Pymatuning needs your imput Here we go ,I've always want to ask but maybe didn't have the --lls

After yesterday's reorganization meeting we have so many announcements to make we don't know where to start first so will just pick and choose along the way and see what you like and what you don't like As far as Pymatuning goes I have no problem in trying to earn back the respect of the Mx community once again, we did it before will do it again only better !

After yesterday's reorganization meeting we have so many announcements to make we don't know where to start first so will just pick and choose along the way and see what you like and what you don't like As far as Pymatuning goes I have no problem in trying to earn back the respect of the Mx community once again, we did it before will do it again only better !

Art

I havent been to your track for years but some of my greatest memories of racing are from there! I am really amazed at how well you are handling yourself on here, a true promoter. You have gracefully taken some hits and also given props. It is FANTASTIC to see the CRA trying and you making every effort to improve. You are doing the right thing and on top of that you understand what this site is monumental for as a track owner...... FREE marketing research and advertising. To be honest I got out of racing all together for some time and that is why I stopped coming to your track. I hit a race one or times a year until D12 last year and raced quite a bit. Then stopped again until OMA started. I became a pro practicer which I dont like as much. The reason I raced one year in D12 was because they didnt have quads the year, the tracks were in better shape and shorter days. I started again with OMA only because I have more money now and like racing better.

Dont listen to the far right or left here, ignore Richard (mx099) and his hatred, he really is a great guy btw, and ignore Tim, who also is a great guy. They both are well meaning good people for different reasons but each go too far in their feelings for this site. And Ignore thread stealers, Im sure if moderators had caught a few hijack posts on here early enough they would have been removed promptly.

Like ANY social media site you are going to have haters more than anything else, weed out the bad info and use everything else to your advantage. People like to claim this is a clique site but it is member driven not a clique. If the CRA had been vocal on here before 3 years ago when the OMA started people would claim it was a CRA site. 90% of people who visit here probably never post, they are reading funny stuff, looking for whats up in Ohio mx or where to race/ ride.

Keep it up Art and good luck!!!

Hi Every One , I had to stop for a few days and enjoy the fresh snow we just got !!
We have been Busy finishing up final negotiations for our new track additions to the Cra soon to be announced I think they'll surprise you one has been been holding national caliber races for years one of the oldest racetracks in the country 200 acre complex ,complete with lakes ,trails ,super cross,hair scrambles ,practice camping weekends !!!!!! uhum I wonder who it could be ? Oh yeah and did I tell you they're building a brand-new flat track to run a series with pymatunings new flat track this fall ,and ours already has the light system installed ,now we're just waiting for the weather to break so we can start pushing dirt , nothing like the smell of fresh to move dirt early in the morning !! You can start guessing anytime now if one of you happen to guess right I'll throw in two free passes to Pymatuning' s super race grand opening weekend I'll even buy you breakfast every morning at the famous Hotel conneaut .

Oh yeah I almost forgot hotel Conneaut in Conneaut Lake Pennsylvania inside the amusement park is opening up early this year just for our super race weekend anybody that shows a CRA CARD at the front desk can get a special room rate of $39 a night and AND and if you fill out our email information card for Pymatuning I'll buy your breakfast for your whole family,they're going to start serving at 5 AM so you can still make it to the track on time. OPPS I almost forgot there's going to be Xbox competition in the ballroom and we will stream the Supercross race live on the big screen and the top five winners of the Xbox contest , I'll pay for their Sunday registration just for coming out and having fun . Oh yeah and I almost forgot to mention we're going to try and kill all the kids activities around 10 PM and then we have a fun little band with a fiddle player ,and a guitar player , that'll make you feel like you're in Nashville ,that's allin the spirit lounge for a little adult fun to finish off the night , away from the kids activity ballroom . Oh yeah bring your go Pro video will stream out on the big screen too ,, it's going to be a fun weekend . Better get your reservations in early there's only 125 rooms we saved 25 rooms for our VIP comps that makes a total of 150 rooms . You can come early Friday night too and just to take in the area $39 why not ,trust me you're not going to want to miss this grand opening party . I'll see if you guys can figure out how to get the reservation number after all I can't do everything for you have fun Just a little preview of what the new Cra extreme has in store for this season !,,

Last edited:
Oh Yeah

I almost forgot there's a couple back rooms at the hotel we thought we'd have some friendly gentleman's poker games you know to see if you Ohio boys think you're as good as we think we are over here . Whoever wins the tournament I'll comp your room for the night and bye a complementary Cra season pass and pay for your way into the opening race for Pymatuning super race weekend I'll even throw in free food at our concession stand i'm betting it's going to be a Pennsylvania boy that wins it. If you already have a CRAcard then I'll comp your registration for a class. Hell I'll even throw in the use of the neighbors kid to get you loaded .

Last edited:
Oh Yeah

I almost forgot Did I mention we're going to have a practice on Saturday before the big super race we will get started at 10 AM in the morning free food for all the riders I'll throw in some bottled water too. That way we can test the New track layout before the race ,we will run practice till 3 pm. At 3 o'clock our ambulance service is going to drop by so that we can have three fun races , a peewee race ! A 65- 85 mini combo race and a big bike race I figure something like 10 laps and everybody that makes it to the starting line will get a free T-shirt , first come first serve whoever makes it to the line once the gate is full have the race . Then everybody can head over to hotel Conneaut where the fun will be the ones in motor homes that don't want to move the rigs will make arrangements to get you over there . Hello are you spectators are hanging around watching all the action maybe you can give us a hand putting the finishing touches on banner in and cleaning the place up and put in tolls away and such not !

Last edited:
What time does pract start and what days are you actually racing ? I'm cut short for time, all I can do is get to the track ride and go home.

Nurse practitioner school is a nightmare.

Hello, as I grew up only ten miles from Pyma I spent many of my early racing years at the track. As I am reading I am seeing numerous people posting about the size of the jumps and the safety with them. I must say that I disagree with a lot of peoples opinions on making the jumps "more round" or into table tops. In the early 2000's you had a few deaths(God Speed) and some serious injuries at your track. From an outsiders perspective it seemed this made you make some drastic changes to the jumps. The back double became more table toppish with a mellow take off, the camels back out of the first turn became more rounded as well, and the table top in the middle of the track turned into a step on jump you had to hit WFO. I always felt that those changes made the track less safe. I feel this way because rather than taking talent or timing to hit a big jump, any Jo Schmo could go out and attempt any jump. Now not only are people with MAYBE the lack in skills attempting jumps to big, but they are also hitting these jumps at a higher rate of speed. Sure crashes may be less, but when there is one and your going double the speed, injuries are more likely. On the same topic of jumps, I remember when you first turned the back table top into "The Back Double." It was the staple of Holeshot. That is also around the time that Vince Karnow, Tim Balentine(Sp) and others would put on great shows/battles in the money classes. The track was simply more fun then. More talented riders would show up because the track was difficult, had separation, and was fun. With more talented riders showing up to your events makes younger riders want to come to watch along with race. I may be way out in left field with all of this, but as someone going to Holeshot since I was 7 (now 23) it seemed the start of the demise of Holeshot was when all the jumps started getting rounded off.

P.S. When talking about riders that potentially don't have the talent to hit jumps, I am talking about the people that show up in their Timberlands and flannels. If a jump is more rounded it is more inviting to hit wide open and try, compared to trying to time a peaky jump.

I don't mean for that to be taken as I think every jump needs turned into a supercross triple. I just don't believe that hitting every jump 4th tapped and only getting 2ft of air promotes the safest, best racing possible. A good example is Hill top/Five Star Cycles mx track. I went out there last year just after Dave Lepley re-did all of the jumps. They were great! They ranged in all different lengths and styles of jumps. They had nice smooth take offs with long landings. You could come up short with out it being detrimental. However, the jumps needed to be timed and hit with skill, not with a wide open throttle.

Nurse practitioner school is a nightmare.

Hang in there. My neighbor finished her Nurse Practitioner certification a couple of years ago and really enjoys her work. You will get through it, help more people, and I suspect it will be worth an extra million or more in additional income over your career.

Hey art,
I haven't gotten around to putting my two wits in but I think here on PR is a good chance to. I've been racing pymatuning since before my balla dropped. Almost a decade an a half, now I don't know why it was like back in the 90s but I do remember having people pitted in our pit because it was so packed on the 3 day summer events. I've probably spent more laps on that track than anyone and over the years going from nobody mini rider, all the way to the Pro Bike class from riding pyma to riding national caliber tracks I've learned some things. Now you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt and accept it, or ignore it but it's your baby and you'll run it how you like. For starters. 1. Over the years you have cut track length and squished the entire track together in order to make it more spectator friendly. The sad truth is art, your pleasing the wrong crowd. You need to pease the riders first. You charge $10 for entry to spectate, but you charge at minimum $35 per rider. I'm not mathematician but if you don't bring riders, you won't bring spectators. Simple as that. So extended the track back like it used to be. Spread it out. If we wanted to ride a scrunched up high peaked jump track, we would go rider summit or switchback indoors. It's a outdoor track. My favorite parts of the track now are the bowl corners and table tops where you can really open the bike up. I understand you have to look at it at a safety stand point too, but right now, as soon as you land your already slamming on the breaks hoping you don't blow through the corner. You have all the open field in the back you used to work with. Not to mention all the dirt from the failed truck night! You she. The ability to have an amazing facility! Make the track faster, more spread out, more sweeper turns less U turns. Add more distance jumps, less height jumps.
Secondly, STOP COMBINING SO MANY CLASSES!!! I get it you wanna get the event over with quicker and get everyone home but there is nothing fun about being an A rider and running into +40 lapped traffic of being a B rider and getting pinched off on the start by a schoolboy rider. We're here to race our own class, not other classes. I also understand it's because lack of turnout but make the higher caliper track, you'll have higher caliper riders coming. Fact.
Third, you need to start appealing to the pro riders more. You stopped holding your pro race on the 3 days weekend. The amount of people that came to race that and the people that came to watch that was surreal. If you bring the pros you'll bring everyone else. Chillitown did it and so did bcliff now malvern is doing it. You make an incentive for the pros, the rest will follow.
Lastly for now till I can think of anything else, water. You've been doing this a long time and I know your not stupid but a lot of the flag gets and such water the piss out of the faces and I'm an expert and it's hard and dangerous for me, you're going to get someone killed. Easy on the water of the faces. Soak the track down the night before of the morning of a race. The water will soak deep down but not be a slipping hazard. I've bit the billet several times due to poor watering methods.
Oh one last thing, new gates because the old ones are too low and people can jump them absurdly. Also make the track wider, the only way someone can make a pass on a bike is aggressive block passing or basically riding off he side of the track. A lot of the jumps in he back are only big enough to fit one bike in the air at a time. I don't even wanna imagine how bad it is for quads.
Like I said you can take what I say with a grain of salt, or you dont. It's your facility I just know it could be great like it used to be, actually greater, but it will take a lot of hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I always loved the seperate quad track and bike track. And the pro race combined the two. Was really cool.

The inconsistent prep is what Pyma is famous for. Everybody just looks at the ground and shakes their head if talking about prep and Pyma in the same sentence.

If you can't water it don't bother racing it. Get a water truck or set up a good sprinkler system that will cover every of the track and water it till its muddy the night before a race. Starting prep at noon before a Friday night race won't do anything. It'll be dusty in practice. A dusty practice makes for a terrible racing.

So awesome to see you on here Art Cervis. Art, you and I go back 4 decades now. I helped build and design your original track. Once I ended my professional career, we got to building the track at Holeshot. I remember testing the track out as we were building it and you thought it was a great idea for me to try and launch the original & infamous "camelback." I'm not sure if you remember how that ended up for me, but let me give you a little hint. I did not look like a national champion at that point while I was lying on the ground watching you laugh at me. As all of you racers know, as soon as you build a jump, the dirt is very soft. Well, I help her wide open and went for it, my bike stuck right into the face of the camelback and ejected I went. Good news is, I cleared it, just without my crosser underneath me. Now that I'm done day-dreaming about my glory days. Art, I think its absolutely wonderful that your on here making things better. I have been a friend, supporter, builder, sponsor and believer in you for a long time. You have done wonderful things for this sport and I truly appreciate you. 99% of people in this world do not have the slightest bit of a clue to what it takes to start, run and maintain a motocross facility. Especially throw in there that bikes aren't $1995 now, there $8799!!! The motocross population is a third of what it used to be. It's incredible to even think that your still running and operating a track these days. You have had a lot of great days and not so great days. So to think you are still as committed as you were day one is commendable. I'm proud to call you my friend. I'm also proud of everyone on here that is giving Art encouragement. We are all part of the racing community and if we loose anymore tracks at this point it is devastating. Im not going to write a book on here but I think you are doing great things Art and I just want to tell you im proud of you. From the first day we started building to having my entire Cycle City Race Team out there every week racing to today, Im just proud of everything you have done. Thanks Art!!!!

Gary Pustelak
Former Professional Racer
Long Time Friend

So awesome to see you on here Art Cervis. Art, you and I go back 4 decades now. I helped build and design your original track. Once I ended my professional career, we got to building the track at Holeshot. I remember testing the track out as we were building it and you thought it was a great idea for me to try and launch the original & infamous "camelback." I'm not sure if you remember how that ended up for me, but let me give you a little hint. I did not look like a national champion at that point while I was lying on the ground watching you laugh at me. As all of you racers know, as soon as you build a jump, the dirt is very soft. Well, I help her wide open and went for it, my bike stuck right into the face of the camelback and ejected I went. Good news is, I cleared it, just without my crosser underneath me. Now that I'm done day-dreaming about my glory days. Art, I think its absolutely wonderful that your on here making things better. I have been a friend, supporter, builder, sponsor and believer in you for a long time. You have done wonderful things for this sport and I truly appreciate you. 99% of people in this world do not have the slightest bit of a clue to what it takes to start, run and maintain a motocross facility. Especially throw in there that bikes aren't $1995 now, there $8799!!! The motocross population is a third of what it used to be. It's incredible to even think that your still running and operating a track these days. You have had a lot of great days and not so great days. So to think you are still as committed as you were day one is commendable. I'm proud to call you my friend. I'm also proud of everyone on here that is giving Art encouragement. We are all part of the racing community and if we loose anymore tracks at this point it is devastating. Im not going to write a book on here but I think you are doing great things Art and I just want to tell you im proud of you. From the first day we started building to having my entire Cycle City Race Team out there every week racing to today, Im just proud of everything you have done. Thanks Art!!!!

Gary Pustelak
Former Professional Racer
Long Time Friend

Great to hear your advice and see you post on here Gary...now we just need to get you back on a MX bike!

As I sit here in Daytona. Art cut all the party stuff and invest in a water truck that sprays like this.

image.jpeg

Water trucks like that suck at watering high jumps and that's was 95% of pyma is lol

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Back