Briarcliff mx this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. JO got pissed off and took his ball and went home. Said he was done with pit racer. I missed it all too, he deleted whatever it was that he got pissed off about.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

yeah. JO got pissed off and took his ball and went home. Said he was done with pit racer. I missed it all too, he deleted whatever it was that he got pissed off about.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app
Yikes...thanks for the update, do you know if he is having practice as planned?

Sounds like a rough weekend at the CLIFF, made some "track changes" and has two kids with serious injuries in the hospital, including one helicopter flight, on a practice day.

Its a crazy way to run a track, "KEEP MAKING IT MORE DANGEOUS" and hope there are not a disproportionate number of injuries. This sport need intelligent track operators, not bigger jumps.

A good example of a "Smart Track Operator" the Robinson family that runs Unadilla hosted over 1,100 riders over 3 days, a few broken bones and bruises. Not a single helicopter, or ambulance runs. And they are known for " BIG JUMPS" Skyshot / Gravity cavity and more.

There are many more examples, but its the few bad ones that tarnish this sport.

Sounds like a rough weekend at the CLIFF, made some "track changes" and has two kids with serious injuries in the hospital, including one helicopter flight, on a practice day.

Its a crazy way to run a track, "KEEP MAKING IT MORE DANGEOUS" and hope there are not a disproportionate number of injuries. This sport need intelligent track operators, not bigger jumps.

A good example of a "Smart Track Operator" the Robinson family that runs Unadilla hosted over 1,100 riders over 3 days, a few broken bones and bruises. Not a single helicopter, or ambulance runs. And they are known for " BIG JUMPS" Skyshot / Gravity cavity and more.

Once again an example why you’re an idiot. Do you know why there was a care flight? It had nothing to do with the track or the changes.

The only new jumps were 2 singles and all other jumps were touched up and I think made to be safer

Were you even there dude? The injury on Saturday was on the C track! The changes to the A track included a safer on/off as the entrance and exit were moved further away from the finish jump. He shortened up the landing area of the finish line jump which forced the riders to control the speed since the landing area is not quite as long. He removed the berm after the table to slow riders down and the woods section added turns. The track feels slower and more technical with the changes in my opinion. I wont comment on the Sunday injury as I have no idea what happened.

Last edited:
We were there on Sunday and the crash was on an old, existing, tunnel jump. The track had nothing to do with the crash, it was my understanding that the kid in front of him came up a little short and then this kid landed on him, and he got hurt from that error. The track itself was great. It was watered halfway through the day and prep'ed well. The changes that are being made are safe and JO told me that all changes are made with safety in mind. The kid that got hurt appeared to have a broken femur and was knocked out for a bit so, that was a required helicopter ride. We haven't been to the cliff in a long while and Jonathan said, "it is way tamer than it use to be." JO is making more changes but they probably won't happen until after the Battle but he said, "the whole reason is to make the track safer," not that there have been any injuries with the way it is now. I hope the kid that got hurt Sunday is doing well and has a speedy recovery.

Hey Mike - nice addition to this post.

now, go away.

Thanks for the info Fluid & Lilly.

A racer I know sent me a Go-Pro vid from Sunday's track with the changes and it looked like moto nirvana.

Need to get back down and check it out.

John Lilly is it the broken femur or being knocked out the reason for a required helicopter ride?

Often times a femur will be the reason to call the bird.
When I blew apart my Tib/Fib the squad that came had readied for a bird because they believed it was a femur.
Once they discovered it wasn't, they let me decide to go by land or air..

I am not sure which was the reason, but I would guess it was the femur. Either way he went in the helicopter.
Often times a femur will be the reason to call the bird.
When I blew apart my Tib/Fib the squad that came had readied for a bird because they believed it was a femur.
Once they discovered it wasn't, they let me decide to go by land or air..
Ok thanks! I had heard that but wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back