Amherst Meadowlarks Accepting New Members

Ok... i have printed out the form to join... do i email it ... mail it or drop it off with a check? didn't see any instructions on this on the web site..

Next meeting is the 15th at 8pm you may bring it then. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Quite the exaggeration.. you cannot ride 24 hours a day (anywhere) or 365 days a year (in Ohio). And it's more than just six days of work.. its 6 days of work plus 8 meetings. That's quite an investment of time.

Sorry, I didn't know I needed to get technical.. You have 24/7 365 access to the club grounds.. You said you didn't want to have to work. I don't consider sitting in a chair for an hour work.

Members in the past use the grounds and clubhouse to camp, have parties etc..

Sorry, I didn't know I needed to get technical.. You have 24/7 365 access to the club grounds.. You said you didn't want to have to work. I don't consider sitting in a chair for an hour work.

Members in the past use the grounds and clubhouse to camp, have parties etc..

To a lot of people that's exactly what work is. And it's an hour there + travel to and from, so roughly 2 3/4 hours, 8 times. If there are meetings twice a month, that would take 4 months to complete. Before you get to wait 6 months for your vote.

This is the stuff I got thrown at me when I was 12 trying to convince my Dad to join. Didn't work out back then either lol :(

To a lot of people that's exactly what work is. And it's an hour there + travel to and from, so roughly 2 3/4 hours, 8 times. If there are meetings twice a month, that would take 4 months to complete. Before you get to wait 6 months for your vote.

This is the stuff I got thrown at me when I was 12 trying to convince my Dad to join. Didn't work out back then either lol :(

I understand bill, time is money.. But to some it is worth it. I like having a place to go whenever I want. To some it isn't, to you it seems it isn't worth it and that's ok. I just simply wanted to get the word out is all. Your feedback has been good though and something I can bring back to them for the next meeting if they don't happen to see this post. I myself am a perspective member. I've been riding and racing there since 2001.. And have spent countless hours on the track working, watering, digging, and running tractors.. But my dad was the member not me. I still have to go through the process like everyone else. Keep the feedback coming though it is appreciated

Let me make it easier to understand. I am a member.
You pay $25.00 with you application and hand it in at the next meeting.
You can ride the next day if you want. A member must be present.
You wave a yellow flag at 3 races.
You come out 3 times for 4 hours each and help out with getting ready for race day. Cutting grass on the riding mower, putting out flags and banners, watering the track etc. This is the "Work Parties" Only 3 of them.
After a 6 month trial period and you come to six meeting you get voted in. From my understanding only 1 time in the 60 years has someone
not been voted in. Think about it, its a club, just respect it and all is good.
You will be voted in and then you pay your balance which is prorated depending on what is left in the year.
If you work more than 3 races then you get credited towards the $300.00 dues which can reduce your dues down to $50.00
Follow the rules of good conduct and your in. Nothing crazy. People are making it out to be so difficult. Farthest from the truth.
Need any additional info call.... Dave at 440-396-3092
Think about it, you can ride 7 days a week.... Due the math!!!

Last edited:
The club is full of people wanting to move forward and do great things and change the reputation they've had for so many years. The days of going to the track during the week and riding on hard packed highway are over. Give it a chance it's a local goldmine, we need the people to help make it great. Thanks
That would be the best thing for this club. I wish the best for a new wave of members and board-team to learn from past mistakes. Perhaps i'll stop out for a race or two this summer and hopefully be surprised. As a past member of 9 years, I met many great people and made good memoires. But in the end, "club drama" was too much to tolerate, for me.

I have been a member for many years I've never seen anybody not get voted in the club .
The six month waiting period to become a member was when the club was full; right now we're looking for active members .
We're looking at our antiquated bylaws to try to speed things up a little bit to allow members to not only get a key sooner and be able to ride right away .
You have to be sponsored by somebody that knows you from the track this gives you an opportunity to ride until you get your key. I believe once you're voted in and you've paid your money you can get your key there's nothing stopping that .
What may seem like a lot of wording and verbiage is really fairly simple . The fee goes down the longer the season passes . We had a one time assessment because of taxes and land fees that's the extra $100 .
The work parties are typically the Saturday before a race or you can work and race the same day flagging on the track . I've worked it out in the past where I've been able to go up there and mow the lawn or do some string trimming at my convenience to qualify for a work party . I'm sure some of us have other talents like computer or plumbing or HVAC and we're always looking for something additional to be done to the buildings that qualify for a work party . Right now are clearing some of the woods to make our track a little bit longer and give a little more seat time for the members as they go up to practice
I feel lucky to be able to have a place to go any day the week or any night of the week and ride to test my bike or just go out and hang out . Some of the best times I've had to just going in camping out at the track overnight for free and hang out with my buddies .
We take up to 125 members and were looking for a few more if you want to ride come on out check out a meeting they only last an hour or two .
For those that just want to come out and ride and not work we are looking into a paying member ship where you do not have to work . It is a club and we just don't want to give anybody a key to the place and have them not be responsible but we're working out the details because the more riders and members we have the better the club will be .

I would just post this on Facebook you can reach more people and gain more Club members....Only a handful of the same guys will chime in on this...

I did think about that, I keep my friends list relatively low though, obviously there is a share button but I figured I would post it here since 99.9 percent of the folks on the site ride either bikes/quads so I thought here would be the best place. I know probably 80 percent of the people view posts and don't respond which is ok, as long as they see the information and keep it in the back of their mind it is a win for the club.

FYI,
If you join the club you can pay someome to do your work parties or flag for you. In essence, you pay a little more and still get all the benefits of the club. BUT, YOU are responsible if the person YOU pay doesn't do what you are paying them for.
We do not have a labor pool. You can hire a responsible person to fulfill your work requirements.

FYI,
If you join the club you can pay someome to do your work parties or flag for you. In essence, you pay a little more and still get all the benefits of the club. BUT, YOU are responsible if the person YOU pay doesn't do what you are paying them for.
We do not have a labor pool. You can hire a responsible person to fulfill your work requirements.

Like a local high school kid or college kid looking for moto work opportunity ?

I like to a member I never be there I hear about from other riders about the track but I never get the time to go and is only members can ride I only ride on smith road and TV land oir and fly mx fly mx

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Guys,

I plan on coming to the meeting on the 15th.

I see in previous post's someone stated the days of riding a track as hard as concrete are over.

What I want to know is what is going to be done to the track so this is really the case?

My suggestion is to have a weekly 4PM Prep? Tuesday through Thursday?

What is the plan to prep the track during the week or weekend?

I live 15 minutes down the road, and my son is turning 7, I am very excited to join.

Back