Dirt Country vintage race. Who...what??

I'm with Cutty and Mike I thought it was a great time also the 3 motos on Sat was a bonus . They also had open practice after the races if you didn't get enough .

Hey Mike do you happen to know the float height on a keihuni carb ?

From my perspective Dirt County was a tremendous success. As the first ever Great Lakes Regional there is certainly a learning curve both for the track operators and organizers. I think any good suggestions would be carefully considered and the series will evolve over the first couple of seasons.

So the positives, Dirt County was very pleased with the event, and asked for feedback on how they can make the event better in the future, they did a tremendous job on track prep, the event ran like clockwork, scoring was perfect. A true bonus was a 1 hour practice session after racing each day at no charge, free camping, fishing and a very nice facility. And because it was a local race I was home, cut the grass, unloaded and had dinner with the family on Sunday night.

LOTS OF SEAT TIME.... 5 lap moto's, 3 moto format Saturday/2 moto format Sunday, based on rider input, challenging but safe track, the ambulance never moved. 6 or 8 new AHRMA memberships sold to people who have never raced vintage previously but came out because of this series.

Negatives, none from me, I didn't hear a single complaint from a rider at Dirt County, just the "keyboard MX riders" who stayed home.

Try it you might like it .. "MIKEY LIKES IT",

The next race is May 14/15 at Delta,

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: k01
I'm with everyone else that was there. They worked hard and did a good job on everything and most importantly to me the track was fun and safe. The people that run the track are a nice group. Dave Woolever deserves a big hand also-he walked the pits whenever he could meeting people and asking what we all thought. If you don't know he is the GL regional coordinator and literally took this whole thing on from scratch. We can make this a fun deal so if you have can attend these please do. Finally - if you have never been to Delta-that is a great track!

I usually support all the races at DC. Great people running the place. I need to find me a vintage bike to race the next one....Who's got a factory ride for sale for a day?

I usually support all the races at DC. Great people running the place. I need to find me a vintage bike to race the next one....Who's got a factory ride for sale for a day?
John, not to worry Zenia was well represented by Jay...and no rocks were thrown.

You can ride Vintage / Post Vintage / Pre Modern / Modern at our soon to be "World Famous" Great Lakes Regional events. Put Delta on your calendar.

If you ask nicely team MW850 might offer you a factory Maico ride for the day. Or you can get you James Stewart replica out of the basement and rock the track.

Jay threw rocks at me! When he passed me lol! I had a blast the first moto riding with him! I got a bad start the second moto and I had nothing for him he is a very good guy!

1. Greg was the only one doing the second big double for 2 laps. Really rocking it jay decided he had to do it. Great race two fast guys trading the lead.

Jay threw rocks at me! When he passed me lol! I had a blast the first moto riding with him! I got a bad start the second moto and I had nothing for him he is a very good guy!
Was you watching the sign. lol. sign sideways gate down

I have rode enduros and hare scrambles for years this watching the gate is still kind of new to me! I definitely need to work on it!

No negatives from me. Thanks to Dirt Country for the excellent track prep and a smoothly run event. It was even easy to hear and understand the track announcements.

I liked the reduced number of classes. There were 13 in our 50 plus class.

It would be great to have even more come out and race so we build momentum and have these race options next year. The track owners are giving us a chance to make this work.

The highlight of the day had to be the gold plated, customer service oriented tech inspection. Wow was that guy on his game. Came right to my pit area and did the inspection.

I saw the new AHRMA series director, Dave Woolever, visit with most to get feedback and discuss his plans.

Great weekend of racing, Like to thank Dave and Dirt Country for all the hard work. Much appreciated. I had the most fun ripp'n on my newly built 1986 Rm125 that bike is a blast to ride !

You can ride Vintage / Post Vintage / Pre Modern / Modern at our soon to be "World Famous" Great Lakes Regional events.

I may have something for those bike categories. Any word on the format or race day schedule for future regionals?

Back