Pymatuning needs your imput Here we go ,I've always want to ask but maybe didn't have the --lls

Just to clear things up, I don't put my name on ANY track unless I am doing the track prep personally and my crew is running an event! I am NOT promoting any races next year, partnering up with anyone, doing anyone's track prep for their races, etc.... I am going racing with my family! I will give advise to anyone who may ask but that is as far as it goes! Dave Hand

Art just focus on Racing. Screw the tailgate parties. Leave that for your music festivals. Or orchestrate a stupid hipster mud run. Motocross racers want to come to a quiet track and make the noise with the engines on the track. You're tyring to go to big, too soon. There's no market for it. Even the huge baja brawl events that pull in 1000 riders don't have an alcohol sponsor. They have a FMF tug of war contest (which is an example, not sure if they do that directly with FMF was just saying), or something family oriented. Pie eating contests at night. Family fun atmospheres.

Art you really should go down to Chilitown for their battle round and camp out and just open your eyes and ears and take it all in. That's what people want to race.

Motocross is a family sport, there's no room for alcohol there. Or a huge party atmosphere. People just want to race. Go back to your basics of 1989 and provide a place TO RACE. Forget about everything else. Jeep festivals, music festivals never got you where you are today. If you're serious about Moto, re-invest in moto and not 3 other ventures at the same time.

Wow ! I just got 6 hrs of sleep and woke up and read some of my post and had to chuckle . What the hell was I thinking !!!!!! IN my new found enthusiasm I think I was getting carried away and trying to mix up a truck night and a motorcross race we all know that doesn't mix. We would never want to give our example of drinking and partying to our young people as a way to behave .Will save that sort of activity for a truck night or jeep festival , where the smart parents will leave their children at home and it's more of an adult atmosphere racing and booze never did mix please excuse my wandering from what's most important to racers and that's racing and family atmosphere .

Don't worry I'm back on track now that I've had some sleep and David Hand that sure was presumptuous of me to try and include you in a part of raceing activity I know your family would never believe in you know the party atmosphere doesn't belong in motocross were not trying to create the old High Point days let's just save all that crap for truck night and Jeep festivals . Don't worry all is good I'm back to reality now and David I'll talk to you at Sunday's meeting and you can give me some suggestions how to upgrade our track preparation while you enjoy a season off with your family . Don't forget Beth promised to bring lasagna to the meeting on Sunday . And by the way thanks for getting your point across on your post without making me look like I had lost my mind and was a crazy man , see you on Sunday thanks David I hope Gail can make it too !

By the way hey Georgie I'm counting on you to keep me focused and headed in the right direction on this new project so keep following my post to keep me on track and as soon as you can give me a landline call on the racetrack phone number 814-683-5655 it automatically transfers to myself own .

OK you guys won't hear from me again until after CRA meeting on Sunday keep all the good suggestions coming we should really thank Jason Rogers for starting all this and wanting to upgrade motocross racing in northeastern Ohio and waking up the CRA actually the more I think about it it's probably going to be a good thing to have two racing organizations we can continually try and outdo the other. TKS for your time ART

Art, I have to agree with Georgie. You just need to focus on the track and not the party. Sorry Skyview hasn't put any input on about the upcoming season, but, I was having a hard time getting signed back on to Pitracer and I have a very busy life. I am not on pitracer every day. As far as Skyview Raceway, we are having more motox's this year and we continue to try to make things better. Thanks

Im with George. Go to chillitown for the qualifier and camp out. Even with it being a 4 hour drive and costing an average of 500.00 after food, gas, and practice/entry fees we don't miss a race. Better yet go to malvern or briarcliff as well. All three do an amazing job.

Hi Yog welcome to pit racer

Ya I totally agree and have already abandon that line of party atmosphere I was getting it mixed up with our truck nite events and got the two events confused with lack of sleep that's not the example we want to set for our young riders , by the way looking forward to our meeting Sunday I'll get to your place A little earlier so we can talk before the meeting call you on Saturday .

Should have opened your ears when Jason was addressing the cra 3/4 years ago!!! And when Trevor voiced the same years later.....And as far as listening to a guy on pitracer telling you how to run your track you have had for 30 years is insanity!!! maybe js7 should get on here and learn how to ride from John 250!! Georgie for Cra president ! Watch out Yog the new blood is coming!

2016 Race Flyer.jpg

315, I will make you a deal. Come pitch a tent for the qualifier and cover the Mother of All Qualifiers in terms of racing (meaning write down what you see, and spit it back out via the internets), and I will not only be at the next Summit, but I will break out the new Jitny and race. I will also come armed with fresh off the press OMA hoodies!

View attachment 51172

315, I will make you a deal. Come pitch a tent for the qualifier and cover the Mother of All Qualifiers in terms of racing (meaning write down what you see, and spit it back out via the internets), and I will not only be at the next Summit, but I will break out the new Jitny and race. I will also come armed with fresh off the press OMA hoodies!

I'd read that..

Wow, haven’t been on Pitracer in ages and stumble across this.

Art, I’ll give you all the credit in the world for good intentions, but to bypass your die hard track supporters who have attended your events the last few years, an ask the OMA clique on Pitracer to redesign your track, and reformulate your business plan makes about at much sense as Jeb asking Hillary for campaign advice. In your first post I’m reading your apology and gratitude, and wondering whom it is directed to. I can only conclude that either you believe all those people who keep coming out to race at Pymatuning hang out on Pitracer, or that you are looking for guidance in becoming an OMA track.

Seriously, any input is useful, but it must be weighed against the source before committing to put it into action. The concept of a monolithic race community is pure baloney. There are several race communities, and each run different machines, different tracks, different organizations, have different ideas, and race for different reasons. With a few exceptions, Pitracer represents 2 wheel, points racers, racing for year end awards and/or building a resume for nationals. OMA accommodates that far better than anybody, and no matter how you prep your track as directed by the OMA racers on this site, they will not return and race Pymatuning under a CRA flag unless nothing else is running that day, or it’s a convenient practice for them. Focus on retaining the riders you still have, and look for ways to expand on that theme! Don’t give them the impression that you’re settling for them because you can’t get the riders you really want. Don’t take them for granted to pursue riders you won’t likely get.

I’ve raced Pymatuning a few times in the early 2000s, and we finally brought the trikes out for the first time in 2015 only because of the location. We were shocked at how little we hear about it, compared to how awesome it was. The evening we were out there, I can’t come up with a single complaint for the track (or the concrete start). I certainly wouldn’t change a thing without input from YOUR regular racers, (whom you won’t find many on Pitracer). Your biggest issues are with marketing, scheduling, and structure, not really track prep.

You are on the right track in your desire to obtain input, but misguided as to where you’ll find good information. I think this 3 page thread has input from 2 people who actually raced there in 2015. Every CRA race I have ever been to, I’ve filled out an entry form with my address, email, and I think even my phone number, as well as for my CRA card. Look at those who supported you last year, and start emailing, sending mailers, or calling THEM until you get a representative sample you are comfortable with. Post an email address for input requests on the CRA website and CRA facebook page. Aside from “input,” ask questions, and try to learn why they actually race. Some are serious points racers, some race only a few special events, some race for family fun. Some like to hang out with friends all day or weekend. Some want to come in, race and get scored, and get out. You need to find out how often they want to race, why they still support you, what they don’t like about OMA, what they like about your place, what keeps them there, what has kept them out in the past, and what would enable them to race more, or bring more like minded people into the sport. Start looking at what brings in your spectators. Spectators will often spend as much money inside, as they do to get in.

A new brand and image is a good idea but I’m personally not crazing about the “extreme” theme. I personally think the casual racing family, racing for fun, exhibition race groups, and the beginners and trail riders are overlooked markets the CRA handles well, though could use improvement. I think weekend events with related activities instead of “in and out” MX races would freshen up the staleness. Saturday barrel racing, mud bog, dirt pile climbing, obstacle course, ATV or motorcycle soccer, mini harecramble, bicycle mx, foot race on MX track, or whatever else your imagination can come up with before a Sunday race could bring families and many more spectators out for a whole weekend and something the whole family can enjoy. I think your heavy scheduling of race after race has your pool of supporters burned out. You’ve saturated your race market. Turnout begets turnout, and fewer events with larger turnouts, will build larger long term turnouts.

In my old age, one of the most annoying aspects of camping is the noise of loud music, loud generators, and partying. Sometimes it’s a simple matter of segregating the two.

As I see it, the CRA can either try to be another OMA, and compete with them for the type racers they serve best, or the CRA can look at the riders who aren’t served well by OMA, and offer a product or service nobody currently offers.

Never been there. But, Concrete starts are GREAT! Don't take it out. Love being on a flat surface, not rolling forward into the gate etc. I used to always get great starts off concrete at Kenworthys. I wish more tracks went to concrete starts.

A track that's on a downhill spiral should closely follow the advice of a guy advocating for machines which are no longer aloud to be sold in the US because of safety reasons.
Keep you current rider base and add trikes, problem solved!

OMA Season opener, Fri and Saturday a total 53 race entries of machines last made in 1986 and over half paid $35, the rest paid $25 totaling about $1605, 40 OMA memberships to fund awards an prizes at their banquet for which we aren't eligible to recieve at $25 ea for a total of $1000, and over 150 gate fees for both nights with just the people we brought for a total of more than $2250 for a grand total of $4855.00 Of course we have no way of knowing how many spectators came specifically to watch us, and I only know what I spent at the refreshment stand.

I won't ask if you run a business, because you'd be outside with a tin cup begging for nickels if you were, but I will ask how many were in your class of machines that now outnumber us by 1000 to 1, and listen to your explanation as to why anyone should listen to you.

OMA Season opener, Fri and Saturday a total 53 race entries of machines last made in 1986 and over half paid $35, the rest paid $25 totaling about $1605, 40 OMA memberships to fund awards an prizes at their banquet for which we aren't eligible to recieve at $25 ea for a total of $1000, and over 150 gate fees for both nights with just the people we brought for a total of more than $2250 for a grand total of $4855.00 Of course we have no way of knowing how many spectators came specifically to watch us, and I only know what I spent at the refreshment stand.

I won't ask if you run a business, because you'd be outside with a tin cup begging for nickels if you were, but I will ask how many were in your class of machines that now outnumber us by 1000 to 1, and listen to your explanation as to why anyone should listen to you.

Thank you for supporting primarily the Summit Indoor Mx organizer and promoter, but the OMA as well. We do appreciate all of our current and past members. The opinions of Richard Greathouse do not necessarily reflect the views of the OMA or its members.

Your tricycle numbers don't fly. It's a clown class. Once a month spectacle. It's like comparing a powderpuff night at a dirt track. Why isn't there a tricycle class built in any track on a normal basis? I race +50 and we always out number the clown classes at quality tracks.
Also I do have a business. Next time you see me at a track come introduce yourself. I'll grab a few nickels from my tin cup and buy you a burger and a Coke.
And JO thanks for using the words "do not necessarily" , instead of "do not".

Last edited:
THe riders are out there. But they're more picky than ever. Most don't care about awards and gimmicks.

So, this is something that has been in the back of my brain and this comment made it pop to the front.
That and I'm avoiding finishing the stuff for taxes,

I haven't taken an award for a few years as they are in stacks here. I don't need more bowling trophies or
cheese trays. The son is already at that point and he's only been racing 5 years.

This is not to say we're any good - it's to say trophies are not why we race. I can suggest something
now that I've had enough cider that would make me happier than any trophy.

Get it in the paper. OK, they don't exist anymore. Does pitracer even have a results page?
Does your track web page? Does CycleSpew whatever is left of it? Post results on facecrap. Send an
email letter. Promote the results as much as you promote the race.

Only an idea.

Note too, I've only really raced dirt tracks the last couple years and almost all of them either
pay money (rare for old slow phart class) or give a club T-shirt to the winner. Only first in the case of the T which is all they hand out to many classes. I take
that if I win. It doesn't say anything except an advertisement for the track/club. Most guys have
to buy it, winners get a free one instead of a trophy.

Your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be larger than they appear.

Your tricycle numbers don't fly. It's a clown class. Once a month spectacle. It's like comparing a powderpuff night at a dirt track. Why isn't there a tricycle class built in any track on a normal basis? I race +50 and we always out number the clown classes at quality tracks.
Also I do have a business. Next time you see me at a track come introduce yourself. I'll grab a few nickels from my tin cup and buy you a burger and a Coke.
I would not be boasting the 50 plus numbers too much. The biggest series in Ohio, the Battle of Ohio is only showing 9 riders with points last year. I would have thought 50 plus would have had higher numbers, but looks pretty disappointing actually.

I would not be boasting the 50 plus numbers too much. The biggest series in Ohio, the Battle of Ohio is only showing 9 riders with points last year. I would have thought 50 plus would have had higher numbers, but looks pretty disappointing actually.
Round 1=7
Round 2=12
Round 3=13 + 3 DNS
Not bad for a half a century old guys. The way you complain about your back will you see the +50 class?
Had 40 at RedBud this year.

The cra isn't all that bad of an organization. It has its place. All the Oma lovers come on and bash everyone that isn't Oma. The Oma isn't perfect yet. They try hard and hijack every organization thread. Can't beat em join em?? Nominate me for cra president. Comical. I decline. Maybe one day I can be a dictator in my own organization. Yea right. I wouldn't want to deal with the assholes. I like showing up riding and leaving.

Do I know you or are you just some kid random trolling?

Back