Wow

Meister

PR Founding Father
So. Skimming through some area qualifier results in various classes, I noticed a check mark next to a 28th place rider! What the hell's the point in even battling for an actual qualifying spot when they'll take your money and let you ride even if you get damn near last? Is it money driven? Or everyone gets s trophy kinda thing? I duno about you, but I wouldn't even send my money in if I didn't actually qualify.

Thats kinda our deal. 12th place. My question is how, is this rider even allowed to race at a Regional in 28th. Isn't it based on power ranking? I thought about sending our money in, but if anyone can just show up than really what's the point of even having a Area Qualifier?

For me it's about the race fun. I have made it to regionals for the fun of racing a full gate 3 Motos over two days to just ride and race. Finishing close to last but out there doing my personal best.
Someone has to be last. If a spot is available I will take it. The only way to win is to show up and ride!

Other riders didn't send in there invitations. So it's next man up.
The regionals are individual results from the area races not pooled together.
I would ask why did 20 riders pass on the reflgional from that area?

12th, ehh, I feel like that's "on the bubble" as to sending papers in. 28th at an area makes you an extra obstacle/hazard on the track at a regional for the deserving racers that legitimately qualified to race. Imagine the guy who got 28th at an area taking out a legit front runner heading to the ranch (as he's getting lapped probably).

I completely understand at the regional that someone has to get last. That's totally fine. But that person who gets last should be "qualified" for that position.

People have until the Sunday before the regional to be signed up. Wait until that date, and then take legit alternates money.. Instead, you take 30 extra riders cash for that particular class, then you get to qualify to qualify at a regional qualifier. Kinda makes me bitter. I know there's always been over loaded classes, but 28th at an area qualifier? Come on now. Get your participation trophy and move along.

Southeast is the only Region that the deadline has expired. Thats crazy that 20 other riders didn't wanna go.

I didn't mind being lapped by Pavolny and Grewe. No trophy either.
I've made it to a few regionals and had a blast. Hanging with friends and racing.
What gets me is people with the skill to run top 20 in a regional but don't have enough to finish up race 3 and leave early to go home. Only because they aren't moving on with a top 8.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

12th, ehh, I feel like that's "on the bubble" as to sending papers in. 28th at an area makes you an extra obstacle/hazard on the track at a regional for the deserving racers that legitimately qualified to race. Imagine the guy who got 28th at an area taking out a legit front runner heading to the ranch (as he's getting lapped probably).

I completely understand at the regional that someone has to get last. That's totally fine. But that person who gets last should be "qualified" for that position.

People have until the Sunday before the regional to be signed up. Wait until that date, and then take legit alternates money.. Instead, you take 30 extra riders cash for that particular class, then you get to qualify to qualify at a regional qualifier. Kinda makes me bitter. I know there's always been over loaded classes, but 28th at an area qualifier? Come on now. Get your participation trophy and move along.
On the bubble, I'd feel more comfortable in a 10th. I had a feeling we would be a Mid pack B rider, at the big races. Mid pack B rider at the big races, shows what we need to work on. But 28th, no way.

That's me you're talkin about. And I am not in a guaranteed regional spot I registered as an alternate. I probably won't even get to race but my dad gave me the option to sign up and said we could make a weekend out of it and support other local riders if I don't race. It's my last year really racing competitively and I wanted to race a regional before I head off to college.

So why not? $50 of my own money to pre register isn't that bad. I don't care if I finish dead last I'm just trying to have fun. On average (at least in the Northeast) less than 10 riders sign up for the regional. A buddy of mine finished 16th out of 25 at the High Point qualifier and raced Unadilla cause only 4 other riders signed up for the regional. But I just wanted to make it clear I'm almost positive I'm not in a guaranteed spot unless I read the alternate info wrong.

At last years Northeast regional at Unadilla two kids in 46th and 47th out of 55 signed up for Lorettas. Did they race? No.

Just my two cents. Rip on me all you want I'm just a kid trying to take advantage of an opportunity.

That's me you're talkin about. And I am not in a guaranteed regional spot I registered as an alternate. I probably won't even get to race but my dad gave me the option to sign up and said we could make a weekend out of it and support other local riders if I don't race. It's my last year really racing competitively and I wanted to race a regional before I head off to college.

So why not? $50 of my own money to pre register isn't that bad. I don't care if I finish dead last I'm just trying to have fun. On average (at least in the Northeast) less than 10 riders sign up for the regional. A buddy of mine finished 16th out of 25 at the High Point qualifier and raced Unadilla cause only 4 other riders signed up for the regional. But I just wanted to make it clear I'm almost positive I'm not in a guaranteed spot unless I read the alternate info wrong.

At last years Northeast regional at Unadilla two kids in 46th and 47th out of 55 signed up for Lorettas. Did they race? No.

Just my two cents. Rip on me all you want I'm just a kid trying to take advantage of an opportunity.

I hope you make it. It's a blast at a regional.
Lady Luck just may be on your side.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Not ripping on anyone, just not understanding the take on the AMA. So what happens? Do you drive there to race and find out at registration that you can't, just curious.

That's how it works for Lorettas I believe... in my honest opinion I believe the alternate/power ranking system is messed up.

I'm not sure if I'll get my money back if I don't race but I do know that regional registration takes up to 60 riders (at least for C class)

I'm attending the regional regardless because one of my buddies qualified in a guaranteed spot, so if I don't race I get to be his mechanic for the weekend, so it's a win win for me.

Let me make this clear, in no way shape or form was this a personal dig on any rider. It was meant to be a dig on MX sports for diminishing the significance of actually earning a legitimate qualifying spot.

They took your money, they'll surely let you and 20 other non guaranteed riders line up to qualify at the qualifier and while they're at it, they'll take your practice money too. So you'll get some regional track time, which is totally cool in your situation. However, my thoughts about MX sports still remain the same.

So. Skimming through some area qualifier results in various classes, I noticed a check mark next to a 28th place rider! What the hell's the point in even battling for an actual qualifying spot when they'll take your money and let you ride even if you get damn near last? Is it money driven? Or everyone gets s trophy kinda thing? I duno about you, but I wouldn't even send my money in if I didn't actually qualify.
Remember when you actually had to qualify at a qualifier? And you didn't have to qualify at the regional just to get the chance to race... Yeah those old days sure did suck.
And all the riders driving all over so they have a second and third chance to make it. That's nuts. If you are not good enough to make it in your HOME region. Then you are not good enough to go. Stay home, practice and get better. Maybe you will make it next year. Or hey, there is always tennis.
But yes of course it is all about $$$$. MX sports has to laugh every time they get a check from 15th on back.

Let me make this clear, in no way shape or form was this a personal dig on any rider. It was meant to be a dig on MX sports for diminishing the significance of actually earning a legitimate qualifying spot.

They took your money, they'll surely let you and 20 other non guaranteed riders line up to qualify at the qualifier and while they're at it, they'll take your practice money too. So you'll get some regional track time, which is totally cool in your situation. However, my thoughts about MX sports still remain the same.
Sorry for sounding butthurt about it. I totally misunderstood where you were going with the thread. Thank you for clearing that up.

I do agree with you regarding the fact that it's a little ridiculous how mx sports handles who can race and who can't (at least for the regional).

Back