No more mudders?

I'd like to thank Knox for not riding my bike in the Mud at Red Bud!!!! I rode my bike and broke it of course in the conditions. I was there to ride and I did. It was survival out there in the 11th and 15th motos of the day in the full on downpour!

I don't have the time to I need to properly work on bikes all the time right now, but I was there and I was racing. If I were racing all the time like the old days, I would have passed on that particular motos and just waiting until next weekend. But if you are chasing a series, or trying to go to Loretta's you have to learn to ride in the mud too, because you never know what you are going to get and need to be able to ride it all.

If you want to race in the mud nowadays you'll have to signup for one of these:

warrior-dash.jpg

I'm not much a fan of mud races, but when the skies broke loose at the Battle at BC this past weekend (Saturday afternoon/evening), I lined up and raced. I think it was the 7.5 hours of scraping off mud and pressure washing everything that makes me "regret" it. In the end it was a blast, just like a kid at football practice in the pouring rain. =)

Couldn't see after the first lap. Stopped, swapped goggles, and came in last. Spinning out 4 times in the corners all felt fun. Not sure I would do that EVERY race though.

Awesome seeing a kid willing to go out and moto in the mud. He doesn't know it now, but it will pay off in the long run.

Back