The Last Straw....Im out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying "the OMA asked RT62 to join". Is that a fact or did RT62 ask to join the OMA? I'm not saying it's right or wrong or if it should even make a difference, but IF RT62 asked to join the OMA they did so knowing what they were getting into. Maybe they should have discussed this issue ahead of time instead of assuming....

It wasn't a big deal for RT62 to open up a track 15 minutes away from BC. I doubt when he opened that he went to JO and asked if it was cool to open up down the street.

Nothing against either of the owners here.

People will practice where they want to practice and race where they want to race.

Your views are in line with tracks competing with one another in different organizations or outlaw. But when in the SAME organization that is looking out for one another you just dont do that if you want to succeed and stay together. Respect and honor the organization you joined and believe in.

You didnt see posts like this about RT62 and BC when RT62 wasnt part of the OMA because it didnt matter.

Malvern also has practice Saturday with racing to follow. Looking back, BC had a race on Father's Day, Route 62 had an open practice. It goes both ways, right or wrong? Everyone has an opinion. The key here is to not bash Lonnie nor Jeremy or any of our track owners for that matter. They give us a place to ride, race and make memories. My suggestion is for Lonnie, JO and Jason to get together so that things are not taken out of context. Maybe it will just rain like hell all weekend and everyone loses.

About this time last year we started hearing about the OMA expansion. At that time there was a group of people standing in a trailer at a race discussing what the future held. Each and every person agreed that this whole deal was at best a 2 year plan. We may have been a little too optimistic.
Anytime you have an organization run by owner / operators there will ALWAYS be doubt on how and who gets what. Someone, if not most will fell slighted by the others. Did you really expect all the track owners to get along and support each other?
The original idea of the OMA was a good one. Trying to make it better for the racers through prep, publicity and removing the red tape of a non-existent AMA. Since then it has seemed to switch direction. Now it looks like nothing but a way to put other competing tracks out of business and then squeeze every penny out of the patrons that supported it. Of course I am ever the pessimist but I am not close to the only one that feels this way.
I also believe that to the average rider, they don't give a crap about the organization running the races. They just want to show up at a nice track. Pay $5 to race and get home by 3pm. You will never get the $5, but you can get home by 3pm if you live close. BUT, having an organization that is coving 41,000 square miles, makes it impossible to hit all the races so you can get points and still be home before dark.
District 11 and 12 knew this and that was one of the driving forces that created two areas.
Bring back track championships. Forget about winning points over and extended series. Since the beginning of motocross in this state those do not matter, and for sure are not always won by the best racer. Have an organization for the racers, by the racers.
Remember when the IRL and Cart split? That was over rich team owners vs. mega rich track owners. And who did it hurt worst? The racers and the fans.
Now we have so many organizations in this state you need a three ring binder to hold all the "sanctioning" cards. And who is it helping?

I personally don't care who is holding a practice against another practice. In the words of the hood Alan Iverson "man, we talkin bout practice ?" I HATE open practice against races. Does it hurt the race promoter? You bet your ass it is. I am proof. I wanted to go to The Fork this week but the boss put her foot down and stopped that by saying "you can go to DMC and get stuff done around the house" If DMC would not have been open, then I would have went to the Fork. Plain and simple. A practice hurt a race.
Now, you can spin that in whatever direction makes you feel good, but Practice is KILLING moto.

If you are going to have a racing organization, then have a RACING organization. Not open practice before every damn race. And not practice on top of a different tracks race at is even remotely close by. If you want to do that then just keep it outlaw and don't take $20 from me and claim it is for the betterment of the sport. OMA and AMA in the same boat on that one.

Is that better?

Ya'll wanted to go against the grain and develop your own system because "you knew better". Now look where it's got ya. Track owners arguing on a public forum, one of the best tracks in ohio not open this year, tracks 15 minutes apart competing against each other, bleeding the average moto guy dry to go to a race weekend.

You guys are track owners, not logistics people. Hire someone to handle that and have a legal contract drafted that the OMA tracks will abide by the schedule laid out at the beginning of the year. Enough with having to check Pitracer, Facebook, IG to figure out when the hell you are all open. Make it simple for your customers. Make a schedule (for both races and practices along with universal fee application chart to each track) and stick to it. This isn't hard guys.

Wanna know why race turnouts are low? Practices on top of races 15 minutes away is a good start. Practices before a race day is another. Charging racers 15 bucks to get in to a race is another. Trying to hold an organization that encompasses the entire state of Ohio is another.

Keep it simple and affordable (not cheap, there's a difference). You're not attracting new customers if you're not. And the old ones will begin to look for more "bang for their buck" ala practice.

I am.

Does that include bidding by local electrical unions? =)

I meant that from a track owners perspective not an individual members perspective.

And no it does not. The purpose of electrical unions is to protect the workers not the contractor. The contractors in the electrical union do work together to do their best to close down open shops that do well at the type of work the unions target. Trust me I know. And if only one union contractor bids a contract against me, or any other open shop, the union hall will provide them money to compete with my quote.

But when it comes to union contractor vs union contractor the rules of the union only are in place to protect the worker as with any union.

OK, what did I miss? I don't see anything here that would cause JO to say he is out and I don't see any quibbling between BC and RT 62. Where did it go or where is it? I thought BC and RT 62 both agreed they have a different clientele?

OK, what did I miss? I don't see anything here that would cause JO to say he is out and I don't see any quibbling between BC and RT 62. Where did it go or where is it? I thought BC and RT 62 both agreed they have a different clientele?

JO deleted it, it was in the practice forum.

Make a schedule (for both races and practices along with universal fee application chart to each track) and stick to it. This isn't hard guys.

JO did. He posts his schedule and the OMA schedule around the same time every year. And sticks to it for the most part (for what I've paid attention to). I'm not sure how this comes to be such a shocker every time practices/races overlap with BC.

image.png
JO did. He posts his schedule and the OMA schedule around the same time every year. And sticks to it for the most part (for what I've paid attention to). I'm not sure how this comes to be such a shocker every time practices/races overlap with BC.

JO sent that to me in the beginning of March.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a good idea everyone keep bagging on JO and saying how screwed up the OMA is he gets so sick of this crap and says screw it I'm done. Then we can all post about another track that closes and reminiscent about how cool that place used to be! If you can do it better open your own track, start your own origination. I'm sure I'll regret posting this because I always do anytime I put anything on here!

Last edited:
I have a good idea everyone keep bagging on JO so he gets so sick of this crap and says screw it I'm done. Then we can all post about another track that closes and reminiscent about how cool that place used to be! If you can do it better open your own track! I'm sure I'll regret posting this because I always do anytime I put anything on here but I get so sick of this crap. Grow up!
He won't quit too many $$ coming down his drive!

I have a good idea everyone keep bagging on JO and saying how screwed up the OMA is he gets so sick of this crap and says screw it I'm done. Then we can all post about another track that closes and reminiscent about how cool that place used to be! If you can do it better open your own track, start your own origination. I'm sure I'll regret posting this because I always do anytime I put anything on here!
First, TBO is correct
Second, I called this implosion years ago. The OMA/JO needs to consider some form of things that have been said and continue to move his track and the OMA forward.
Third, a track owner needs to behave like a track owner/ business and not like one of us idiots that post on forums; sometimes with alcohol involved.

He won't quit too many $$ coming down his drive!

Yea he's so loaded charging all those people twenty five whole United States dollar bills to come ride on his property. LOADED. Absolutely, positively, loaded. Hitting firebirds (i.e. The Expensive golf balls)off the back of his yacht in the Caribbean all week. Just to hop on his private jet back to briarcliff road for the weekend to provide a place for all the lunatics. Yep, too many $$ coming down his drive.

Yea he's so loaded charging all those people twenty five whole United States dollar bills to come ride on his property. LOADED. Absolutely, positively, loaded. Hitting firebirds (i.e. The Expensive golf balls)off the back of his yacht in the Caribbean all week. Just to hop on his private jet back to briarcliff road for the weekend to provide a place for all the lunatics. Yep, too many $$ coming down his drive.
He's making $ or he wouldn't do it!

There's a difference between "making money" and getting loaded.

He's turning money. 100 goes by on the conveyor belt he takes a 20.

Loaded is 100,000 goes by on the conveyor, hits the belt diverter right into his pocket and he throws a dollar out of pocket back on the conveyor. (Feld)

There's a difference between "making money" and getting loaded.

He's turning money. 100 goes by on the conveyor belt he takes a 20.

Loaded is 100,000 goes by on the conveyor, hits the belt diverter right into his pocket and he throws a dollar out of pocket back on the conveyor. (Feld)
Where did I say he was loaded? That's what you said! That's what's wrong with these threads somebody takes a simple quote I said in response to TBO "he won't quit to many $$ coming down his drive" and turn that into he's loaded! I didn't do that! I know nobody in Ohio bringing in $ like Feld and Mx Sports other than AMA at VMD!

I just figured "too many" meant more money than dirt. But you're incinuatig (are you not?) he won't quit because is such a lavish enterprise raking in too many $$

Too many of anytbing is what ? Loaded? Fat? Swollen? What?!

We are getting off the path here. Carry on. Good night.

I doubt any of these tracks could survive off just racing ? Too many of us shitty paying customers just won't go race. We will just go out to eat. Go to a beach. Ride a jetski. Etc....if they could not make money running on top of eachother you think they would still do it ? It's a shitty shake both ways. Run on top of eachother you implode. Don't do it and lose your ass because of the 110 rider turnout, that will just go to the interwebs and say it sucked. Got my appointment at the bank tomorrow for my new motocross business. Business plan is build it and they will come.

I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back