Big Decisions to Be Made at Malvern

MalvernMX

PR Addict
So I have decided that I need to address this because the rumor mill has already started. I would rather just put it out there so everyone knows what's going on rather than have a bunch of variations of the truth floating around. I have an offer on the table from a company that is interested in the facility, but not for motocross.
While it is a pretty fair offer, it is not a no brainier kind of offer. Fortunately this decision will not effect the rest of the scheduled season. Thier intentions for the property would begin next year. As much as they would like an answer ASAP this is no little decision and it's not as if I had it listed for sale. Having said that they are willing to give me some time and don't need a definite answer till fall.
As far as the OMA goes, regardless of what happens with Malvern, Tina and I will remain involved with the OMA. Also we would still be running our faircross series.

As long as the Rogers family is still involved in Moto and we get to see you at other venues we support you in any way. Obviously we would be saddened to not have Malvern as a part of our lives but it is the Rogers family that made it special to us. See ya tomorrow!

I've never been to the facility, but its on the list. Ultimately you have to do what is best for your family and the only people that know what that may be is your family. Best of luck with your decision.

The amount of money it would take to get Senic back in shape would be ridiculous. There are wash outs there that you would loose a truck in. Jeremy and I looked at it a few years ago. Somewhere in the $100,000.00 range to get all the "good" dirt back up on the track. Then you would have to plan on continuously working to bring it back up after every few big rains. Just not feasible. Then there is the driveway to battle. That place is a lost cause.

My son has been racing Malvern since 2009. We have met a lot of good people and watched your riders grow up through the classes. Hate to see it go but in my eyes family is always 1st! With that being said I will miss coming to the track of it's sold. What about Broken Spokes?

I started racing there before Jeff Sanders owned it. Really enjoyed racing there. Tough decision I am sure.

My son and I would hate to see Malvern go,not to mention a lot of other people I know. Your track is in the middle travel wise so if people only have a few hours to catch some practice where do you go....to the Vern of coarse. If you need to sell for family reasons at least try to find someone that wants to keep it going not destroy it. Just sayin

Reactions: DTS
My stomach sank when Courtney read this to me earlier.

Joe, while DW was sweet, it's too far out there for alot of us..

Plus, there's no place like home.

This is craziness. Malvern closing.. I never thought I'd see the day. In the end you have to do what's best for you. I've been racing and riding at malvern since 05. 11 years of fun and learing out there. All good things come to and end. You guys have done an outstanding job with the facility and brought it back from where it was. Hats off to you for putting in the work, starting an organization that has become new standard, and giving us a great few places to ride.
No matter what your decision is, remember you guys made an impact on the moto community with your passion for the sport. In my years of riding and racing malvern, since the rogers family took over I've seen more changes and progression than any other owner. I remember going there when I was 8 or 9 years old with my dad watching the races. Hell, that was 1998.
If it is coming to an end, thank you for all you guys have done.

Oh, and if it's not being used for motocross purposes, what will it be used for? Just curious.

I love racing malvern a couple times a year. But I would never hold it against anyone for making a good decision on their families financial future.

Everything is for sale for the right price. Best of luck in your decision Jason.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

To early to fan the flame of the third battle race for next year? Hahahaha
Best of luck Jason. Once a racer, always a racer

While it is a pretty fair offer, it is not a no brainier kind of offer.
pb27baO.jpg

Malvern has been our go-to track since we started racing. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I guess it boils down to what you believe the future of MX is in Ohio. If you can keep the gates full i would think there is $$ to be made. If not, well......

Back