Where are the racers? At the GNCCs

I heard the 17s KTM husky fixed the suspension. It's good stuff.
Nah new stuff is AER. Full air. Not bad for short motos but can't run it seriously off road, pressure builds too much over the course of the race. They offer a spring conversion for like 500 bucks without springs though.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Rode my first Harescramble in 15 years last Saturday at Sandusky Valley. Super fun track. Got there at 10:30 am, unload, sign up, race at noon and left around 3:00. 2 hours on the hour meter.

My next bike is going to cover it all - GNCC, MX, Dualsports, Enduro's, or GP's. I have a vision where I have a headlight and a rear fender(with plate and brake light) that I can switch out in 10 minutes with a number plate and clean fender. The KTM and Husky 2 stroke 250's and 300's or the Yamaha 250x 2 stroke all fit the bill. At 51 I will never be fast at MX but I do love it so I can make any of these work. Never rode a GNCC but I've done the rest a bunch-all fun but seat time involving woods is off the charts. Crazy stat - I rode an enduro at the Athens Motorcycle club with an altimeter - ride was 85 miles and I went UP 10500 feet and DOWN 10500 feet. If you have ever been to Denver the mountains you see from town are about 12000 feet but you are already a mile high-think about it.

My next bike is going to cover it all - GNCC, MX, Dualsports, Enduro's, or GP's. I have a vision where I have a headlight and a rear fender(with plate and brake light) that I can switch out in 10 minutes with a number plate and clean fender. The KTM and Husky 2 stroke 250's and 300's or the Yamaha 250x 2 stroke all fit the bill. At 51 I will never be fast at MX but I do love it so I can make any of these work. Never rode a GNCC but I've done the rest a bunch-all fun but seat time involving woods is off the charts. Crazy stat - I rode an enduro at the Athens Motorcycle club with an altimeter - ride was 85 miles and I went UP 10500 feet and DOWN 10500 feet. If you have ever been to Denver the mountains you see from town are about 12000 feet but you are already a mile high-think about it.

My next bike will be a KTM/Husky 350. Probably SXF instead of XCF. Not sure about the 6 speed gearbox on the XC for moto. Cover all the bases of moto, offroad and play riding. My Suzuki 450 is a bit a beast in the woods. KTM 300's are great bikes, but I prefer 4 strokes.

My next bike will be a KTM/Husky 350. Probably SXF instead of XCF. Not sure about the 6 speed gearbox on the XC for moto. Cover all the bases of moto, offroad and play riding. My Suzuki 450 is a bit a beast in the woods. KTM 300's are great bikes, but I prefer 4 strokes.

Went to crow canyon yesterday to ride the 350s at the Kim ride day. I'm in the same boat with can't decide what 350 to get. I've rode a yz250 since 99! I left crow even more confused on what 350 I want though. They're both awesome. As soon as I hit the first corner on the sx I felt better in the turns than I ever have on my yz. Only thing I didn't like was seemed the rear bounced around a lot. But it was a ride day and the bikes probably aren't set up for fat middle aged rear pack formerly b racer types.

And to make this relative to this topic, I'd guess there was 6-700 riders at crow. Maybe 150 on the Moto track. I parked out by the road it was so packed.

Calling a Hudak. Testing one two. Tap tap. Is this thing on ?
My new Husky is one of the best bikes I've had, new AER forks are real good in my opinion. I really liked my air forks on my 14 Honda to. I ride a lot of off road 2hr races and the pressure build up never seemed to be a problem on the Honda, it's non existent on the Husky. The new AER FORK doesn't rely on the oil seals for air pressure either, so if you get a leaky fork seal you don't have to worry about the pressure.

My new Husky is one of the best bikes I've had, new AER forks are real good in my opinion. I really liked my air forks on my 14 Honda to. I ride a lot of off road 2hr races and the pressure build up never seemed to be a problem on the Honda, it's non existent on the Husky. The new AER FORK doesn't rely on the oil seals for air pressure either, so if you get a leaky fork seal you don't have to worry about the pressure.

My honda would build up prety bad, seen it jump up 8 pounds in like 5 laps.. which would have been like the equivalent of 4 spring rates. but my ktm does not at all.

I can say far as the Ktm 350 xcf I came off a kx 450 an I race everything on it an with the six speed I love it I've never played with gearing yet an I'm a heavy guy an it pulls hard with stock gearing the bike loves to be revved an the e-start isn't bad either lol .

I have raced 10 times this year, 9 were gncc and the 2 man 4 hr at western. I have also rode exactly 10 times also!! So with that sad fact stated, I finished 5th in the vet 30 c class for the series and 7th overall for the class.
The Ironman was an awesome experience, 894 in the morning race with 41 in the vet 30 c class! The craziest part about that race, there was no on course congestion. Creek crossings and hill climbs were the bottlenecks but on course options were everywhere! Oh yeah, last place start in my class to finish 14 and 343 overall.
I like the gncc series much better than the local HS series. We make a Fri-sun wknd of it some as a whole family some not.
If I could suggest 2 and only 2 gncc races to attend I would say Tomahawk and Ironman. Neither was super difficult but had flow, passing spots but were mixed with tight stuff. That is my opinion atleast!
Price break down for gncc:
20 at gate
40 to race, pre register and get 20 gift card back
75 for transponder to buy, return it and get back 65
Oh, cant forget ama card!
I forget the other questions but hope I answered some

Nah new stuff is AER. Full air. Not bad for short motos but can't run it seriously off road, pressure builds too much over the course of the race. They offer a spring conversion for like 500 bucks without springs though.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I disagree with this. I OWN two 2017 KTMs. One XC and one XCW and the AER fork is outstanding. I have just over 20 hours on my 250XC and it has done nothing but get better. The first 10 hours was frustrating to find the pressure and clicker settings I like but its good now.... I have also checked air pressure at start, 20 minutes in and after an hour of riding and the fork gained 4 PSI consistently. I put 4psi less than optimal and its up to temp in about 2 minutes of riding.

I may not be riding seriously enough though... I finished 2nd in 200A this year in my series. The guy who beat me was more serious. :)

On topic though, I used to race a lot of GNCCs back in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is when they were more like the Enduro's I raced. As they became more open and more like 3 hour Moto races, I quit going. I sometimes think of going and riding one and giving them another shot.

You definitely get your moneys worth of riding time at the offroad events.

On topic though, I used to race a lot of GNCCs back in the late 90's and early 2000's. This is when they were more like the Enduro's I raced. As they became more open and more like 3 hour Moto races, I quit going. I sometimes think of going and riding one and giving them another shot.

You definitely get your moneys worth of riding time at the offroad events.
I agree with the races being more open. Met a lot of people this summer who ride fourstrokes in the series. The number 1 complaint was deep, tight woods with no air flow for the thumpers! A few A riders we spoke with all stated how they have even noticed more and more field sections over the last few years. I prefer tight technical over the wide open any day on my 125!!

Back