Dirt Country this weekend

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I see what you’re doing here.. It’s not about the trophy , it’s about having a chance. Almost every organization has 25+ and 30+ B/C and 25+/30+ A with payback.

So you are telling me you wouldn’t have more fun if you had a chance to run up front?
Everyone has a chance to be up front, everyone lines up together.

Jeff Allessi asks if we pay 25+ everytime

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
I see what you’re doing here.. It’s not about the trophy , it’s about having a chance. Almost every organization has 25+ and 30+ B/C and 25+/30+ A with payback.

So you are telling me you wouldn’t have more fun if you had a chance to run up front?

Sure, I do but honestly some of the stand out races of mine were at regionals battling for 12th place or worse. The battle is fun, the trophy is bragging rights. Normally at local OMA stuff Im battling in the top 5 in plus 30 or 40 and I am a 48 year old B rider. I dont think you have to worry too much on a regular basis about impressing your girl friend with a plastic glory rod. You and your friends will be fine. Plus that many more on the gate will make the race battles even better! Try it out at the Battle For Ohio round at Chillitown in a few weeks. If you dont have fun look me up and I will refund your gate fee. Thats a promise. #01 David Smith

John250

PR Founding Father
So you won't run 25+ or 30+ because you don't have a chance to run up front? That's crazy. line up and race. And if you have to race your ass off to end up 5th, you should be happy with your performance more so than being fast enough to go to Loretta Lynns and finish at the front of 30+ B.....you should on the local level if you made lorrettas. At 46 years old, I race guys like Pape, who also rode open A at BC....I did not stay home because I knew I could not compete with Jeff. Jeff knew at his age he was out gunned by guys half his age, but he still lined up in the A class to race.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

ck1racerx

PR Addict
we have 4+ months off due to cold. I am not going to miss something because of heat. Yes, it was hot yesterday but DC has plenty of parking back in the trees. That is where we parked and my fat arse did not melt. Plus I evened out the farmers tan.

hershey

PR Elite
we have 4+ months off due to cold. I am not going to miss something because of heat. Yes, it was hot yesterday but DC has plenty of parking back in the trees. That is where we parked and my fat arse did not melt. Plus I evened out the farmers tan.

Fat and even out a farmers tan is the same post....not a good combo

hershey

PR Elite
I am working on the first one. Had the balloon put in my stomach on June 10th. Already lost 24 lbs. Goal weight is 210. As soon as I hit 230 I am buying a bike. 40+ boys, consider yourselves forewarned.

Great to hear!!! Cant wait to get roosted on by another ex-pro. Honestly, I am excited for you. Plus I know my boy loves riding even more when Im riding too, even just racing with him gets him more pumped than when Im not racing. Your boy will love it!

The real question is 4 stk or 2 stk ?? Lol

John250

PR Founding Father
yeah Blair always talks about being over weight and out of shape too....but seems to still go fast. Once fast, usually always fast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Great to hear!!! Cant wait to get roosted on by another ex-pro. Honestly, I am excited for you. Plus I know my boy loves riding even more when Im riding too, even just racing with him gets him more pumped than when Im not racing. Your boy will love it!

The real question is 4 stk or 2 stk ?? Lol
500 or nothing. I'm bringing it back

hershey

PR Elite
A notable quote !

I think people forget that part. Like this past weekend, I raced the night race at malvern but missed my first +40 moto because I was fixing my sons bike. I went out for my other moto and had a great time, no trophy involved. I have a massive pile of trophies at home that dont bring me much if any enjoyment. Sure some look really cool and I can brag about how well Ive done over the years but its the memories of the great racing battles that really make me happy. And even better sometimes are the memories of the great times with great friends at the track or riding areas. The trophies or winning arent the first thing that come to mind from my past riding experiences.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I think people forget that part. Like this past weekend, I raced the night race at malvern but missed my first +40 moto because I was fixing my sons bike. I went out for my other moto and had a great time, no trophy involved. I have a massive pile of trophies at home that dont bring me much if any enjoyment. Sure some look really cool and I can brag about how well Ive done over the years but its the memories of the great racing battles that really make me happy. And even better sometimes are the memories of the great times with great friends at the track or riding areas. The trophies or winning arent the first thing that come to mind from my past riding experiences.

People do it for different reason..
Let me ask you this ... If JO(those initials are fitting for him) offered a 30+ b/C would you sign up for it ?

ktrop251

PR Member
That's exactly how I feel about it. My favorite part about racing was the battle. I would race oir with a full gate 42 riders 4th gear wide open. I was on a 125 against a bunch of 250fs. Obviously I wasn't pulling holeshots, but I had killer battled with my friends. It's about having fun.. the trophies and awards all run together. I can't remember what came from where in my collection. Jesus, it's a piece of f*****g plastic. Maybe 2 or 3 peices. Come on. Quit worrying about winning every moto and remember the reason most of us started riding in jeans, work boots, and a t shirt in a field. It was FUN. None of us are the next GOAT. Hell, most of us won't even be remembered by the new guys coming up. So who the hell cares if Johnny is an A rider and I'm only a B rider, it's unfair. Was it unfair when you were a B rider in school boy against some kid that was barely a C rider just starting racing. You smoked his ass and thought you were a champion. My how the tables turn. Better bring the straws so you can all suck it the f**k up.
Again, not trying to offend anyone, we are all here for one reason. I don't even race anymore because it wasn't fun for me after a while. I'll be old and be a practice privateer. You guys handle the racing. I just know, you can't have a 40 classes to please everyone.

hershey

PR Elite
People do it for different reason..
Let me ask you this ... If JO(those initials are fitting for him) offered a 30+ b/C would you sign up for it ?

Of course I would, Im a B rider, I cant sign up for A class because then I would have to for large AMA races like the battle series. But how many 30A riders will you get to justify a gate for them? 2 or 3 normally? They have the split perfect right now for the crowd, Vet 30 , 40 and 50 and a Vet C class. That split gives entry level riders a chance to race without feeling in the way of fast guys.

I literally have hundreds of trophies at home. Like I said, come to Chillitown for the Battle race. If you dont have fun I will pay your gate fee AND give you a really cool First place trophy from Chillitown from my collection. You have to be honest, no lying about it either.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
We are not going back to 30A, I'm not saying we are going to 30 B/C, but IF we did, it would replace 30C. SO IF we were to have a 30 B/C, we would more than likely still have a 30+.......It just doesn't make sense.