OMA's 125 class?

Ok, long time lurker here turned user. This John250 dude, wtf is his problem? ALl he does is bitch and moan about womans class, James stewart , tracks and now 250f bikes.

Is he a chauvinistic closet gay that hates colored people or what? Some one needs to slip that guy a mickey or something.

And the rest of you cry babies need to man up and ride. Isnt MX supposed to be a mans sport? You tight legged little pansies with your cell phone selfies couldnt hold a candle to the past greats, they didnt bitch , they just made sure they won.

Epic first post. Standing ovation.
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Original It's not ok to cheat. But a $50-450 protest isn't stopping anyone especially because the ones chasing lorettas and mini os aren't exactly worried about the cost of attendance. I knew guys that would say "yea I'm cheating, you're not tearing me down after the protest bike runs too good to tear it apart. "

I agree with the qualifier point y
Do you feel the same if it's a LL qualifiers? How about the Baja Brawl, Mini O's or The Can-Am race at Area 51? If you've raced any of those races then you know just how damn expensive they are. Some of these events cost thousands of dollars to attend. ( entry fees, gas, hotels, meals, and etc). So yes I have a problem with someone's cheating. Its sucks if you built a 144 for the OMA's 125 class and then get mad that you can't race it at one of those events. They are true 125 class.

I have absolutely no problem with the OMA, period. My son raced the OMA's 125 class and the Schoolboy class on a 125 last year. No complaints here. When I was racing the Vet classes I was on a 250f and pull quite a few holeshots. Never complained about being underpowered. But in all my years of racing I never cheated, just tried to twist the throttle longer. By the way I'm no keyboard warrior, I'd be more than happy to argue this point with anybody face-to-face. Hopefully with some laughter and a couple beers.

I get where you're coming from. I was referring more to the local events. I could see the LL, Baja brawl, or can am races being extremely frustrating racing against big bores given the cost. I don't agree with the bigger races guys being able to do it as long as it's a true 125 class.
I understand that the big races are very expensive and they should run true to the rules when that much money is involved.
It should be stated if big bores are allowed in those classes. If it is stated as a 125 only class at the national level, those riders in question should be protested and inspected by an official.

Are you saying it's OK to run a 144 in a true 125 class? Are you saying it ok to cheat? How about Ktrop, Hershey, Crazycat 259, or TwentyThreeMx, are you guys saying it ok to cheat. I wish one of you guys would sack up and answer the question? Is it ok to cheat!!!

I thought I was pretty clear about local stuff being different than large events. A little local cheating between friends in the name of fun is just fine IMO. Rocket always has a cheater 200 cc bike in the DQ 125 challenge! The problem is some people cant leave it at that. And most people cant understand when other people do it in the name of fun it isnt the end of the world.

So to answer your question, no it isnt ok to cheat when points or titles are on the line.

Never made a point that it was OK to cheat. My point to this specific original post is that this class in OMA was more so created for a fun extra class (I though) to make an affordable class for any rider of any level to just have an excuse to dust off that old 125 sitting in the garage. thats how i see it. its a blast when you get a group of 125s together on the track. dont care if its a 125 144 150 whatever it is. its a small bore 2 stroke, its sweet!

Good and valid points here along with some, shall we say, not so valid points!

I like the OMA. I like what they are about and I feel they do an awesome job! However from time to time they sure seem to be all about themselves (Owners) and their opinions. I guess when I own an organization like OMA, I can make the rules…..Understood!

When you have kids out there, (make no mistake, this class in question, Schoolboy 1, is meant for kids, not guys with dusty 125s in the garage, or Jeff Gibson), and they have nearly identical skills as their peers displacement matters. Even if its just a few more ponies out of the corner or hucking a giant triple…...it matters! If displacement didn't matter why are there so many Supermini's around? Wouldn't it make absolutely no sense to spend all that cash for a measly 20cc over the 85, because it doesn't matter anyway right? …….WRONG!

Maybe not so much the big bore 2T, but the 250f is just a more powerful machine period with plenty of its own classes to ride, it has no business in Schoolboy 1. It's your class guys and we will ride in it no matter what, but it would be a better class without the 250f for sure!

Happy Medium Solution: 2017 Schoolboy 1 = 105-150cc 2 stroke/150cc 4 stroke (no 250f)

After six pages I just realized this thread has two sub threads.
The 125 max schoolboy posters and the 125 Georgie and Hershey cheat posters. I think we need to start two separate threads from here.

image.png

Notice the side by side comparison above. (Both of which are 85cc)

Superminis are built with larger wheels and longer wheelbases accommodating to a many of kids that are too big for an 85 but not big enough for a 125. This class might go by the way side due to obesity. (Look up the stats) Kids these days now look to be going from 85 to 250f because they weigh as much as me at 165 lbs. When I was 16 I weighed 115 pounds soak and wet. 125 was too much. And it showed. Hurt myself on my Suzuki 125 pretty bad. But always could throw around the supermini.

However they also make great bikes for the inner city. Had to make fun of myself if I was going to put in some fat jokes. But they weren't directed at lily, I assure you.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anyway....these next few photos encompass what the 125 class is supposed to be all about locally not in the AMA. Once you start qualifying, training camps, hitting huge races these photos need not apply. Because we all know as brotocross states it motocross is not fun. So Hershey if you could drop a 167 in your bike in the name of fun, have at it.

image.jpeg

I will bet in the above picture there are a couple 125s ahead of my beastly 144. And I'm going to place the blame on...my bike needed a new piston at 4 hours. Nevermind.
image.jpeg

The above picture showed a small 144 tiddler overtaking TeamMMR 250 tiddler. It can be done. You'll also notice a 250F behind both tiddlers.
image.jpeg

This last picture is one that will never happen again, and it is to demonstatrate how much FUN THIS LOCAL 125 class is. So buy your small bores and get out and race in the Oma. And if the Cra Wants to make this class...race there too.

One last thought, if you've never done this to your kid, then--well--you're not spending enough money.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 51784
The above picture showed a small 144 tiddler overtaking TeamMMR 250 tiddler. It can be done. You'll also notice a 250F behind both tiddlers.

That's not a 250F. That's a 2002 cr250. I know this because it's my slow a$$ on it. It wouldn't of mattered if I was on a cr500. I would've still been behind both of you.

Slow news week? It's entertaining watching these threads take a dive. It's a goofy small bore two-stroke class....for fun. Do any of us really think that we are good enough that an extra 25 cc's matters? If you do, you're wrong.

Ok, long time lurker here turned user. This John250 dude, wtf is his problem? ALl he does is bitch and moan about womans class, James stewart , tracks and now 250f bikes.

Is he a chauvinistic closet gay that hates colored people or what? Some one needs to slip that guy a mickey or something.

And the rest of you cry babies need to man up and ride. Isnt MX supposed to be a mans sport? You tight legged little pansies with your cell phone selfies couldnt hold a candle to the past greats, they didnt bitch , they just made sure they won.
A fan of mine for sure. BJ must be back on Pitracer.

Seriously.....the only thing I suggested was no 250Fs in schoolboy to make it a transition class for kids.

I could care less about any of the other crap.

BTW.....not a woman hater, give them their own class. not a racist, but not a bubba fan.

Like any track open, some better than others.

Crazycat259......probably bubba on his couch back home on his couch. 259.....got to be bubba or a fan boy for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

A fan of mine for sure. BJ must be back on Pitracer.

Seriously.....the only thing I suggested was no 250Fs in schoolboy to make it a transition class for kids.

I could care less about any of the other crap.

BTW.....not a woman hater, give them their own class. not a racist, but not a bubba fan.

Like any track open, some better than others.

Crazycat259......probably bubba on his couch back home on his couch. 259.....got to be bubba or a fan boy for sure.

Ha, the 259 was just in your honor! Ive seen other members call you John259 so I figured I wanted to be as great as you.

From an outsiders stand point I think Ive hit the nail on the head.

You said:

"probably bubba on his couch back home on his couch. 259.....got to be bubba or a fan boy for sure."

Are you on drugs? WTF does that first sentence mean? Yes Im a Bubba fan, RC fan too, only 2 guys ever to go 24-0 in an outdoor season. Im a Dungey fan, Reed, Tomac, Millsaps, Barcia, Pourcel, Martin, Webb, Plessinger, Anderson and the list goes on! Im a fan of all the guys who are determined enough to make it as a pro. Im not a whining effing pussy with nothing better to do than be a keyboard couch warrior against guys with balls of steel.

However you sir, in a world full of champagne and roses, are a septic tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao. Man, come out of the gate and call me a key board warrior. yet your the one hiding behind the key board. funny stuff there.

Ha, the 259 was just in your honor! Ive seen other members call you John259 so I figured I wanted to be as great as you.

You said:

"probably bubba on his couch back home on his couch. 259.....got to be bubba or a fan boy for sure."

Are you on drugs? WTF does that first sentence mean? Yes Im a Bubba fan, RC fan too, only 2 guys ever to go 24-0 in an outdoor season. Im a Dungey fan, Reed, Tomac, Millsaps, Barcia, Pourcel, Martin, Webb, Plessinger, Anderson and the list goes on! Im a fan of all the guys who are determined enough to make it as a pro. Im not a whining effing pussy with nothing better to do than be a keyboard couch warrior against guys with balls of steel.

Dude, I had to fix your grammar. At least get it right when you are bashing people.

You said:

Hope I wasn't this big of an idiot when I joined.

Back