Why do people get butt hurt because of what some post on here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
this site is my #1 place for entertainment. Nothing that is posted has ever upset me to the point I wanted to take my ball and go home. I don't understand that mentality. Because someone posts their opinion and or just posts something to get others fired up, it upsets you so much that you stop posting????
Before I started posting I thought all quads destroyed the race track and were ridden by douche bags. Now I know they just destroy the track. AND there are plenty of douche bags on bikes also.

this site is my #1 place for entertainment. Nothing that is posted has ever upset me to the point I wanted to take my ball and go home. I don't understand that mentality. Because someone posts their opinion and or just posts something to get others fired up, it upsets you so much that you stop posting????
Before I started posting I thought all quads destroyed the race track and were ridden by douche bags. Now I know they just destroy the track. AND there are plenty of douche bags on bikes also.

My Grandpa and Dad both told me that you need a quick wit and thick skin to survive in this world.

I think they were right. Some of the younger generation have grown up with PC pushed down on them from many angles and it's a shame really to see the result.

In other cases, people fold up just because they don't want to be run down by the PC crowd for stating their opinion.

Nothing that is posted has ever upset me to the point I wanted to take my ball and go home.
I here what you are saying but the track owners skin is only so thick, at some point its going to poke through and that hurts. I think track owners can learn from what is said on here but come on sometimes its to nit picky, little stuff and goes on and on, that has to get old. No one in their right mind wants to be criticized, so the question is, when is enough, enough. Some of the comments are great and beneficial but a lot of the time we need to move on, to a new subject. Just my thoughts.

I here what you are saying but the track owners skin is only so thick, at some point its going to poke through and that hurts. I think track owners can learn from what is said on here but come on sometimes its to nit picky, little stuff and goes on and on, that has to get old. No one in their right mind wants to be criticized, so the question is, when is enough, enough. Some of the comments are great and beneficial but a lot of the time we need to move on, to a new subject. Just my thoughts.
I'm sure I will regret posting about this ( I usually do) but after a track has worked a couple days trying to make things just perfect and a rider complains about a minor thing it wears on you. Or a rider points out a few things that need done gets old too. Do you think we don't know things that need done? Or we don't see things need done! Do you really think we just don't care? We spend countless hours trying to keep track mowed, weed whacked, sprayed Most every track owner has a full time job, family ect just like riders.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Same type of crap goes on in nursing. That's why turnover is high and burnout rate is through the roof. Nobody likes the nurse. You promoters is like the nurse of the hospital. Care about everything. Work your ass off all to be told you suck and offended someone.

Its been a weird summer on the ol'e PitRacer.
The personal attacks are crazy. This site is about motocross, not a fricki'n soap opera.

I believe the only person I have even spoken bad about is Hansen. So..... Her is my very personal apology to Mr. Hansen....

Dear Joshua,
I have been unfair to you online. I assumed that since you insists on wearing a knit hat even when it is over 100 degrees outside that you must be a d-bag. I mean a serious d-bag. When actually I don't know you or have even meant you in person. For this, I am sorry. It was incredible wrong of me to just assume you got the 37 different opportunities to ride for top notch teams was because of the name you were given at birth, and not because of talent. I am really sorry you then tossed those opportunities away because training is hard and its just more fun to party. See, there I go again. I assumed my definition of "opportunity" was the same as yours. But maybe... just maybe... it's not... Anywho, As a token of my apology I will wear a knit hat at the next race I attend. It is a cross to bear.
Im sorry
Cross my heart
with a cherry on top.

Forever yours,
CK1

No doubt Im tagged as one of the douche bags voicing an opinion. Why do people get butt hurt? 90% of the time because they dont like the truth or the fact that you are doing something right that they are too lazy or scared to do. 10% of the time because some douche bag on here is just that. Now Im talking only about PR here. I dont get it either. IF I were to ever open my track to rides other than Davefest or run a large track, I would go in knowing Im NEVER going to be right. Im NEVER going to be able to please everyone and I will ALWAYS be wrong for somebody. The greatest tracks in the world have riders who dont like the track or how they do things. Why? newsflash....people are different. Society has lost ability to remember and put up with that. Now if you dont agree with a person it makes them an idiot, stupid or an a*****e. Dont get me wrong, there are lots of those but normally not just because they dont agree with you.

I know I am opinionated but I and most others who are opinionated on here very very rarely say a person or persons are idiots, stupid, pieces of s**t or anything like that. Yet like the liberal media people twist it as though thats what was said. I think that is an issue. Then the righteous people on here make it even worse by arguing and calling people out telling them that they are idiots, stupid or an a*****e. Who is worse? Of course I love when you get the PM on here really chewing you a new one yet on the main board they try and tell you how nice they are. Then the 5 people who PM, call or text you how what you said was spot on but too afraid to voice that on the main board too.

Then there is the rare complete a*****e, no way around that one.

In conclusion, its the internet and human nature. People get butt hurt way too easily anymore and there isnt a damn thing you can do to change it other than shield yourself from the outside world.

Last edited:
Very truthful and insightful read below......

If you’re not pissing someone off, you probably aren’t doing anything important

243k shares Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Meaningful achievements are, perversely, morelikely to annoy the world around you.

Are you losing weight? “You should be happy with your own body!” Saving children in Africa? “You should save your own country!” Curing cancer? “What took you so long?”

Whatever you do, you’re going to annoy someone, and annoying someone can be a good thing. Let me show you the virtue of being an occasional a*****e.

Rule 1: There are more important things than other people’s feelings
One of the reasons successful people can sometimes come over like assholes is because they’ve learned there are far more important things in this world than what other people feel.

It’s an uncomfortable truth. We’re raised to be nice, and for good reason. Niceness is safe. It’s excellent at maintaining the status quo. Nice people are conscious of what might upset others, and avoid such things.

Which is deadly if you want to accomplish anything of significance.

If your mission is to lead, create, or better the world, surrendering to the emotional concerns of others will paralyse and kill you. Leaders that can’t make tough decisions can’t lead. Artists that can never offend anyone can never delight anyone either.

This is not to say that being an a*****e will make you successful. But an unwillingness to occasionally be one is an almost certain road to failure.

Rule 2: Hate is a side effect of impact
As your actions impact more people, the less those people will understand you:

Imagine a face-to-face conversation, with motives and nuance:

As it spreads, the simple message is interpreted:

And outright distorted:

This happens even when people read the exact same words on a screen. We just do it in our heads.

The only thing this process needs is enough people. If you’re impacting enough people in any way, you’re going to be tragically misrepresented in the time it takes a teenager to poop out a tweet.

You can avoid all of this by not doing anything important. If your biggest decision in life is what you change your desktop wallpaper to, no problem. But if you want to write a bestseller or end poverty or change the world in any way whatsoever you’re gonna have to cope with pissing off people entirely by accident.

Rule 3: Just because someone is offended, doesn’t mean they’re right
Think back to a time when you were angry – say you were cut off in traffic. How intelligent were you when you were pissed off?

Anger is an emotional response, and a spectacularly stupid one. It’s almost never in proportion, nor is it necessarily even just. It’s a fleeting impulse, like thinking a stranger is cute or preferring one colour over another.

And like any such impulse, the usual provocation for anger is association. Some people might hate Apple, others hate Google. Some people are right wing, others left. Say something nice about one group, and you’ll ignite the primal rage in the others before they can stop to think. Pretty much everyone thinks like this, sadly, unless they’re trying really hard.

Which leads to a crucial conclusion: conforming to other people’s anger is caving to the most stupid part of their nature.

Be an a*****e and ignore those, um, assholes.

The only way to avoid pissing people off is to do nothing important. Which leaves you with a choice, whether you like it or not: where will you settle on this scale?

Most of us fear upsetting the emotions of others. When we upset people, we’re compelled to justify ourselves. We yearn to win over our detractors. We seek everyone’s approval. And just one criticism among a hundred compliments burns into our brain like a cigarette.

That’s actually a good sign. It means you’re not really an a*****e. Just don’t be afraid to act like one where it matters.

Wow... that was stupid. So lets recap, If you’re not pissing someone off, you probably aren’t doing anything important, more pissed off people more impact, One of the reasons successful people can sometimes come over like assholes is because they’ve learned there are far more important things in this world than what other people feel.

Wow... that's insightful.

Let me recant to those statements... Leaders don't lead by coming off as assholes, they lead by actions. None of these "statements" results in any type of action, that's were a real leaders step up. Anyone can piss someone off, yeah that's easy but that doesn't make you insightful. What makes you a smart leader, you come up with a hypothesis, you test your hypothesis and you show the proven results...those are actions. Constant badgering becomes ambient noise over time, then to be heard, those badgering people must take their communication and make it louder and possibly more negative. That's a dangerous game. That's why people get butt hurt, your ambient badgering is crossing into negative, rude, unproductive comments.

Keep in mind... a track owner has the right to not allow any participate on his/her private property. Being at a event isn't a right, it's a privilege. Stop pissing in the water hole for everyone else. You have opinion, send a private message. Don't start an angry mob. As for Knox's comment, "this site is my #1 place for entertainment." Don't admit trying to get under people's skin is your for entertainment. That's being a bully.

Wow... that was stupid. So lets recap, If you’re not pissing someone off, you probably aren’t doing anything important, more pissed off people more impact, One of the reasons successful people can sometimes come over like assholes is because they’ve learned there are far more important things in this world than what other people feel.

Wow... that's insightful.

Let me recant to those statements... Leaders don't lead by coming off as assholes, they lead by actions. None of these "statements" results in any type of action, that's were a real leaders step up. Anyone can piss someone off, yeah that's easy but that doesn't make you insightful. What makes you a smart leader, you come up with a hypothesis, you test your hypothesis and you show the proven results...those are actions. Constant badgering becomes ambient noise over time, then to be heard, those badgering people must take their communication and make it louder and possibly more negative. That's a dangerous game. That's why people get butt hurt, your ambient badgering is crossing into negative, rude, unproductive comments.

Keep in mind... a track owner has the right to not allow any participate on his/her private property. Being at a event isn't a right, it's a privilege. Stop pissing in the water hole for everyone else. You have opinion, send a private message. Don't start an angry mob. As for Knox's comment, "this site is my #1 place for entertainment." Don't admit trying to get under people's skin is your for entertainment. That's being a bully.

You started the s**t storm on the other post by calling everyone racist. If you can show me were I said something racist I will apologize. If you can't, then man up and apologize to some of the people you called racist.

Guys you are totally missing the point of this thread. Your dragging your butt hurt around.
No matter what you say or do SOMEONE will think your a D-bag.
(This is the point you look at what you posted and laugh) embrace your inner d-bag. Its ok

Hi, my name is Chris, and I am a bully....

First step is admitting you have a problem.

Second step is figuring out a way to blame J.O. for it.

I find PitRacer no longer an informational forum but a smut mag like at the checkout lines of your local A&P. I admit, curiosity makes me pick it up and flip a few pages and then I realize how idiotic the stories are. I think the only butt hurt people on here are the ones that start the smut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back