CTMX Battle for Ohio Round 2 July 15th-17th

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Shirts, lady tanks and trophies are here!

2016 Battle For Ohio Proof.jpg
BATTLE EVENT SHIRT-2.jpg
Battle Shirt Design.jpg
IMG_5203.jpg

MikeB21

PR Addict
I Pre-registered and I'm not going to be able too make it down this weekend...So I was wondering if it was possible to get a refund or a rain check for the next race.

Vet261

PR Addict
Fun time, nice job as always. Everything always looks brand new every race and I know that comes from a lot of hard work behind the scenes.

Place was packed as usual. Hot sunny days. Track changes worked out well, those turns by the start that previously were goofy with the inside humps now had 3-5 berms in them. The section with the new tunnel was intense. At least five berms to choose from right into the steep tunnel. I thought that was cool even though I felt like a kayaker with the amount of paddling I was doing there.

I do have to say one thing though --- why no watering? The dust got really bad both sets of motos. I know it's a double-edged sword of watering during motos and making it slick, but I think most people understand you have to do that on hot sunny days like we had. Wet slick with vision is better than dust slick with no vision, plus it was getting tough to spectate.

Thanks again for all the hard work, see you at the Halloween race!

215 on a KTM got hurt bad in +40 moto1, hope he is OK!

I'm still in awe every time I go there with the pits. It's SOOOOOO nice with everyone having water and electric, no generator noise. People were bringing small swimming pools and setting them up, and even blow up kids water park slides! Even if I'm not riding/racing I think I will attend these events just for the camping!

Last edited:

MX099

PR Addict
If $20 is gonna hold you back from one of the best races in Ohio, at the best facility in Ohio, in the sport of motocross which is not cheap any way that you look at it, then maybe you should take up another hobby. This is not a race, THIS IS A EVENT! The CTMX crew is far superior to anyone else when it comes to drawing people to their place, constantly giving out free passes and free classes. Bringing in sponsors and drawing big crowds.

This is the one event that i think no matter what it cost people would still go just because how much stuff is going on and how its ran. I mean heck walk over to the Custom Powersports Rig and you could prolly get enough swag to make up for that $20 and like Georgie said they usually have free pizza.

Now here is another one all for the extra money out of our pockets for the so called event. But I get the feeling from looking at your post on how was the pro class, that like George who is also all for the transponder and wasn't there. That you weren't at the event either. Maybe next year you should lobby for a pressure washer tax in the pits. After all it is an event and why not pay a few more bucks for a clean bike. What's a fare tax? What about $10 and don't forget to add $5 if I pay with a credit card.
I had a good time but it's not Loretta's or Mini-O's so I'm sure we could do with out the transponders. Also the gate fee seems to be creeping up a little isnt it? And I'm not complaining about camping $30 is fare.
Area 51 Can-Am is an event! Less money, more track time, and swag is being given back to the riders. Not left over crap but true prizes ( tires, goggles, gear, backpacks, loading ramps, stands.)
Please don't continue to over price a fun weekend.

pape718

PR Member
Now here is another one all for the extra money out of our pockets for the so called event. But I get the feeling from looking at your post on how was the pro class, that like George who is also all for the transponder and wasn't there. That you weren't at the event either. Maybe next year you should lobby for a pressure washer tax in the pits. After all it is an event and why not pay a few more bucks for a clean bike. What's a fare tax? What about $10 and don't forget to add $5 if I pay with a credit card.
I had a good time but it's not Loretta's or Mini-O's so I'm sure we could do with out the transponders. Also the gate fee seems to be creeping up a little isnt it? And I'm not complaining about camping $30 is fare.
Area 51 Can-Am is an event! Less money, more track time, and swag is being given back to the riders. Not left over crap but true prizes ( tires, goggles, gear, backpacks, loading ramps, stands.)
Please don't continue to over price a fun weekend.
I have to agree I added up with the boss, me, and 2 kids I had $365 dollars in gate fees, transponders, practice, race fees. I dont have a problem paying the normal fees and even the hook up fees its just all the extra transponders, why gate fee was $20 a person on Saturday but $15 for Sunday so really practice was $30 a session not $25, and the transponder people wouldnt let you use your credit card for the deposit and pay cash for the rental you had to either give them all cash which was $240 for my son and me or your use your credit card for all of it and then get charge $5 more a transponder. I goto alot of the loretta lynn events and they always allow you to uae credit card for deposit and pay cash for rental. If my son wasnt with me I would have been gone and said screw the race. Dont take me wrong it was a great race but still came home with same pieces of plastic as a local race. You guys want to know why attendance is going down just keep nickel and dime the racer. I dont know how you do it with your 8 kids.

Last edited:

MX099

PR Addict
21 gate drops. Only 16 of them were over 1/2 full (20+). Two of those classes were free sign up.
I came from PA so this is not a local race for me. I hold a OMXA, CRA, PAMX, AMA, and WNYR cards so I'm not Cheapie McCheaperson.
I did enjoy myself! But for me to come back, and to put 40 riders on each gate I think it might be time to take a look at the costs. And if it can't be done for less money so be it.
You will always have you core group of riders that say transponders rule, but don't show up.

nitrofish

PR Addict
My simple thoughts. The pricing isn't something to complain about for my family. We are never going to mini Os, Lorettas or any of the such. So the Battle Rounds are the biggest races we attend. The pricing was not much more for our family of 3. $150 bucks for Arriving Saturday, 1 practice class, Pitbike race, 2 Sunday racing classes and transponder. Our biggest expense was our hotel, which is a luxury for the kid and make it a mini vacation. Thank you Chillitown and OMA for the Battles.

Now for my good and constructive criticism:
The grounds are phenomenal with the amenities. I did not race, the track feed back is straight from the kid. He enjoyed the track, I still never got it out of him as to whether he liked last year's layout or this year's better. His favorite part was the split rythem section to the finish and the high speed rollers after the start. We were 4 and 13th Moto so no complaints about mud nor dust for us. Track seemed really passable, safe and fun. As a parent I do not like the vision nor the fact I miss almost a lap running from the gate to the middle to watch the remainder of the race. The flagger on the downhill triple killed us a few times in our motos, he would waive the yellow so the boy would roll the takeoff, yet the rider would be down 75 yards down track in the left hander. He could not tell if the rider was down in the double or the bottom like he had seen before. He was a bit pissed. Otherwise great job by the track peeps. He ate it pretty hard on another section, the flagger was right there for him and actually started his bike after he kicked a while. Thank you! We didn't get the big event feel this time to be honest, not much going on Sunday like in years past. We missed the plinko game for the kids this year, 20 bucks for a try? I didn't look maybe it was going for a great cause. I just know he has not taken off his winning hat from last year's game. No basketball free throw game. Not a big deal, it's a motocross race, we are here to compete not play games. We did drag a non Moto family all the way down though for the event feeling that they didn't feel. Misting area was sweet! The announcing was sub standard at best. We never knew what practice/Moto was on the track by the announcing. Sound system is great, loved the National Anthem going into the rock music for the start. I personally would love to have a quick prayer before our Anthem, just a short keep us all safe deal, no need for politics. Overall we had a great time and we really appreciate it from all including the fellow racers and families that we continue to meet. Thank you Chillians for giving us a place to play. Matt, Jess and Jack.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I'll make sure I'm at e wey e want whrn
21 gate drops. Only 16 of them were over 1/2 full (20+). Two of those classes were free sign up.
I came from PA so this is not a local race for me. I hold a OMXA, CRA, PAMX, AMA, and WNYR cards so I'm not Cheapie McCheaperson.
I did enjoy myself

You will always have you core group of riders that say transponders rule, but don't show up.
Mx099. I have to laugh. The transponders didn't stop my dad and brother from attending. Unforeseen circumstances stopped me. I've hit 5 out of the last 6 battle rounds. Twice left with injury. Once my dad. Once myself. Actually twice myself. Broken Foot and collarbone. Nevertheless....

Apparently if they cut the transponders for vet riders (less vet261) then everyone would be happy.

Hell the only thing that has got me back to racing is the battle series. So when I have to miss them it isn't because of transponder fees.

The state of moto sucks. Again you got guys 30 years old plus cleaning house in the 125 class. That never would of happened in 2001. I'm not saying those older guys suck. I'm saying the youth speed locally isn't there like it was in the past.(IN OHIO ITS NOT HERE)

I'll beat the drum for transponders all day because I've paid the damn fee 5 times in thepast two years. But I refuse to race local events.I'd rather work the gate, or flag and practice 3 times a week. I'm not spending $75 to race 3 classes, and have a collective 8 rider turnout between those classes. I'll take my money to practice tracks. BUT! BUT! If a local series like the battle rounds can guarantee more than 5-8 on the gate with some competitive riders then I'll pay the extra fees. The money im saving not racing locally will make up for the extra fees.

Of course that's personal. For those that still race locally week in and week out, well gotta keep paying to play right ?

tank166

PR Addict
Attended my first race at chillitown and must say that they do have the best parking/pit area i've ever seen. They do tons of things right and it shows.
Saturdays practice was a little disappointing with only 3 practices and like 12 groups but the track prep Saturday was great.
Sunday I had bad luck and ending up being moto 20. Which resulted in some of the worst dust I have ever raced in. I know the day was running long as it was which is why they probably didn't water more. I left before second moto because I didn't want to sit and wait til 530 to ride around in blinding dust.
Overall I can see why people like the place but it just isn't for me. I actually liked the transponders. I used the live scoring multiple times to see what moto was on the track since they weren't really announcing very much.