Amherst Meadowlarks Accepting New Members

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I am speaking on the behalf of the club, if any club members have anything to add please leave a comment. I have taken this from their website.. Please visit the site for more information.
Www.meadowlarks.org

Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
Fill out the application ($25 of the $75 application fee must accompany the application, the $25 is returned if you are not accepted into the club)
Attend 6 meetings
Work 3 Races and 3 work parties. Work parties are held the day before each race. Also, there may be special work sessions and every once in a while there are dinners (e.g. steak fry) which can always use extra help.
After the above requirements are met, an applicant must wait 6 months to be voted in.
Total dues for the 1st year are $100 for land assesment tax, remainder of application fee and yearly dues that are Pro Rated down from $300.
After a new member pays his dues for the first year, the new member will be given a key to the clubhouse.

You may also work your dues down to $90 I know the text says $100 but last nights meeting I heard it's actually now $90

Initiation fee $175 ($100 land assessment, $75 application fee)
First years dues. The remainder of the initiation fee plus if voted in during Jan-Jun $150. If voted in during Jul-Sep $125. If voted in during Oct-Dec $112.50.
Credits to reduce next years dues are accumulated in the current years as follows:

$20 for scheduled event (e.g. Work session, race, steak fry)
$20 for unscheduled work
MEMBERSHIP DUES REDUCTION: The most that dues can be reduced down to is $100. (e.g. dues are $300 and a person works 10 events which credits him $200, then his dues will be $100. Dues are $300 and a person works 12 events which credits him $240, then his dues will still be $100).

Also, once you have become a perspective member you may ride the track whenever another member is present. You can do that till you get your key.

Meetings are every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 8pm in the clubhouse

The club is full of people wanting to move forward and do great things and change the reputation they've had for so many years. The days of going to the track during the week and riding on hard packed highway are over. Give it a chance it's a local goldmine, we need the people to help make it great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Well it is a Club, and you have to do things in a club to be a part of it. That's how a club works. A second job? You can work your dues down to $90.. Which I consider pretty cheap for what your getting. Say you ride once a week for $25 a pop from May till September. You replace that day with going to Meadowlarks... That saves you $500.. As far as waiting 6 months.. Well you can go with a current member as many times as you want till your voted in.

Stupid take my money and just pay someone else to do my work not worth driving there to work. I want to ride

Well it is a Club, and you have to do things in a club to be a part of it. That's how a club works. A second job? You can work your dues down to $90.. Which I consider pretty cheap for what your getting. Say you ride once a week for $25 a pop from May till September. You replace that day with going to Meadowlarks... That saves you $500.. As far as waiting 6 months.. Well you can go with a current member as many times as you want till your voted in.

Not all clubs. And apparently you missed my point about the second job comment. I'd gladly pay to join Amherst.. I've lived less than an hour away from the track my entire life. I've ridden there maybe 5 times.

Not all clubs. And apparently you missed my point about the second job comment. I'd gladly pay to join Amherst.. I've lived less than an hour away from the track my entire life. I've ridden there maybe 5 times.

Well you are missing out.. This isn't meant to be a bashing post.. Which normally is what Pitracer posts turn to anyway with so many negative people. But just to inform people again of what's needed to have 24/7 access to a motocross track. If you have a negative comment that puts forth no value to the post keep it to yourself.

Stupid take my money and just pay someone else to do my work not worth driving there to work. I want to ride

3 days out of 365 a year that you must drive to the track to work and not ride.. You can ride on meeting days and obviously race on race days ... I don't think that's to much to ask really.

Well you are missing out.. This isn't meant to be a bashing post.. Which normally is what Pitracer posts turn to anyway with so many negative people. But just to inform people again of what's needed to have 24/7 access to a motocross track. If you have a negative comment that puts forth no value to the post keep it to yourself.

I'm not bashing the club at all. Apologies if you are taking it that way. I'm trying to inform the club that they are missing out on many potential members (and membership dollars). I would of joined ~10 years ago if it wasn't for this 'initiation process'. 10x500 = $5000.. x however many other people would have joined

I'm not bashing the club at all. Apologies if you are taking it that way. I'm trying to inform the club that they are missing out on many potential members (and membership dollars). I would of joined ~10 years ago if it wasn't for this 'initiation process'. 10x500 = $5000.. x however many other people would have joined

I understand Bill, so your saying if there wasn't a 6 month wait for a key you'd consider? Or is it the extra work And the wait? Thank you for the feedback

I understand Bill, so your saying if there wasn't a 6 month wait for a key you'd consider? Or is it the extra work And the wait? Thank you for the feedback

I think it's a combo of a confusing initiation/fees & a lack of time or lack of willingness to donate that much time to something that is not a sure thing. I understand you want to weed out as many yahooos as you can and putting forth a lot of requirements probably does just that.

But with all this verbiage on the website:

Fill out the application ($25 of the $75 application fee must accompany the application, the $25 is returned if you are not accepted into the club)
Total dues for the 1st year are $100 for land assesment tax, remainder of application fee and yearly dues that are Pro Rated down from $300.
Initiation fee $175 ($100 land assessment, $75 application fee)
First years dues. The remainder of the initiation fee plus if voted in during Jan-Jun $150. If voted in during Jul-Sep $125. If voted in during Oct-Dec $112.50.

I'm left scratching my head. From what it sounds like I have to spend an unknown amount of money, spend ~3 hrs x 6 = 18 hours on meetings, give up 3 weekends for races and 3 whatever a work party is. After all of that it comes down to a vote? No specification on that either. So if Grandpa Joe Blow didn't like the way I waved the caution flag and he's been a member for 175 years so everyone votes with him.. I just wasted my summer. If I do get voted in I dont get a key for 6 months but still have to pay. You say you can come ride with another member during that time; but you can do that anyways without jumping through 5 thousand hoops or spending a dime. (I don't know what the club rules are on that specifically so sorry if that's incorrect).

I understand what your saying bill and the wording is defiantly confusing on the site, and it took me a while to understand it myself. I've been going there since 2001 and haven't heard of anyone not being let in that did what was expected and paid the money. I'm hoping the Club will chime in and clarify a few things that are unclear on the site. How voting works etc. thanks again

As far as the money goes this is how I understand it

Upon arrival of first meeting you turn in your app fee of $25..

Do your work throughout the year and once voted in you pay your dues.

Dues for the first year are:

100$ land assessment fee. And the remainder of your app fee ($50)
The initiation fee is also pro rated depending on when your voted in.

So your at $150.00... Then you pay your membership dues pro-rated down from $300 depending on when you were voted in.

You only pay your dues and fees once your voted in. If you aren't accepted into the club they will return your $25 you put in for your app fee. So you are not losing any money if you are not voted in, just the time you spent working.

After your 6 month wait you are voted in, then you pay. Once you pay you get a key.

How the voting process works I am unsure of though.

Hope this helps Bill.

Members..If I'm incorrect please correct me

Last edited:
way too confusing.. someone needs to just erase all of that and start over. wish i lived a little bit closer, would be nice to have the opportunity (even though with all of that confusion and waiting time id probably just go drive somewhere and pay)

and you got bills words all twisted, his point was simply that hed rather just pay $ to join than to do all the work. all of that work would be like a second job.

way too confusing.. someone needs to just erase all of that and start over. wish i lived a little bit closer, would be nice to have the opportunity (even though with all of that confusion and waiting time id probably just go drive somewhere and pay)

and you got bills words all twisted, his point was simply that hed rather just pay $ to join than to do all the work. all of that work would be like a second job.

I feel like my post simplified it quite a bit. I still don't see how six days of work is to much to have 24/7 access to a track 365 days a year. People spend thousands to have that.

Here is what I propose. It would simplify things.
300 bucks a year fee.
work 3 races and 3 work party's.
1 year probation.
vote in or out. If I could pay money and work the 6 times, I would join, but Im not going through all that red tape.
This is why I am not a member from 1 million years ago! I also live close and would be an asset to the club, but I do not want to deal with all the politics either.

I feel like my post simplified it quite a bit. I still don't see how six days of work is to much to have 24/7 access to a track 365 days a year. People spend thousands to have that.

Quite the exaggeration.. you cannot ride 24 hours a day (anywhere) or 365 days a year (in Ohio). And it's more than just six days of work.. its 6 days of work plus 8 meetings. That's quite an investment of time.

Ok... i have printed out the form to join... do i email it ... mail it or drop it off with a check? didn't see any instructions on this on the web site..

Back