So.......What is the problem. Money????

Id blame the weather and time, time for the word to get out about pricing. Any change takes time for the effects to be seen.

I hope your right , because without the increase in riders , all the new pricing does is turn a low turnout into a loss , when at least before you could break even on a bad turn out , but a promoter will get crushed with reduced pricing and a low turn out .
I will have to agree with you that the weather plays a huge role anymore , way more now than back in the day

I hope your right , because without the increase in riders , all the new pricing does is turn a low turnout into a loss , when at least before you could break even on a bad turn out , but a promoter will get crushed with reduced pricing and a low turn out .
I will have to agree with you that the weather plays a huge role anymore , way more now than back in the day

We were talking about this exact thing this week after having to reschedule our race at Treaty City this past weekend.

Last weekend was the weekend before a lot of kids go back to school this week. So many people may have been busy getting kids ready to start school this week.

We were talking about this exact thing this week after having to reschedule our race at Treaty City this past weekend.
This is something I don't understand. When I raced in 2005-2007 every weekend, we raced rain or shine. There were times it poured buckets during my moto. Why did this change? Why are races now canceled with just a slight possibility of rain? I just don't get it. Why the sudden change? Is it the pussification of america? Just curious

This is something I don't understand. When I raced in 2005-2007 every weekend, we raced rain or shine. There were times it poured buckets during my moto. Why did this change? Why are races now canceled with just a slight possibility of rain? I just don't get it. Why the sudden change? Is it the pussification of america? Just curious
I don't understand either! I raced 1979-88 never seen a race cancelled! Imo it's a combination of generation of riders and track owners,maybe a four stroke thing! I did here Red Bud cancelled Vet Vest after first Motos! Does anybody think they refunded 1/2 of entry fee?

A nasty mud race, is that really much of a race? It is survival, not racing. And with the cost of a new bike today, and rebuilds, it is not like the old days, blow it up and rebuild it the next day. The sport has changed, just like every other sport has changed from 25 years ago. I am very involved in football, want me to start a page of the hundreds of things different in football today from 25 years ago?

A nasty mud race, is that really much of a race? It is survival, not racing. And with the cost of a new bike today, and rebuilds, it is not like the old days, blow it up and rebuild it the next day. The sport has changed, just like every other sport has changed from 25 years ago. I am very involved in football, want me to start a page of the hundreds of things different in football today from 25 years ago?
So it is a four stroke thing? You don't have to tell me about football been an official 20 years, seen the changes first hand! I can tell you this football has had changes to make it safer at all levels, which is something I can't say about motocross!

So it is a four stroke thing? You don't have to tell me about football been an official 20 years, seen the changes first hand! I can tell you this football has had changes to make it safer at all levels, which is something I can't say about motocross!
I was thinking the same thing about 4 strokes. Not saying they killed the sport but they may have played a roll in changes. I do agree that in the early 2000s it was cheaper to rebuild my 125 and I did rebuild it between races. I can say that I have never blown a bike up in a mud race or felt that a mud race or two really took a toll on my bikes lifespan. (Of course they were and always will be 2 strokes).
As far as safety goes... I feel like motocross has been the opposite, less safe, faster bikes, bigger jumps, and younger kids getting on full size bikes.

Moto-X racers of this day and age are the biggest bunch of pussies going, back in the 70s we raced rain or shine didnt matter. The riders have forced the promoters to cancel at the first hint of rain because the promoters arent making any money on MX to begin with. The racers will show up and half of them wont ride practice because the track is to wet, then they want a refund because the AMA allows them to claim they feel unsafe with the track conditions. The promoter gives the refunds but once you run practice you lose the sanction fee and the insurance fee and you lose your ass for the day, better to cancel ahead of time and save the fees.

So what is the"product"? Pymatuning or motocross in general?
Never been there. Just speaking purely from a business standpoint.
A lot of tracks in that area by looking at the map so the product (track) must not be as quality as others down the street.
Plenty of businesses have a sure fire product that they just know is going to sell well. A few months later they are selling all their inventory to Big Lots

A lot of tracks in that area by looking at the map so the product (track) must not be as quality as others down the street.
Plenty of businesses have a sure fire product that they just know is going to sell well. A few months later they are selling all their inventory to Big Lots
Ok so you have never been there then why post a negative comment about the track??? Other people posted bad weather or kids going back to school. But you always go the the glass is half empty!!! Can you explain why???

Last edited:
Well first off I did not say a negative comment about a track. I said the product was not good. I have not been to prymatuning but I have been to treaty (who also commented on the topic) and I know the product is not good there. So odds are the same problem exist for both locations. If you want to look at it as negative then fine. I look at it as feedback from a consumer.
I'm not going to wrap it in rainbows and sunshine. The numbers are all that is needed to see the truth.
Forget about glass half full/empty. Break the glass and drink out of the can.

My Dad and I were having a long coversation regarding people not wanting to race mud races. I thought, and you know, I hated mud racing growing up. I hated riding in it, I hated cleaning it up, and I hated driving to the track in the pouring rain knowing it was going to be a foot deep of nort eastern Ohio slop. But, I did it. My GIRLFRIEND at the time raced and she told me, "If you don't race in the mud, I'm going to call you a f*****g pussy." That changed my mind on mud racing. Let me tell you, I raced every mud race after I heard that. Because your girlfriend calling you a pussy, is not a game.

This brings me to one conclusion, PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA. I get it, I won't race in the mud anymore either. Mostly because I don't race. If I were racing, I'd be pissed seeing a race get canceled because of rain or the threat of poor weather. I do understand from the track owners side, I do not understand from the riders side. If you're willing to go out and race, you're going to race what is there. WHAT HAPPENED? Why don't people want to race in the mud? I could be wrong but being called a pussy was enough to get my ass out there and race. Oh, and my dad would have probably made all sorts of comments regarding female anatomy as well.

Today's riders won't ride unless it's sunny and 72. So if it threatens to rain, the promoter just scraps it and saves the diesel fuel for the sunny and 72.

73 is too damn hot. Bike won't over heat, but I get hot flashes and I'm a nightmare to be around.
71?! Do you want me to get hypothermia and freeze to death? What is this? Should I stud my tires? I hear there's frost when it drops below 50 at night... Seasons over.

Back