Battle for Ohio 2016

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Does the deposit for transponder need to be on card or can I use cash? I thought there was a issue a few years back if I remember rite.

You don't do the deposit on the card, they just bill you for the transponder at a later time, if you don't return it. But I think it was a slightly higher fee at Chilli Town to cover the CC transaction fees if you use a debit. I think georgie and DHDS01 are correct on $5 more to use a CC. Or just bring another $120, no extra fee, and they refund a $100n upon return.

mxbigd17

PR Member
Transponders are required for all 3 Battle races

I remember back in the good ol days, scoring was part of your race registration fees. My of my how times have changed. Perfectly groomed tracks for little Johnnie and all his friends. Higher gate/race fees, now scoring fees. I better get back to work to pay for Sunday's race day. It sounds fun.

MalvernMX

Well don't think I'm making or saving any money by having E score come. I have the exact same staff costs AND $1000.00 out of pocket to have them come. But hey, it's the cool new thing. It has that big race feel that everybody rants and raves about. "Everyone wants to check there lap times per lap and see where they stack up with their buddy's and other classes".

Woody

PR Addict
The battle series has that national level feel and competition for half the cost. Yes it's more than your average local race but you get what you pay for. Just as nationals aren't for everyone, neither is the battle series. But attendance suggests this is for the masses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

mxbigd17

PR Member
A few questions for anyone who has used the transponders. Where and how does it mount? Do I need to put anything extra in the tool box to mount it? At the local go cart track, they use transponders where we get a print out and they email the race times to you with the other people in your race. Or is there a web page to look at the race and every other class, how does this all work?
Is it live timing and scoring, where my dad can watch his phone for live feed, like AMA live timing? Is there a temporary scoring tower for the day, 1-5 positions. Sorry, just trying to learn how much availabe technology is being used at the local level. If this is a new standard for a big race bonanza, I hope it's more than just a sheet with times on it, but more of a WOW factor involved as well. With Jeremy and crew reviving moto in Ohio and trying to make this a premiere Battle, I know you guys can do amazing things.

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Don't really know about the dirt scooters, but my guess is the fork leg. They have a plastic frame deal ( it houses the transponder) that gets zip tied to a quad frame, I think it could get zip tied to a fork leg too.

There should be a link on escoremx.com

Team MMR

PR Addict
They mount to fork tube, i would suggest some electrical tape under the zip ties just to help from sliding. But they should have live timing and also text alerts.

http://www.escoremx.com/battle-for-ohio-at-chillitown-info.html

http://www.escoremx.com/live-timing-events.html

maxresdefault.jpg

Alex186

PR Member
Remember AMA Members receive a discount on MyLaps transponders. By the time you rent a transponder three times for the battle events and hit a regional and some of the larger events, saving time and money to purchase one.

MYLAPS provides a 20 percent discount off MSRP or any current sales price on web-orders for all Motorized Products to AMA members. To receive the discount, enter code AMA-789HJK at checkout.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/x2-transponder-mx/1625

John250

PR Founding Father
but don't you have to purchase a yearly subscription on top of that?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I just want to say I'm so freaking excited that the battle series is here! Im feeling like a kid on Christmas today getting everything ready for tomorrow. Can't wait to get down there and do some racing. Hot, cold, rain, sleet, snow, or mud bog I'm voting for two motos either way!

Come on out and race!!!!! Damn it!

John250

PR Founding Father
track was a lot of fun today. I like it. But man, with the heat and sun....practice and racing tonight. Jason has a ton of work today.