Battle for Ohio 2016

John250

PR Founding Father
So the OMA Battle for Ohio State Championship series is two weeks away. Don't believe it has ever started this early in the season. Looking forward to the races being spread out a little this year. I have my hotel rooms booked and am ready for them (with the exception of nursing a hurt thumb). So who's in for all three races this year? Will they set new attendance records this year? Will there be more out of state fast guys showing up? CTMX going to offer free pro sign up to get 40 guys on that gate? What's everyone think?

Round One Malvern MX
May 28-29
Round Two Chilitown MX
July 16-17
Round Three Briarcliff MX
August 27-28

I am heading to the track this morning to start getting ready and will be there about everyday for the next two weeks. It seams like there is a mile long list of things that I want/need to get done. The biggest thing is to get a bunch of sand and topsoil worked into the entire track but especially the new areas. We do have a night race this Saturday so that will give us a chance to see how the new layout races and make some tweaks next week before the big race. If Mother Nature is on our side (she has to be sooner or later) I am looking for our biggest Battle turn out yet, especially with all the excitement about the track. Many contests/trivia, for practice and gate passes and other swag. Free promotional classes to be announced. This years Battle event T-shirts will be as popular as ever.

My son and I are panning on hitting all 3 rounds. Im excited to battle!

These races are fantastic for the same reason many of us travel, big gates and great battles. Even if they are for mid pack!!

Thank you to the OMA for giving us the Battle series and promoting it well!

My son and I are panning on hitting all 3 rounds.

Pan down Hershey.. ;)

Yeah, this season has started a little less than desirable for me. MX wise. Been having a blast with the boy.

Last season ended on a sour note, so guess is customary. Haven't been all that excited about MX lately, but the bug is starting to bug me. Ordered me a V-force intake for the Kayex 300 last week. Just got it today. Bought some other stuff about 2 or so months ago...

That said, it's not going to happen this weekend either. I am excited for the Battle Rounds though. If I could make only 3 races this year, I'd love to make at least those, but that's the issue...can't get into moto shape in just the practice day before the race no matter how much tennis you've been playing. Hell, my body needs at least a couple days to recover from the first ride of the season any more...and that's when I do not take a dirt sample or two...

Regardless, I'd like to think I'll be there, if anything to practice Saturday and watch Sunday. Liked Malvern last I went a couple Battle Races ago. Would be a good track to break in the season with. :)

See you there!...

P.S.- One and half feet in... ;)

Use hashtag: #IN4theBattle on Twitter and Instagram if you're IN for round 1 at Malvern Mx!!!
Scoob should exclusively use: #ProbablyNotButMaybeIN4theBattle

Is this a 3 moto format over 2 days? Or is it 2 stand alone days of racing action. MAN! I quit racing for a couple of years and now RACING is back on the map in OHIO! I wish I would of paid more attention to the local scene, but the local scene is where I got injured, and bitter at the same time. Point is, I'm back.....now if only 2 strokes would follow. Haha

Is this a 3 moto format over 2 days? Or is it 2 stand alone days of racing action. MAN! I quit racing for a couple of years and now RACING is back on the map in OHIO! I wish I would of paid more attention to the local scene, but the local scene is where I got injured, and bitter at the same time. Point is, I'm back.....now if only 2 strokes would follow. Haha

It is practice (bike/quad) 8am-2pm Saturday. Atv/Pw50 racing 4-8pm Saturday (2 moto). Bikes Sunday 9-4pm (2 moto). Saturday racing practice at 3pm, Sunday racing practice at 8am.

I tried 3 moto in 2013 during the epic 30% chance of rain pearl harboring we received on Saturday night. Regardless of the rain, I don't think 3 moto will work today. That's a regional next racing type of deal. If it ever gets to that level, I think we have to go Friday practice, then a split Saturday, quads in the morning, and start bikes in the afternoon, then finish up the bikes on Sunday.

I wish the BC round wasn't during the Ironman Pro weekend... Other than that, my drill weekends and concerts seem to be in the way for the other rounds :(

The 2 stroke gates are big at the battle races....

That would be nice! Thankfully the 4th is on Monday this year for RedBud. An extra day of recovery is always nice lol.

My son and I are panning on hitting all 3 rounds. Im excited to battle!

These races are fantastic for the same reason many of us travel, big gates and great battles. Even if they are for mid pack!!

Thank you to the OMA for giving us the Battle series and promoting it well!

Didn't you just go to Lazy River for the AC!

Looks like Jeff is in for at least one round .

image.jpeg

Back