62 vintage race

In the future regional races should be 1 day events.but for now I would run mini classes if any show up, would also run 16-29,+30,+40,+50 modern classes.Maybe on Saturday run a open Pv open class,that would get guys on track that don't ride vintage bikes. On Sunday would run these same classes plus a 1985-1989,and a 1990-1999 class. There is a National that same weekend that I should go to,but Ohio guys if we want future regional races in Ohio we need to support them! Guys most vintage riders have multiple bikes, so guys here is the challenge find someone that has never rode a vintage race and let them ride a bike ! I have did this several times and some guys will stick with it and some don't you never know.
What ever you intent to do announce it NOW, we all have to make plans ASAP

Any Updates?

One week away, and it's a little too quiet if we want this to be well attended and a success.
I'm cramming to get my bikes ready to race and looking forward to the event.

If we have some Bomber, Decade Class, Modern class and mini class's we have a fair chance of pulling in some non-vintage racers as well for a good turnout.

Last edited:
I'm cramming to get my bikes ready to race and looking forward to the event.

Just do what I did last week. If it starts, take it with you. Seems I'm down to just two now so no decisions required.

But it would be good to have some more information on the support classes. I'm pulling for age group and decade classes.

Just do what I did last week. If it starts, take it with you. Seems I'm down to just two now so no decisions required.

But it would be good to have some more information on the support classes. I'm pulling for age group and decade classes.
I need HELP with classes!! I know absolutely nothing about vintage racing. Make a list of classes please. No idea of what your talking about with age? Decade? Spell it out what classes we need to have! I want this to be successful so just tell us what riders want. These are some ideas I had for support classes

50 shaft
50 jr 4-6
50 Sr 7-8
50 open
65 jr 7-9
65 Sr 10-11
65 open
85 9-11
85 12-15
85 open

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

c3bcf05867e253d42b6bd4ad49c1ed09.jpg

Decade class - bike at least 10 years old so 2006 and older. No problem with mini classes if they show up run them. Modern support classes 16-29,+30,+40,+50 You need these guys,depending on turnout you can combine these groups together.I don't know if you need to separate A,B,C ?? I'm not into these bikes! You can combine vintage classes together too, maybe several classes with 1-2 riders,if you need I can help with schedule and of which classes to run together.

Last edited:
Vintage guys what do you think about a Pv open class on Saturday? Will Pv guys that don't race vintage show up to ride? Thoughts??

Vintage guys role call who's in? I am, with a good possibility of my brother and nephew [ providing his baseball team doesn't find a tournament next weekend] and KR if he gets back from GNCC. Possibly DS too

Decade class - bike at least 10 years old so 2006 and older. No problem with mini classes if they show up run them. Modern support classes 16-29,+30,+40,+50 You need these guys,depending on turnout you can combine these groups together.I don't know if you need to separate A,B,C ?? I'm not into these bikes! You can combine vintage classes together too, maybe several classes with 1-2 riders,if you need I can help with schedule and of which classes to run together.
Your hired!

I need HELP with classes!! I know absolutely nothing about vintage racing. Make a list of classes please.

Don't worry Lonnie, it's simpler than it sounds.

The AHRMA list that I posted earlier, and the Regional sheet that you posted both show what is the norm at AHRMA events as far as actual Vintage, and Post Vintage machine class's are concerned.
There will be some class's that are listed that you won't get any entries for, which will simplify your final race orders for the day.

Then for class's, here's what's been discussed:

SATURDAY (VINTAGE DAY)
1)... All the normal AHRMA vintage class's.
2)... A Post-Vintage-Open class.
3)... 50cc bikes and possibly Mini's run on the Vintage track layout. (make all the little class sizes available and just see what we get)
4)... Modern Class's options ( best scenario is probably Open-age/Vet class's: 16-29 yrs old, 30+, 40+ and 50+ )
5)... End of day... Open Practice

SUNDAY (POST VINTAGE DAY)
1)... All the normal AHRMA PV class's.
2)... 50cc and Mini's... run on the Post Vintage track layout. (make all the little class sizes available and just see what we get)
3)... Bomber 1985-1989 machines....125cc
4)... Bomber 1985-1989 machines....250cc and up.
5)... Non Current 1990-1999 machines...125cc
6)... Non Current 1990-1999 machines... 250cc and up.
7)... Decade Class machines (10 year old bikes, 2006 and older, all displacements combined)
8)... Modern Class's options ( best scenario is probably Open-age/Vet class's: 16-29 yrs old, 30+, 40+ and 50+ )
9)... End of day open practice

Guys.... does this look or sound pretty close for a starting point ?

And Rt62 just posted an OPEN PRACTICE for this Sunday, so here's the opportunity for a shake down or track warm up.

I'm not sure that I can make it, we have two Little League games tomorrow, and I need Sunday to work on my bikes to be ready for next weekend.

Vintage guys role call who's in? I am, with a good possibility of my brother and nephew [ providing his baseball team doesn't find a tournament next weekend] and KR if he gets back from GNCC. Possibly DS too

I've learned to be cautious in Pitracer race roll call. Typically pretty unreliable. Many of those that say they will don't, and then sometimes many, many show up that never said a thing.
My hope and thinking is that if we just keep the noise flowing here we'll attract the tribes.

And Rt62 just posted an OPEN PRACTICE for this Sunday, so here's the opportunity for a shake down or track warm up.

I'm not sure that I can make it, we have two Little League games tomorrow, and I need Sunday to work on my bikes to be ready for next weekend.
We will do a Wednesday practice next week also

Curious, does AHRMA mandate that these regional events have to be run over two days? I know it's too late to change, but I'd agree that with vintage and post vintage turnouts, it sure would seem to make sense to have it condensed down into 1 day and have a lot of combined classes on each gate rather than spreading it thin across two days. I'm looking forward to it and thanks Lonnie for giving the vintage thing a try.

Curious, does AHRMA mandate that these regional events have to be run over two days? I know it's too late to change, but I'd agree that with vintage and post vintage turnouts, it sure would seem to make sense to have it condensed down into 1 day and have a lot of combined classes on each gate rather than spreading it thin across two days. I'm looking forward to it and thanks Lonnie for giving the vintage thing a try.
Not really, the regions have a lot of autonomy to set up events that work best for them. The Mid Atlantic region that Fred Guidi runs holds one day events primarily on Saturdays. I think that next year this region will have a better idea of what is best and schedule accordingly.

Next year we need to make sure there are no conflicts with AHRMA national events, there are two this year and that certainly hurts potential turnout.

I tried to get in condensed into 1 day but wasn't able to this year. Will just have to make the best of it this year for both our arhma races and improve on it next year

It's interesting that Fred does that. I talked to Dave W and he said AHRMA specifically told him he could not make them one day events? I'm good with practice on Saturday though! Lonnie are you open on Wednesday night for practice?

It's interesting that Fred does that. I talked to Dave W and he said AHRMA specifically told him he could not make them one day events? I'm good with practice on Saturday though! Lonnie are you open on Wednesday night for practice?
North Atlantic region runs 1 day with masters mx, been to several of them!
Not really, the regions have a lot of autonomy to set up events that work best for them. The Mid Atlantic region that Fred Guidi runs holds one day events primarily on Saturdays. I think that next year this region will have a better idea of what is best and schedule accordingly.

Next year we need to make sure there are no conflicts with AHRMA national events, there are two this year and that certainly hurts potential turnout.
Yes need to work on schedule with nationals, but Old Appleton only has 37 pre entries and 95 degrees Sunday! Looks like a good day to go to Rt 62!

Back