Eastfork Race

John250

PR Founding Father
1462280581928.jpg

So Eastfork post this on facebook today. Says no AMA or OMA membership required. So are they part of OMA or not? The guys in SW Ohio were hoping these races would be OMA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Must be an outlaw race. It wasn't on the OMA schedule and WRMC does have a Super Series race scheduled that weekend. At least it's in the opposite corner of the state. Plessinger is off that weekend, maybe he wants to ride??

http://www.pitracer.com/index.php?threads/east-fork-spring-race-5-14-5-15.63998/

Its posted here on PR too.I just heard about this. So now OMA tracks can hold outlaw races the same weekend as other OMA sanctioned events???? It was bad enough BC ran practice against RT62 on the same saturday of their first ever OMA Race 15 minutes apart but now this?

I would say no offense but I wont, tell me this isnt OK with the OMA promoters?

I will hold off on saying what I really feel about this until we see a legit answer from the OMA

Just my opinion, but if a track is OMA, all their races should be OMA. Don't pick and choose which ones are, they cancelled their first OMA date, so this could have been a make up race.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

A birdie chirped in my ear and said certain OMA track was told they werent allowed to hold any non OMA sanctioned event on top of an OMA race date.

Guess that doesnt apply to Eastfork?

It's May and we have had one race in the southern half of the state. I don't care who sanctions any race as long as we have something.

None of the AQs are OMA, Lonnie's Arhma race is not OMA, there are exceptions to the rule. East Fork is still running the remaining OMA events listed on the OMA schedule. #oldfogeysnevergiveup #damnanimals

None of the AQs are OMA, Lonnie's Arhma race is not OMA, there are exceptions to the rule. East Fork is still running the remaining OMA events listed on the OMA schedule. #oldfogeysnevergiveup #damnanimals

Yes but East fork is running an Outlaw race on the same day as WRMC (5-14 and 5-15 ), a new to the OMA family track also. So Im guessing that the OMA doesnt care if tracks practice and race on the same dates when ever they want? I know for a fact another OMA track was specifically told they were NOT allowed to do this with an event they wanted to run yet East fork can?

It's May and we have had one race in the southern half of the state. I don't care who sanctions any race as long as we have something.

So your biggest gripe has always been the call for bigger gates and longer motos, how does two OMA tracks running the same day promote either of those goals? Diluting the pool with 2 tracks racing the same day from the same sanctioning body can do nothing but hurt both tracks and the riders who want big gates.

The "every man for himself" mantra doesnt foster unity. The CRA didnt have unity......

So your biggest gripe has always been the call for bigger gates and longer motos, how does two OMA tracks running the same day promote either of those goals? Diluting the pool with 2 tracks racing the same day from the same sanctioning body can do nothing but hurt both tracks and the riders who want big gates.

The "every man for himself" mantra doesnt foster unity. The CRA didnt have unity......

Close, Bigger gates are great but that's not the end all be all. Longer moto's of course are critical to getting Ohio and other area riders ready to race on a national level, but even that's not everything. With a large number of tracks spread across a rather large state, it is just not practical to expect riders to drive 4+ hours for a local race. If it is a "large" event then sure, on occasion you can expect the masses to make the trip. But every week? never going to happen. If an argument can be made that there is a completely different crowd for a race vs. a practice within 30 miles, than there sure as heck an argument that there is a third crowd that don't give a crap about what card is used at signup or points for that given organization. Because there is an OMA race on a given day, I don't see tracks in CRA, Kentuckiana, Michigan, Penn or West By God Virginia closing up shop because of it. I have never been shy about my issues with the AMA but one thing I did like was the IDEA of the districts. Keep tracks with close proximity to each other in a group and make a schedule accordingly. We all know that they somehow screwed that up but nevertheless, the IDEA was good.
So The Fork tosses in a race on a weekend when WRMC, Skyline, Treaty City and Hoosier Hilltopers all have scheduled races. SO that gives me the option of a track I have not been to since 1981, a track I have never heard of, a s**t hole that is 30 min from my house, a track that is a 4 hour drive...or... a great track 90 min away. No brainer, We will go to the Fork.

Yes but East fork is running an Outlaw race on the same day as WRMC (5-14 and 5-15 ), a new to the OMA family track also. So Im guessing that the OMA doesnt care if tracks practice and race on the same dates when ever they want? I know for a fact another OMA track was specifically told they were NOT allowed to do this with an event they wanted to run yet East fork can?

Of course we care, why in the hell would we even attempt to create an OMA if we didn't care. But the old idea of you can force them to race by closing everyone is more outdated than Knoxs ideas

Close, Bigger gates are great but that's not the end all be all. Longer moto's of course are critical to getting Ohio and other area riders ready to race on a national level, but even that's not everything. With a large number of tracks spread across a rather large state, it is just not practical to expect riders to drive 4+ hours for a local race. If it is a "large" event then sure, on occasion you can expect the masses to make the trip. But every week? never going to happen. If an argument can be made that there is a completely different crowd for a race vs. a practice within 30 miles, than there sure as heck an argument that there is a third crowd that don't give a crap about what card is used at signup or points for that given organization. Because there is an OMA race on a given day, I don't see tracks in CRA, Kentuckiana, Michigan, Penn or West By God Virginia closing up shop because of it. I have never been shy about my issues with the AMA but one thing I did like was the IDEA of the districts. Keep tracks with close proximity to each other in a group and make a schedule accordingly. We all know that they somehow screwed that up but nevertheless, the IDEA was good.
So The Fork tosses in a race on a weekend when WRMC, Skyline, Treaty City and Hoosier Hilltopers all have scheduled races. SO that gives me the option of a track I have not been to since 1981, a track I have never heard of, a s**t hole that is 30 min from my house, a track that is a 4 hour drive...or... a great track 90 min away. No brainer, We will go to the Fork.

So you dont see a problem with OMA tracks running on top of one another? Who cares how far, its a sanctioning body that is supposed to look out for one another. I dont care what other track in a different sanctioning body is running the same day, they can do what they want. It would be nice if they are in close proximity to coordinate but if not so be it, they arent part of the same group of tracks that are supposed to be.

So what happens when WRMC runs a race the same day as TV land or Malvern runs the same day as OIR or BC runs the same day RT62? Where is the cut off when its ok to run races the same day inside the sanctioning body of tracks? IMO its just wrong. If there is no unity what is the point? Track owners will get pissed (they already are but are too afraid to voice it). Its a lack of respect caused by the "ME" generation. I guess Im just old school when it comes to that stuff. I digress.

Of course we care, why in the hell would we even attempt to create an OMA if we didn't care. But the old idea of you can force them to race by closing everyone is more outdated than Knoxs ideas

2 races the same day has nothing to do with forcing them, you are giving them 2 OMA choices to race on the same day, one paying points and one not.

2 races the same day has nothing to do with forcing them, you are giving them 2 OMA choices to race on the same day, one paying points and one not.
Ok Hershey & John250 would it make you two feel better if East Fork would do a 2 day practice, people not chasing OMA or AMA points I would assume they would go race or practice at another track that is closer to them. There is a 4 hour difference between the two tracks I don't see the issue.

Last edited:
Practice is no issue, like JO and others have said....either you're a racer or you're a practicer. 2 different animals especially at that distance. And in all honesty it isnt whether or not any of us think its ok, its the other track you are running on top of.....or the other tracks in general in fear of the same thing happening to them some day.

I could care less if two OMA tracks are racing 2 local races 4 hours apart. Not an issue. I think they should set up a 100 or 150 mile radius deal. But what I would rather see, is if East Fork is going to race that it pay points for OMA. We don't have that many tracks in southern Ohio that are OMA, so I would like to see as many as possible racing and paying points. Guess I don't understand, if they were going to race, why not make it a OMA make up race from the one cancelled in April and make it a points paying OMA race.

I could care less if two OMA tracks are racing 2 local races 4 hours apart. Not an issue. I think they should set up a 100 or 150 mile radius deal. But what I would rather see, is if East Fork is going to race that it pay points for OMA. We don't have that many tracks in southern Ohio that are OMA, so I would like to see as many as possible racing and paying points. Guess I don't understand, if they were going to race, why not make it a OMA make up race from the one cancelled in April and make it a points paying OMA race.
Then there would be 2 OMA races the same day, that would be something else to complain about. The OMA schedule looks pretty full from here out from what I see

Back