Dirt Country this weekend

Mike

PR Addict
They did a fantastic track prep job for the AHRMA race earlier this year, nice dirt, good people. I'm sure everyone will have a great day......

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I'm sure they would let you take your checkbook down there and buy them out... Then you could do things your way. But I'm sure you feel better about yourself now that you've spread a lil negativity by pounding that keyboard Have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

There's going to be better places for sale in the near future.

The numbers back both of my sentences. Shannon was DC and loved MX. He loved it so much that he would personally call people to tell them he was going to be open. The track/facility has suffered since his passing.

Dano762

PR Addict
Help me understand the objective here, I must be missing something with all the "constructive criticism" PitRacer offers.

Is it to tell everyone thinking about heading to Dirt Country to stay the hell away and don't waste your time?

I guess that is a strategy so when the place shuts down it will give us a new post on PitRacer that yet another track is lost in Ohio.

Or it could be a strategy so there can be a Monday post about the low racer turnout at Dirt Country.

Or it could be a strategy to encourage Dirt Country to make improvements? I wonder how chasing away racers, entry fees, and gate fees will help a track invest in making things better.

I appreciate Dirt Country and the opportunity to ride close to Cincinnati. Thank you.

Mike

PR Addict
Place is a s**t hole. Track died when Shannon died.
I guess a guy who chooses the name WEASEL says it all, AS^HOLE must have been taken.

Maybe you could tell us about your last race at DC, what the specific improvements you would suggest etc., otherwise go back to your mothers basement and keep typing with one hand.

hershey

PR Elite
Place is a s**t hole. Track died when Shannon died.

Nice constructive criticism. See, thats the type of thing that gives this site a bad name. When track owners see that it gives them reason not to post here. Maybe you dont care for the place but statements like that can help close a place down, is that what you are after?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
As a dirt country lifer, I can tell you without a doubt, the dirt is better now then it EVER has been. The race day prep is a million times better then anytime in the past. They rip it deep and do a pretty good job with watering. The raceday program runs smooth and quick and you are out and on your way home early.
Of course there are changes that need to be done, like a new gate and something to slow the speed down. Coming from the MOST negative person in the history of moto, I enjoy going to DC.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Nice constructive criticism. See, thats the type of thing that gives this site a bad name. When track owners see that it gives them reason not to post here. Maybe you dont care for the place but statements like that can help close a place down, is that what you are after?

I am pretty sure your whiny ass rant about Dungey on 12 different websites did a lot of good.

Good or bad it’s my opinion and this is a public forum. Maybe my attitude is poor but there is 3-4 tracks currently in Ohio that are 1-2 years from folding or stopping their mx efforts. What pisses me off is 2 of these places use to be top tracks and now they can’t figure out why no one shows up. It’s not rocket science to figure out the fix if you once had a great track with great turnouts.

If my comment deterred anyone from wasting their money at a poorly run track I am ok with that.
Go spend your money at Briarcliff, Malvern, Rte 62, Fast Traxx, Cocr is trying, Trevor Vines place, High Point, Red Bud , Baja Acres, Beans..

Track prep was horrible, dusty first moto out

Track is 6-7ft wide everywhere

Jumps are unsafe

I’m pretty sure there is a video of rider hitting his helmet on low hanging wire

I was screwed out of $150 of contingency because they used the wrong wording for the classes.
My opinion was based off going there in 14-15, maybe things are better now.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Little reference to the old days at DC...
upload_2016-6-24_9-38-20.png

upload_2016-6-24_9-39-16.png

upload_2016-6-24_9-42-8.png

What track prep looks better to you?

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Big difference is the top 2 pics the parking lots were full.
Third pic is clearly first thing in the morning with a very low turnout.

Chris can you tell me why people showed up to DC in 90's early 2000's ?

I'm pretty sure I'm hidden somewhere in that second pic.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Big difference is the top 2 pics the parking lots were full.
Third pic is clearly first thing in the morning with a very low turnout.

Chris can you tell me why people showed up to DC in 90's early 2000's ?

I'm pretty sure I'm hidden somewhere in that second pic.
Location, location, location. No matter how good or bad the track is, Dirt Country is all about location. Being right between Cincinnati and Dayton and pretty close to Columbus there are A LOT of racers in that area and few options to race at.
DC still gets a damn good turnout. In 2015 they averaged 192 per race and 2014 it 219 per race.
Yes, back in the 80's they would get close to 400 on some weekends. But other races they would barely get over 100.
btw, the top picture is from 1981 Mini Jr class. Me, Mike Palmer, Mark Gibson, Chuck Reed, Brad Welsh, Chad Walker are all in there.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Cocr is trying,

Not trying too hard.
They dropped a GP race date in their schedule after a great track right down the road already had their GP race schedule posted for the same day.

Last weekend they ran an open practice on Saturday, and races on Sunday, but avoided using the most valuable tool available to all tracks in Ohio, (Pitracer), to promote it.

I love COCR, but am very sad over how poorly they are doing.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Not trying too hard.
They dropped a GP race date in their schedule after a great track right down the road already had their GP race schedule posted for the same day.

Last weekend they ran an open practice on Saturday, and races on Sunday, but avoided using the most valuable tool available to all tracks in Ohio, (Pitracer), to promote it.

I love COCR, but am very sad over how poorly they are doing.
I brought that up on their FB page and during their meeting this past Tuesday.