Dirt Country vintage race. Who...what??

With 2 decades of experience you should know everything there is to know about dirt and equipment. You graded our first race so I would assume you had enough knowledge about our dirt to give us a grade right? Tell me the date you want to show all promoters how it's done and the place is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Heck, this might inspire me to emerge from my semi-retirement from racing........

I graded your first race on this site because this site is for information and entertainment about motocross. If I recall I believe I rated your race pretty damn high but given your hostility towards me and more importantly this site I am a little perplexed as to why you are upset about your customers sharing their experiences. Weather you like it or not, yes , I have been in this sport a long time and yes, I believe I know a lot about it. Knowing the dirt and topography of a piece of land is a completely different skill set then promoting / running a motocross race. So if you want me to come up and run a practice just to show me how had it is. Save your time. I know it's hard. Been there done that. Never (seriously) said it wasn't. But on the same note, if someone is going through all that hard work I would assume they would want to know what is good and bad
What happened to the fun Lonnie that use to text me all the time? Bring him back

I graded your first race on this site because this site is for information and entertainment about motocross. If I recall I believe I rated your race pretty damn high but given your hostility towards me and more importantly this site I am a little perplexed as to why you are upset about your customers sharing their experiences. Weather you like it or not, yes , I have been in this sport a long time and yes, I believe I know a lot about it. Knowing the dirt and topography of a piece of land is a completely different skill set then promoting / running a motocross race. So if you want me to come up and run a practice just to show me how had it is. Save your time. I know it's hard. Been there done that. Never (seriously) said it wasn't. But on the same note, if someone is going through all that hard work I would assume they would want to know what is good and bad
What happened to the fun Lonnie that use to text me all the time? Bring him back
Hostile? I thought this was a forum for discussion? You as well as everyone else that continuously post on here know exactly what some promoters think of this site. It's not a secret a lot of promoters will not use this site for obvious reasons. I continue to use this site as a tool just like the other social media like FACEBOOK, and Instagram. Have a great rest of your day. Don't forget we are open tomorrow for practice 3:00 till dusk. The track has been drastically changed and now runs in opposite direction. Saturday practice is 10:00-4:00. Race day on Sunday begins with sign ups at 6:00. Practice will start at 8:00. See ya there!!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Are they going to have a modern support class?

from the website

Modern MX Classes (3 Moto Format) Over the 2 days

50cc Open (4-8 yrs old) / 65cc Open (7-11 yrs old) / 85cc Junior (7-11 yrs old) / 85cc Senior (12-15 yrs old)

14-24 yrs old (125cc & Up) / 25+ / 30+ / 40+ / 50+

Ok it says modern support 3 moto format over the two days so is that 3 Moros each day or are they going do drag out one support class for two days?

from Facebook

All of the modern classes are expected to race two motos on Saturday and one on Sunday with one set of awards for over all for the 3 motos. However, based on Vintage turnout we could flip some classes to one Moto Saturday and 2 motos Sunday.

Wait again, 3 moto's over 2 days.... really?
Is this not the same crap AMA tried at VMD last year and most if not all hated it.
So you adopt the format for a local event? Im sorry guys but it does sound like you are trying to keep people away.
IF, and that is a huge IF. someone was going to leave chilitown after the first day because their class was done now they cant come to Dirt Country because they have already missed a moto or two. I was seriously thinking about doing just that. I will be at Chili Friday and Saturday but may not be there on Sunday so I was going to load up the boy and have him race DC on Sunday. Now I guess that is off the table.

Please, someone tell me im wrong.... Please.

Wait again, 3 moto's over 2 days.... really?
Is this not the same crap AMA tried at VMD last year and most if not all hated it.
So you adopt the format for a local event? Im sorry guys but it does sound like you are trying to keep people away.
IF, and that is a huge IF. someone was going to leave chilitown after the first day because their class was done now they cant come to Dirt Country because they have already missed a moto or two. I was seriously thinking about doing just that. I will be at Chili Friday and Saturday but may not be there on Sunday so I was going to load up the boy and have him race DC on Sunday. Now I guess that is off the table.

Please, someone tell me im wrong.... Please.
I agree with 3 Motos but it is what it is! Ck do u want me to bring you a Maico for Sunday? I think I'm doing log road sat,dc Sunday.

I agree with 3 Motos but it is what it is! Ck do u want me to bring you a Maico for Sunday? I think I'm doing log road sat,dc Sunday.
Riding a Macio is for sure on my bucket list. But since my boy can't race Sunday I don't think I am going

Kind of curious why AHRMA racing isn't a standing 3 moto format for their events anyway? At the couple that I have attended they are always done racing for the day by about 2 pm.

And if it's a consideration thing for the long travelers, then I would think combining Vintage and PV in the same days would actually help and would still allow you to finish at a reasonable time on Sunday. But point being, you could have in a full day of racing on Saturday.

At AMA Vintage Days last year, I happened to be one of the supporters of the 3-moto setup, and I was extremely disappointed being cheated out on Sunday. And if we would of run the 3rd's on Sunday, we likely would have been done fairly early. (except for the rain delays of course).

( LECTURING VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE SAYING ) "don't be stupid mike, they only get 3 entries per class, what dif does it make ?" :confused:

VINTAGE MX.... should be renamed " GRUMPY OLD MEN on WHEELS"

This weekend, and this whole regional series might not be perfect, but its a start. We now have an 8 race series that is close to home, on fun tracks, and at a much more reasonable cost. There may be some complaints, but I'm thinking about the opportunities for track time. For me 3 X 5 lap moto's is a huge bonus.

PS I volunteered to assist with TECH inspection at Dirt County, so I suggest all the complainers bring spare parts (or cash) to get a sticker.

Stuck at Little League tournament this weekend, somebody take some race pics please.

And be safe everybody.

I'm out to going to miss you guys !
We have a groundbreaking at our church I'll be there for three services all day !

Track was in awesome shape, you guys who are on the fence should really try and support this race. Sunday should be even better !

3 motos over two days sounds like a lot of great track time....only wish I could still race as would have been there.
I still having one sweet 83 250 Maico that is fully restored but sadly not out there on the track as my back is total junk...enjoy the racing days as you never know when they will end.
You guys should thank the track owners for holding vintage events and not bitch as not a lot of money in it for them.
Maico Mark

I would like to thank Dirt Country for having us there! The track was sweet today I had a blast! Great seeing a lot of the guy form the Pitracer forum! All in all a great weekend!!

Back