Battle for Ohio 2016

Just glanced at the lap times out of curiosity and the B class must have been flying. 250 B riders were running the same pace as some of the 250 A class. I understand this is pretty common, but as far as the B class went, most of the lap times through the class were pretty close. 250 A looked like there was a bit more of a gap. Ashton hayes looks like he was doing work.
By the way, the escore is badass. We didn't have all this fancy stuff when I was racing. Pretty cool you can compare lap times and view a chart as well. Technology never ceases to amaze me.

Ive hit the same tree branches, watched Zach Rogers hit them, and plenty of others. But thats pretty impressive that Birdman on a quad was only 4 seconds off Ashton Hayes lap times and seemed to be more consistent based on lap times. Plus he wasnt even racing anyone so had noone to push him. Seems like i missed out on a awesome event but had to keep the family tradition alive for Memorial Day.

Ive hit the same tree branches, watched Zach Rogers hit them, and plenty of others. But thats pretty impressive that Birdman on a quad was only 4 seconds off Ashton Hayes lap times and seemed to be more consistent based on lap times. Plus he wasnt even racing anyone so had noone to push him. Seems like i missed out on a awesome event but had to keep the family tradition alive for Memorial Day.

Birdman was on the gas for sure. Sadly he was the only ATV A rider to race the event...

what's the difference in schoolboy 1 ATV and schoolboy 2 ATV?

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

what's the difference in schoolboy 1 ATV and schoolboy 2 ATV?

From the OMXA website...

ATV Schoolboy 1
  • Ages 8-15
  • 70/90/150 Shifter mods
  • No Auto or CVT ATVs

ATV Schoolboy 2
  • Ages 12-16
  • 200-350cc; 0-200c 2 stroke, 0-350cc 4 stroke
  • No Auto or CVT ATVs

The moto-1 start of the Open A (Pro Bike) class yesterday was intense. 34 racers, lot's of noise, dust and dirt, plenty of calamity.
And a Red flag for good measure. Three starts for the price of two.

Spectators couldn't ask for more. My wife, Daughter and Grandsons were like "WHOOOOOOO DID YOU SEE THAT !!!!" :cool:

The moto-1 start of the Open A (Pro Bike) class yesterday was intense. 34 racers, lot's of noise, dust and dirt, plenty of calamity.
And a Red flag for good measure. Three starts for the price of two.

Spectators couldn't ask for more. My wife, Daughter and Grandsons were like "WHOOOOOOO DID YOU SEE THAT !!!!" :cool:

I'm fairly certain you are talking about the Open A class from yday at KOC. I would have never thought that the biggest class would have been Open A, the C class has been dethroned. 250 A wasn't far behind with 25 entries though.

The boy looked good John. Little nitrofish rode great in the 65 class taking home a crown. Also props to Zach Rogers looked good in his A Class debut I believe?

I'm fairly certain you are talking about the Open A class from yday at KOC. I would have never thought that the biggest class would have been Open A, the C class has been dethroned. 250 A wasn't far behind with 25 entries though.

Yea, Sundays King Of The Cliff Battle race.
That was the most action packed, hard core motocross action we have seen in a long time.

I wish we could get to all of these OMA races. It was kick ass fun!

I just want to clarify that if your referring to the race this past weekend at Briarcliff, June 11&12, was a pro-am event, a separate race altogether from the Battle for Ohio race series. There race format used was what the OMA refers to as a "battle format." BC has their battle race later this year, 8/27 & 8/28. Just wanted to clear up some possible confusion, or maybe I made it worse? Who knows, I just know I never announced the race as a battle race lol.

No, you're correct, my mistake.
I had to look at the OMA schedule this morning to distinguish that they are actually two separate events. Shows you how close I follow the OMA stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Back