Attn Quad riders.....

hershey

PR Elite
Trevor has changed his open practice this saturday to include quads in the normal rotation of practice. So ..... show him your appreciation after all the complaints about it. Show up and support a local track!

if the turn out is low I wouldnt expect it to happen again, but thats just my opinion not his.

You should all give Trevor a lot of credit for including quads , I know for a fact that it's not his favorite form of racing because of the damage that quads do to a motocross track and after all he is a bike rider at heart ,but yet he has gone to a considerable expense and effort to add them to his racing program , so please don't say that we don't try and accommodate quads because as one can see there our promoters out there who are trying to make things better to help save the quad racing program even though the factories have seemed to price them out of the average riders means and that is sad , complain to the manufactures it's not the promoters fault and come out to tv land and support his efforts !

Sad, he'll lose a ton of bike $ to try and include these things and get 4 quads..

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Say what?? It's sat practice not race day

Idk that last Sunday when Smith had bikes first than quads able to join in after around 3ish you would have thought the Black Plague was going around as the bikes vanished once the quads showed up.. Smart on their part though to have a split practice.. Got both crowds to come.. I saw about 2-3 quads roll in as I was leaving.. Least he is giving them a shot to show up though.

It did seem that a lot of bikes were not aware they were welcome to stay, normally more bikes stay seeing as we really don't get enough quads to make it an issue. We do try to provide opportunities here and there for quads we just don't get the numbers to justify doing it more often.

It did seem that a lot of bikes were not aware they were welcome to stay, normally more bikes stay seeing as we really don't get enough quads to make it an issue. We do try to provide opportunities here and there for quads we just don't get the numbers to justify doing it more often.

Track was awesome that day though!

We know we are welcome to stay. But most don't. Ill leave my opinions to myself on that one. Wink. Only place I've ever seen bikes and quads in harmony is BC. Quads are forced to the outsides and it is fine For everyone.

I rode with quads for the first time at malvern last weekend. It was different. I think while being followed/passed by one it made me a little uncomfortable. I was hitting all the jumps aside from the table to table and he was right behind me. I just let him by. Lol. Other than that there were still nice ruts in the track. And malvern did a great job with prep as always.

We know we are welcome to stay. But most don't. Ill leave my opinions to myself on that one. Wink. Only place I've ever seen bikes and quads in harmony is BC. Quads are forced to the outsides and it is fine For everyone.
I had 10-15 guys come up and ask me in the concession stand, they legitimately did not know they could stay.

I think some of the BC quad crew is making the trek up to TV land Saturday, I think everyone should just shut up and ride. Life's too short to bitch about it. Pretty soon all of will be stuck eating tapioca pudding bragging about how good we were. Enjoy it, we are so lucky to live in the times we do, Braaaap.

The vast majority of quad guys do not care if bikes are on the track at the same time or during the same practice hours. We all support the same sport, the tracks, and ultimately, the same industry. I've been on tracks where the "quad practice" had a few big bikes involved. No one complained on our [quad] end. It's quite simple actually: we all want to ride.

@saplakc - try having a few bikes (not quads) jump next to you (one on the left and one on the right) trying to sandwich you on jumps. I see this every time there's an open session. Someone on 2-wheels has to be a smart@$$ and rides like a moron, use us as a berm, jump across lines, etc.

We'll be at TV Land. Not sure for practice as we all have to work in the AM. It will be great to ride TV Land again. Been almost 5 years exactly.

Say what?? It's sat practice not race day
I do know a group of vet riders that practice there every weekend. They aren't going this weekend because of the Quads. That is what they told me. Remember, I'm just telling you what they told me. So don't kill the messenger.

I remember back in the day when bikes and quads rode at outlaw and Beachwood trails. I don't remember it really being that much of an issue.

I think some of the BC quad crew is making the trek up to TV land Saturday, I think everyone should just shut up and ride. Life's too short to bitch about it. Pretty soon all of will be stuck eating tapioca pudding bragging about how good we were. Enjoy it, we are so lucky to live in the times we do, Braaaap.
I couldn't agree more. We all have things we don't like but this sport doesn't last forever for anyone. We are lucky to have the places we do to ride. Some tracks handle quads and bikes better than others but at the end of the day, it's about having fun. I'm 26 years old and I already talk about how good I was and I do like tapioca pudding.. maybe I'm just old fashioned. We all have one end goal, to ride.

I couldn't agree more. We all have things we don't like but this sport doesn't last forever for anyone. We are lucky to have the places we do to ride. Some tracks handle quads and bikes better than others but at the end of the day, it's about having fun. I'm 26 years old and I already talk about how good I was and I do like tapioca pudding.. maybe I'm just old fashioned. We all have one end goal, to ride.
When we first opened 62 we were both quads and bikes, even sponsored the Coad boys and the entire "Ohio Crew". The problem is I wasn't ready for the different prep it took to handle quads. It was never because we hated quads or quad riders. It's simply because we could not give them a decent track to ride. Heck Ray Charles could see we struggled with track prep. And just now are we close to getting track prep average. But I can assure you I will not stop trying until I do get prep right every time we open. We are gradually inviting quads in when we can. Have a great day!
11f3f4fb5da95512aff2618f8a636249.jpg

Back