyone needs to treat it like the rider is injured.

Someone breaks that rule then they are sent home. No second chances.

If there is a Rocky Mountain gas card involved sure. Especially if you pre pay and to get the car you gotta be at the track by 9am.

25x50= 1250

Advertise for a local on call flagger in your paper that pays $75 a day....you'll get some locals that will do it. Not all are stupid.

This is getting ridiculous! Might as well make it 35 or more to practice. This is a business people, someone has to make money or it goes away! Do I agree that there can be some sketchy spots at times on any given track, yes, but use that brain you are given and pay attention to your surroundings. Help someone out if they are down because you would want the same. The best alternative middle ground anyone can hope to achieve is give the "volunteers" a free ride day pass. You don't even have to flag all day, just half, and half for another. Still it complicates things for the owners because in the end it all rests on their shoulders and becomes a huge headache. In the end, if you want to be perfectly safe, stay home, in a bubble, and stay off facebook. Thanks, got that one off my shoulders.

Most people on here are not worried about what we would do. Its the Jackass pro practice guy out there that is gonna win practice come hell or high water. We all have seen them. Always like the guy that passes someone on a practice day like he is winning the SX Championship.

Cutters are more dangerous in my opinion. THe ones that can't make a complete lap without getting on and off the track or cutting a section.

The cost of a couple flaggers?, If one bike shows up there should be flaggers.

No one cares if I am making money. I have to have a full staff, insurance building, vehicles........
Everything that cost tons of money, whether we are making money or not. I have all the necessary things in place to run a business correctly, and that is why so many shops do business with me/us.

If owning a track is not profitable then close up. More bikes for other tracks.

I have toying the idea of having flaggers and gate staff at each track checking wristbands, as well as trackside patrol policing the cutters. Top this off with an onsite medic. This can be accomplished for $30 per day to ride. I'm almost past the point of asking, I think this really needs to happen. Just too many squirrels riding nowadays.

Just put one guy at the highest point with a radio. When someone crashes he can call a guy on a pit bike to fly to the down rider and begin flagging.
Problem solved! Cut me in on the cost savings. PM me I'll tell you where to send the checks.

Security cameras around the track. Connected to one tower with one dude watching them. If some goes down then that one guy turns on a red light on a pole in that area. Super simple and cost less then $1000. Have one other guy on one of those rolling couches that can ride to the area to help the downed rider. That's 2 guys to cover the entire track. ROI would be a couple months.
I have seen a video of a track down south with this set-up so I know it works. Well it is being used anyway

I have considered this idea in the past...I have a couple traffic lights now. I do plan to add cameras and monitors for the flaggers that have trouble seeing the down sides on the big three, I guess it wouldn't be to hard to add another monitor in the center tower. I do know that some traffic lights can be controlled by IR or by wireless control, but they don't fit in your budget. Nor does trenching in conduit and wires all over the place. NO we aren't hanging wires everywhere either it looks tacky! I do think that having a centrally located system controlled by 1 guy is a good idea. Its just a matter of finding a cost effective means to do it. It doesn't even necessarily need to be a "traffic light" Heck it could be two Bright bulbs, 1 red 1 green. The key is wireless access. But I guess that leads to the next issue, is how many of those can be placed on different signals, will they cross paths: Can you independently control these lights wirelessly?

I have considered this idea in the past...I have a couple traffic lights now. I do plan to add cameras and monitors for the flaggers that have trouble seeing the down sides on the big three, I guess it wouldn't be to hard to add another monitor in the center tower. I do know that some traffic lights can be controlled by IR or by wireless control, but they don't fit in your budget. Nor does trenching in conduit and wires all over the place. NO we aren't hanging wires everywhere either it looks tacky! I do think that having a centrally located system controlled by 1 guy is a good idea. Its just a matter of finding a cost effective means to do it. It doesn't even necessarily need to be a "traffic light" Heck it could be two Bright bulbs, 1 red 1 green. The key is wireless access. But I guess that leads to the next issue, is how many of those can be placed on different signals, will they cross paths: Can you independently control these lights wirelessly?

As many as you want

No they won't cross paths

Yes you can independently control them wirelessly

What about a drone? Just scan the track and in the event of a crash just drop it in front of the crash like a yellow.

Back