The Last Straw....Im out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured "too many" meant more money than dirt. But you're incinuatig (are you not?) he won't quit because is such a lavish enterprise raking in too many $$

Too many of anytbing is what ? Loaded? Fat? Swollen? What?!

We are getting off the path here. Carry on. Good night.

I doubt any of these tracks could survive off just racing ? Too many of us shitty paying customers just won't go race. We will just go out to eat. Go to a beach. Ride a jetski. Etc....if they could not make money running on top of eachother you think they would still do it ? It's a shitty shake both ways. Run on top of eachother you implode. Don't do it and lose your ass because of the 110 rider turnout, that will just go to the interwebs and say it sucked. Got my appointment at the bank tomorrow for my new motocross business. Business plan is build it and they will come.

I have no idea how to fix it.
I just figured "too many" meant more money than dirt. But you're incinuatig (are you not?) he won't quit because is such a lavish enterprise raking in too many $$

Too many of anytbing is what ? Loaded? Fat? Swollen? What?!

We are getting off the path here. Carry on. Good night.

I doubt any of these tracks could survive off just racing ? Too many of us shitty paying customers just won't go race. We will just go out to eat. Go to a beach. Ride a jetski. Etc....if they could not make money running on top of eachother you think they would still do it ? It's a shitty shake both ways. Run on top of eachother you implode. Don't do it and lose your ass because of the 110 rider turnout, that will just go to the interwebs and say it sucked. Got my appointment at the bank tomorrow for my new motocross business. Business plan is build it and they will come.

I have no idea how to fix it.
I guess I will have to explain things a little better so people don't have "figure" on there own! Do I think it's a "lavish enterprise" hell no! But he can't do anything else with that piece of ground and turn the $ that he is with a track. Good Luck at the bank tomorrow I hope ur going to see Pat at the Huntington I hear he's really good! "Build it and they will come" worked for a baseball field" LOL!!!

Sometimes a little bitching gets things fixed.

Look at CTMX. People birched about some changes to the track, Jeremy addressed those birches and the track was way better this last race. People bitched about registration this last race...sounds like he has already debriefed to fix it before October. But he is a business, and wants everyone leaving his track satisfied.

If too many owners say, screw you don't come back, their rider count will decline. Those words were spoke to me at TCMC and I've never been back, they lost my $200 each race.

I appreciate the fact when I go to BC, I see reinvestment. The money we pay to get in gate and being put into the facility. driveway, fencing, equipment, etc. I don't mind paying when your seeing reinvestment that improves your experience at the track.

Open practice before every race on Saturday is killing tracks! When did this become the norm all the sudden? Tracks are now having bigger turnouts on Saturday than race day!! That needs to change. We need more people racing!

I love racing at BC, but next week I am going to Rt. 62.....why, because I want to race. I do think open practice 15 minutes down the road hurts lonnie. I wish BC would have practice Saturday and Rt 62 race sunday......perhaps it would help both draw more riders. Then when BC races, Rt 62 practice on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Sometimes a little bitching gets things fixed.

Look at CTMX. People birched about some changes to the track, Jeremy addressed those birches and the track was way better this last race. People bitched about registration this last race...sounds like he has already debriefed to fix it before October. But he is a business, and wants everyone leaving his track satisfied.

If too many owners say, screw you don't come back, their rider count will decline. Those words were spoke to me at TCMC and I've never been back, they lost my $200 each race.

I appreciate the fact when I go to BC, I see reinvestment. The money we pay to get in gate and being put into the facility. driveway, fencing, equipment, etc. I don't mind paying when your seeing reinvestment that improves your experience at the track.

Open practice before every race on Saturday is killing tracks! When did this become the norm all the sudden? Tracks are now having bigger turnouts on Saturday than race day!! That needs to change. We need more people racing!

I love racing at BC, but next week I am going to Rt. 62.....why, because I want to race. I do think open practice 15 minutes down the road hurts lonnie. I wish BC would have practice Saturday and Rt 62 race sunday......perhaps it would help both draw more riders. Then when BC races, Rt 62 practice on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

birching...?
Is that like bitching...but just more of it and non-stop.

I have a friend that was involved with the Vegas Karting Center. They would triple the amount of people on Wednesday night practice vs. the race days. IMHO, people who want to race race and people who want to practice will practice. I honestly believe they are 2 different customers and trying to convert practice guys to race guys is an impossible task.

You should have practice tracks and race tracks. If you want to open for practice and pull that crowd then fine. Do it. But if you want to have a race track and be affiliated with other tracks then no open practice again a scheduled race. Im not living in the past, but this is how is was in the past and MOST race tracks pulled a good crowd on those days. Chilitown seems to do pretty damn well and they don't have open practice.
Mid week practice on a race track? Fine, have at it. But leave Sundays to races.
Pro practicers can have 6 days of the week, Leave Sunday to the real men

I do appreciate the fact that when I go to CHILITOWN I know I'm at a pretty solid even advantage as nobody practices there. So I don't gotta worry about the track masters that know all the ins and outs....

Sorry to hear this. It happened in D5 (western PA), now the PAMX, and look what kinda crowds they get. Pitiful. Same thing happened in D6 (eastern PA). Then it happened to another outlaw series.

Just shows me ALL the PROBLEMS with LOCAL MX are on a national level. There was a good discussion last week about the problems with attendance in another forum!! Enlightening.

Whoever listens first will reap the rewards from the riders, but it's gonna take someone with vision. Nobody has vision for local MX anymore( Don't count Loretta's stuff- that ain't local) but one guy from Oklahoma who runs two tracks. He gets it.

Well, it's taken me awhile to get time to read and digest everything that has been said here and I think the thread has settled down a bit.

I can find agreement with most of what has been stated on here, and I think everybody has good intentions and mean no ill-will to anyone.

Mosher was right in that people will practice ride and people will race, where they want.

If BC wasn't scheduled on the same weekend as Rt62, it was no guarantee that it would of improved Rt62's turnout.

Briarcliff was a successful practice track before it became a race track. Some folks will forever be loyal practice riders to BC. That's just how it goes.

There are pro's and cons to running an open practice at a track and then racing that track on Sunday. But it's not a terrible thing to do it. I can tell you that if I plan to race that track on Sunday, you can bet your bippy that I am very interested in riding open practice at that track on the day before if it will help me.
A bunch of years back I wanted to race COCR, but was uncomfortable about the idea because I had never ridden there, and they never offered an Open-to-the-public day. But then they changed. They began holding open practices on Saturday, followed by a Sunday race. Guess what........... My son and I went to the Saturday practice, and then returned the next day and raced. It helped us. And I still look forward to that to this day. It's a positive thing. .........After all, we aren't Pro racers, we are weekend amateurs!

I also thinks it's a bit harsh that Jeremy O is taking so much heat on this for being a track owner.
More than just a track owner, Jeremy is a real motocross RACER, and respectable Pitracer personality. Jeremy has always brought a lot to this forum from the beginning of Briarcliff, up to this day. He has a lot of very good and interesting insight and has been a major source of growth for not only this website, but also for the central Ohio dirt bike scene. And I say Dirt Bike Scene because the Briarcliff facility offers more than just motocross RACING.
The man has always worked his ass off tirelessly and followed through on what he schedules to the absolute best of his ability. And just like every other track owner, he has bills that must be paid, and it takes revenue to do that.

Jeremy has also went and helped other tracks when there was absolutely nothing in it for him to gain. ( COCR? )

Lonnie is also a guy worthy of considerable respect. He has a really fun track, and a great future ahead of him if we can see past all of this.

Rt62 offers up characteristics that you won't find at Briarcliff, or any other tracks for that matter. The facility has great potential, and a good operator/owner and I'm glad he's part of our community now. Lonnie is a really good guy! There is also room for untapped growth potential if Lonnie continues pursuits in areas that others tracks won't go, such as Vintage/Post Vintage/Noncurrent-Classic/ and Dacade class racing. (There is also a lot of potential for a track and facility that caters to the 50's and mini riders.)

Competition between tracks doesn't have to be all negative. It can be a very positive element that helps spur growth and creativity, and there is a sizeable market of patrons to serve them all. We just have to learn how to work through this POSITIVELY.

A little cooling off period is OK here. Clear your heads and then let's all talk some more ( JO ). It is vitally important to this site, and central Ohio, for all of our track owners, and our riders/racers to keep moving forward successfully.

Last edited:
Really sorry to see this happening. It's a damn shame.

BTW, I don't believe for one minute that JO won't close because of $$

Well, it's taken me awhile to get time to read and digest everything that has been said here and I think the thread has settled down a bit...

I couldn't agree more. We're here to build this sport. This includes our riders, our promoters, our vendors and our track owners. We can't do that if we continue to alienate everyone on here. I'm locking this thread. I'm also going to add a plugin that allows tracks to self-moderate the open practice and race updates threads. That's a feature that makes using Facebook so appealing. Tracks could feel comfortable with posting on here again without getting raped every time. Stay tuned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back