Pymatuning needs your imput Here we go ,I've always want to ask but maybe didn't have the --lls

Okay, probably cant this yr, but for yrs to come need to have mostly day races. If you want bikes to come then have bikes run then quads not sure if you still do that. Then id keep finish area doze whole track and start over. first person id call would be dave hand or trevor someone like that to help you get a nice flowing track. Keep most turns flat with not banks. Hold at least 1 pro day a yr. Thats where id start.

The problem with not getting crowds is that ya have a race like twice a week, people get tired of going to that track and losing to someone whos a holeshot hero because they're there every friday saturday and sunday. The less races you have the more people will attempt to make it to them in my opinion.

Art that's very true especially with the amount of tracks in the area these days , I see you havent been out to holeshot in a few years . Two years ago we switched to a two race a month format and in our history we never raced more than one race a week , and back in the day that worked just fine, until everybody and their uncle thought they knew how to run a race track and they started popping up on every street corner and cornfield around . We have already bulldozed up the entire race track and completely changed the direction and format of the track . We are also having over half of our race program this year in a daytime Sunday format with our super race series in conjunction with hotel conneaut , it's actually something that's never been offered anywhere that I've ever seen before , and once you try it out I'll comp your whole weekend including your room if you don't like it and wanna come back . It really is a kool weekend experience especially if you have kids and you can't beat the pricing anywhere and the hotel is freaking beautiful and less than 10 minutes from the track and on a lake and inside an amusement park , so when the park season is open we will be able to through in ride tickets too !

Kawi330. We are running a completey separate format this year for both our nite and day races with the quads and bikes never on each others track not even for practice and it's makes for way better conditions and hours less time at the track and I mean hours . Try it out I think you'll like it

By the way mike Fischer great post and some good ideas too which I'm happy to say we have implemented quite a few of them ,don't ever be afraid to put your two cents in ,I really appreciate the time you took to sit down and write such an in depth critic as you now know it's time consuming to post , I'd much rather by spending all these posting hours pushing dirt or sleeping after pushing dirt ,but I now realize you have to find the time for both somehow , so as to keep the riders more engaged and hear what they want , it really is a great tool for that and it's free , I can't believe it took me so long to understand the value of this site , it really does serve the racing community well . Anyways the weather this week should give us enough time to finish up the jump changes get our whoops and roller sections in and finish widening up the place , hope to see ya out this year and we are bringing back the sat nite pro races for this years 3 day . Thanks for your imput mike and say hello to your dad for me ,I miss seeing him around the joint !

Hey Jason when we were down your place a few weeks ago working on the pa , I spotted a few , actually more than a few really great jumps and sections at malvern I hope you don't mind if we copy one or two of them , after I saw your layout I can see why the riders like malvern so much .

Perhaps this was already brought up but being that I skimmed through this thread and didn't see it...
Anyone remember the early turn of the century when Scenic Highlands offered a FREE race? It paid zero points and perhaps the pro payback was low if even existant. But I remember the turnout being very large. Almost like an LLAQ. I raced 3 classes that day, and a large number of family and friends attended. Sure, charge your standard gate entry fee as you do have to have some income for the promotion, but utilize a FREE race once you've addressed issues many others have mentioned.
I'm sure owning and operating a track can be taxing and difficult, otherwise more would do so. But being someone who has always dreamed of owning/building a racing facility, go for it! I'd go all in! Take notes and communicate with those whom have found success and then put in 110% effort. If you come up short, then you know you gave it your all to revamp your promotion.
Never been to Pymatuning, but I'd hate for it to go away. Best of luck to you!

No problem Art, build it!! Thanks for coming out and working on our P.A. With the bigger amp and additional speakers it sounds much better. Actually one of the jumps you pointed out (along with about half the track) will be getting changed after this weekends race.

Jason I have your extra spare amp set aside , when's your next race my help could use a break checking out another operation , maybe they could learn something new . We're all pretty burnt out putting in 100 hour weeks at Hole-shot , we could use a field trip nite out . I'll deliver it for you and show you how to hook it up , lim glad your pa is working for you .

Back