Helping out on practice days

These ideas seem too elaborate and expensive. I think if you raise the price up too much you'll start to run off people. Three flaggers are plenty for BC.

If we can do this cost effectively, I don't need to adjust my price, but if you have 3-4 flaggers on the big track that opens the door to the C track, might as well have a couple over there. That's 5-6 @ a cost of 400-500 bucks a day, we just increased our daily operating cost 70-80%.......I don't know any business that absorbs that and keeps on trucking. Plus the benefit is all for you guys and me myself the rider too. However if we do a facility upgrade, ie lights, controls etc. I can spread that out over 20 years, its not that bad. Plus if it takes one guy to control it, I think I can swallow that pill.

Bill480, Do you have a link to some lights that could be controlled remotely via switches? Really need to be outdoor rated.

Bill480, Do you have a link to some lights that could be controlled remotely via switches? Really need to be outdoor rated.

can you find cheap used trafic lights? IDK. I know you can get outdoor LED lights that are pretty cheap and you can control them with blue tooth from your Phone.
I have them on my trailer. bought them at an RV store.

1 guy in the nest on Led flashers numbered by turn. Wherever they are down flip that switch. And also have a master switch that turns them all on.

DHDS could rig that up for you.

Green and Yellow or Red LED bulbs controlled by wireless remote or switch is assumed by this point.....Need real links, real product. You can only spitball so long.

Might just be Red, people still jump on yellow.

Green and Yellow or Red LED bulbs controlled by wireless remote or switch is assumed by this point.....Need real links, real product. You can only spitball so long.

Gotta be bright. Those light bars can get expensive. Gotta be super bright.

Well do you want battery/solar powered lights? Or are you going to run power to everything? If you are running power you might as well run data, would be more reliable.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...832961.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.1.BgZLyu&s=p looks interesting

If you want something setup/installed I'm sure there's somebody more qualified and more local but I'm willing to help.

Gotta be bright. Those light bars can get expensive. Gotta be super bright.

China light bars are cheap as hell. USA light bars are expensive, but this doesn't need a good light pattern or anything, not trying to light up a trail.. just get people's attention.

http://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/N/V/NV-5164_3_1000.jpg

image.jpg

Do you really think that one single guy can watch the whole track all at once? I sure hope he has eyes in the back and both sides of his head.

Another thing to consider is that once people see the lights installed, they are going to rely on the lights for decision making rather than thinking for themselves. Your control guy falls asleep in the stand and it could be just as bad as not having lights at all.

I think most people would pay $30 to practice at a place like BC that they know the prep is top notch on practice days. If that would cover a few flaggers, go for it.

Back