So.......What is the problem. Money????

PYMATUNINGMX

PR Addict
At the beginning of the year we asked the question what we could do better. There were a lot of excellent comments/concerns from people. Just like most all tracks we dropped quite a bit of cash and applied some of those ideas and rider numbers improved. However,there still isn't enough to make it start to breed on itself , there s a point where a track has enough riders that , people have such a good time that they will advertise enough positive comments that even more people come back ,and so on ,and so on . Unfortunately the same is true if there isn't enough riders and it will decline even more rapidly , very similar to a hot niteclub building a crowd or coming to the end of it's run and then in a month or two it's empty on a Saturday nite .
While speaking with riders and families the biggest issue now is $$$$$$$$$

SO ........

We here at Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway understand the costs involved with MX today. Especially with families with multiple children in this great sport. We also know that many of you fight week to week to come up with enough money to either race, buy parts, admission fees, fuel and food. We have also found out that there are a fair amount of Military Veterans who also race and practice. With that being said, P.H.R would like to take lead and announce that effective immediately the following changes.........

Gate fees
Adult-----$7
AGE 6-12----$5
5 and under----Free
Military Veterans------$5

1st Class-----$20 ____________________ Military Veterans take off $5 each class
2nd Class----$15
3rd Class-----$10
This also applies to families who either have two kids racing or father/son, Husband/wife etc.
Example....Kid1----$20 Kid2----$15 Dad------$10

All .50cc classes bike/Quad-----1st class $15..... 2nd+ $10

Trophy's will only be provided to 1st Place finishers in Super-Mini and below for bikes and also for all Mini Quad classes. 2nd and 3rd Place finishers will be awarded Track bucks.

Track Bucks will be provided to for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in all other classes.

*****Military Veterans must provide either a copy of DD214 or ID card*****

Last edited:
This is great Art, and will definitely help out the rider count. However, I think an issue of yours is your lack of advertisement. You are not an any social media and don't post on here too often. When you do post on here, it's not in a timely manner. I responded in your one open practice fourm that it would help you if you posted earlier. I believe it was around 3:00 pm that you posted you were having practice at 4:00 that day. I am only seven miles from you, and by the time that post was out I had already made plans to go practice else where. I imagine most others if not all other people made the same decisions earlier that day. Anyhow love this idea and glad to see you're taking action. If you need or want any help using a social media plat form don't hesitate to ask as I enjoy the changes to the track and want to help get as many riders there as possible. Hopefully this isn't taken as a negative, I just would like to see PHR back to what it once was.

Applaud the effort in making a change, hopefully it pays off. Certainly cannot hurt to try, and I'm sure the regulars will appreciate it!!!

I never understood having to pay a gate fee when I am the attraction.

Oh well you can always take up rag racing for $9.
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2016/05/04/386/-/-?Itemid=1

Or full on race with the big boys for $15~35
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2016/04/23/393/-/-?Itemid=1

Wonders how Summit does that for sO cheap, the whole place with 2 ambulances at the ready, constant track prep, track crew, announcers, food court, showers plus the pound of ice cream for just a buck.
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/plan-your-trip/one-pound-of-ice-cream-for-a-dollar

Almost forgot, FREE electric.
I pull into the pits, plug into one of the many elec boxes and I have power for the day/nite.

Forgot to mention they turn on the lights at dusk to illuminate the track, whats that cost???

Last edited:

Oh well you can always take up rag racing for $9.
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2016/05/04/386/-/-?Itemid=1

Or full on race with the big boys for $15~35
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2016/04/23/393/-/-?Itemid=1

Wonders how Summit does that for sO cheap, the whole place with 2 ambulances at the ready, constant track prep, track crew, announcers, food court, showers plus the pound of ice cream for just a buck.
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/plan-your-trip/one-pound-of-ice-cream-for-a-dollar

Almost forgot, FREE electric.
I pull into the pits, plug into one of the many elec boxes and I have power for the day/nite.

Forgot to mention they turn on the lights at dusk to illuminate the track, whats that cost???
They have the overall budget of the fair to underwrite the cost and it's used as an attraction to help put more people in the gate

This is great Art, and will definitely help out the rider count. However, I think an issue of yours is your lack of advertisement. You are not an any social media and don't post on here too often. When you do post on here, it's not in a timely manner. I responded in your one open practice fourm that it would help you if you posted earlier. I believe it was around 3:00 pm that you posted you were having practice at 4:00 that day. I am only seven miles from you, and by the time that post was out I had already made plans to go practice else where. I imagine most others if not all other people made the same decisions earlier that day. Anyhow love this idea and glad to see you're taking action. If you need or want any help using a social media plat form don't hesitate to ask as I enjoy the changes to the track and want to help get as many riders there as possible. Hopefully this isn't taken as a negative, I just would like to see PHR back to what it once was.
Your 100 percent rite about posting the last minute , we have a huge event comming up the weekend of August 13,14,15 and we still don't have it on here . We're just so busy working till 1,2,or 3 every morning were to wore out and can't stay awake long enough for to get it posted. You can't believe how many times the help shows up at the track office and finds me asleep with a iPad on my chest , But we are on Facebook ,I'm not sure why your not able to access that. Scott Lisk handles that for us , he will probably chime in when he reads this . And by the way we almost always never take it as negative , we really do want to hear what the riders are thinking of the place. Good or bad ! We can't fix it if we don't know about it ! Thanking you in advance for any input .

That only works when there are spectators coming just to watch, not friends and family coming to watch their kid
or uncle or relation of some sort.

Flat Track Canada has full county fair stands every race we've been to. Entry fees are about the same as MX
here but even the old fart class pays $35 for third. 450 DTX and 450 unlimited pay back to 10th or so and winner
gets $400-500 bucks.

It's all canadian dollars though so I think equivalent to a six pack of molson and a beaver pelt.

Wish you were closer, I would be out to try the place out. Obviously here is track owner that read through some forums here, and took to heart some of the comments and suggestions. He did not bitch or complain, but took the ideas and implemented them.

I hope he is rewarded with a nice crowd for his efforts.

Pymatuning is also toying with the idea of using nice ribbons ,like you see at fairground for horse an cattle judging .
Blue for 1st , red for 2nd. , white for 3rd and putting the riders pic in the middle of it.

Just a thought for you to express your opinion on !! Tks ART

Hey if you guys would consider moving , then we would at least get two new riders out of it . I'm more worried about having the same amount of riders show up and giving away 800 dollars on every 100 riders !

Art, from personal experience, next season try and get more Sunday day races, and try extending the track into the back where the truck night was. You have all that dirt and all that elevation on your flat terrain. I don't see how using it would be bad. Create like a Mx section,m(where you only run in day races) and the rest of the track where you only run at night. Add length and time to the track. As for the Mx section though, less jumps. More sweeper corners and speed. A place to really open er up! Just my input! You wanna bring more spectators, then bring more faster riders for them to watch by making a bigger, faster, longer track. Don't need a ton of jumps, people ride that in areanacross all winter long. In the summer they just really wanna open up their bikes!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

This is a good idea and really cool seeing a promoter stepping outside the box and trying something new. As fisher said, lengthen the track if you have the room to do so... As he mentioned have a night section and day section, kind of like what Honda hills use to have. Best of luck, hope you get more riders and spectators coming your way

We have 8 Sunday races already this year , if we try to take any more than there wouldn't be anything left for the other tracks in the Cra , we tried to get one Sunday and one Saturday for each month .

Wow really impressed with all the calls thanking us for the retro reduced pricing , I hope everyone that says their coming actually shows up it should make for some great racing . Thank you again for all your support . We will be racing rain or shine !

Well after our first weekend of racing under our new pricing structure I'd have to say it was pretty disappointing . We probably had some of the best conditions you could ever ask for sat nite and of course the music was great, only problem worst rider turn out we've hadbin a long time , maybe the pricing has nothing to do with the turnout !

Last edited:
going to take some time for word to get out im sure. plus the weather allover the map was pretty sketchy, i know a lot of people stayed home due to weather.

Back