Briarcliff mx this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know why there was a care flight? It had nothing to do with the track or the changes.

Serious question here as I don't quite understand this statement above. If the injury had nothing to do with the track, what was it? Car accident, heat stroke? I'm serious, I just assumed (as I'm sure others did) that if there was a life flight it had to do with someone getting injured in a crash on the track.

Serious question here as I don't quite understand this statement above. If the injury had nothing to do with the track, what was it? Car accident, heat stroke? I'm serious, I just assumed (as I'm sure others did) that if there was a life flight it had to do with someone getting injured in a crash on the track.
I was told that a bike jumped out of gear and the rider didn't clear the tunnel jump and was landed on.
Not the tracks fault.

Oh, ok the way I read that comment made me think it was some sort of non-riding incident. Thanks.

Hope everyone heals up.

Just like guns don't kill people. people kill people with guns. Tracks don't cause injuries. Riders abilities (or lack of) hurt themselves or others.

If you're not on FB, IG or Twitter, here is the new layout
13920413_1468751823150243_7408195695482047600_o.jpg

Sounds like a rough weekend at the CLIFF, made some "track changes" and has two kids with serious injuries in the hospital, including one helicopter flight, on a practice day.

Its a crazy way to run a track, "KEEP MAKING IT MORE DANGEOUS" and hope there are not a disproportionate number of injuries. This sport need intelligent track operators, not bigger jumps.

A good example of a "Smart Track Operator" the Robinson family that runs Unadilla hosted over 1,100 riders over 3 days, a few broken bones and bruises. Not a single helicopter, or ambulance runs. And they are known for " BIG JUMPS" Skyshot / Gravity cavity and more.

There are many more examples, but its the few bad ones that tarnish this sport.

You must not have rode there back in mid 2000's if think he just keeps making it more dangerous with bigger jumps. .....and back then it was tame compared to what Kenworthy's used to be.

Jeremy has continued to tame the track down every year while tweaking the layout somewhat.

I was at the Cliff this past weekend and rode the new layout, I liked the new off-camber twistys through the trees and like how he put in the right turn after the finish line...more challenging! I personally think BC is still the best track in Ohio...

So tracks don' hurt people, OK I'll buy that, maybe........

But if ONE track hurts more people than all the tracks in Ohio combined, maybe the problem is the track (operator)

So to validate this, how many times at practice days have you seen MED-FLIGHTS choppers at other tracks. I have only been to Briarcliff 4 times, all open practice days and 3 times the helicopter took a young man away that will suffer many years with his injuries. So if its not the track, its the track operator.

How many choppers at Chilltown, OHIO's #1 track, how many at Malvern on practice days??? Where else have you seen MED-FLIGHT at open practices on a regular basis?

This is the same guy that allowed RAZOR'S to jump beside kids on 65's on a so called "C" beginners track. He is an IDIOT..

The facts are the facts, he is an unsafe operator and does not understand how to build a track that is fun, exciting, without causing disproportionate injuries to young people. Fortunately he in no longer on PITRACER.

But if ONE track hurts more people than all the tracks in Ohio combined, maybe the problem is the track (operator)

So to validate this, how many times at practice days have you seen MED-FLIGHTS choppers at other tracks. I have only been to Briarcliff 4 times, all open practice days and 3 times the helicopter took a young man away that will suffer many years with his injuries. So if its not the track, its the track operator.

How many choppers at Chilltown, OHIO's #1 track, how many at Malvern on practice days??? Where else have you seen MED-FLIGHT at open practices on a regular basis?

This is the same guy that allowed RAZOR'S to jump beside kids on 65's on a so called "C" beginners track. He is an IDIOT..

The facts are the facts, he is an unsafe operator and does not understand how to build a track that is fun, exciting, without causing disproportionate injuries to young people. Fortunately he in no longer on PITRACER.

How's your track coming?.. That's right you don't have or run one. Just because you're allowed to clean the gates out at DC doesn't make you an expert.
BC is so unsafe that hundreds of riders show up for open rides when he opens.
Wonder why no one shows up for DC ? The track design and jumps are horrible. Shannon would roll over in his grave if he seen how pathetic that place is. That place use have 2 100 footers in a row and the Gravity Cavity was big. I don't remember the people getting hauled out of there.
Here's a thought....... Why don't you blame the riders?

Most of the injuries ive seen at that track have usually been caused by some other idiot on the track not the track. my 9 yr old jumps everything on the A track on a 65, so no the track is not dangerous. Just like in one of these crashes, a guy on a bike comes riding up the finish line jump landing backwards to tell us not to jump because a kid had crashed down toward the corner, I was already in the air and about wheel tapped off his head, that was a stupid move but I guess that would have been jo's fault too. Some of you guys are a bunch of idiots, shut up and be happy you got some where to ride or build your own if his is too dangerous in your mind... bunch of pussies.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say briarcliff's jumps are dangerous but there are a few very blind jumps. Flaggers would solve a lot of problems. Not just at Briarcliff, but at any practice track on the major blind jumps.

I was there this weekend and no, theres nothing wrong with the track nor the operator... the problem may very well be with the world view of some of the PR members... I would suggest getting your optic nerve unwired from your a*****e, and you might not have such a shitty outlook on life.

Is this guy an idiot.........or is this guy a weirdo.........the world may never know........LOSER!!!!!!!!!

So its ok if you don't agree but facts are facts ( sorry Weasel you wont understand, I am typing slowly so you can keep up)

But more kids get hurt, more helicopter flights, with more significant injuries at the cliff than anywhere else in OHIO,

The guy is just not as smart as a 5th grader. He can't build a great track, can only build a sketchy track, it is what it is.

Lets get the DONALD " MAKING BRIARCLIFF SAFE AGAIN"

NEWS FLASH.. JO is still a PIT RACER FAN, at least a lurker..

his recent private message to me, look like he wants to "SHUT MY MOUTH", just a basic translation of his hillbilly English.. but

"if you want to talk trash, I can arrange a meeting with you, you don't have the sand to say it to my face old man. Either shut your mouth or I will do it for you."

I think we all knew he can't resist the PIT

So its ok if you don't agree but facts are facts ( sorry Weasel you wont understand, I am typing slowly so you can keep up)

But more kids get hurt, more helicopter flights, with more significant injuries at the cliff than anywhere else in OHIO
What exactly are the facts? I'm curious myself. For the record, I've rode at Briarcliff more times than I can remember in past 10 years and attended all of the Battle races there as well as Loretta's qualifiers and have never seen a chopper there.

I know a kid from around here that was flown out of there last year, but I wasn't there. You make it sound like it's 75% of the time they are open.

Like I said, what are the facts, since you brought it up?

NEWS FLASH.. JO is still a PIT RACER FAN, at least a lurker..

his recent private message to me, look like he wants to "SHUT MY MOUTH", just a basic translation of his hillbilly English.. but

"if you want to talk trash, I can arrange a meeting with you, you don't have the sand to say it to my face old man. Either shut your mouth or I will do it for you."

I think we all knew he can't resist the PIT
Serious that's a pm from JO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back