Indianapolis race

Made it home this afternoon from Indy. We had a great time, nice rooms, jamming city, all kinds of activity down town , St. patties day Friday, fun, good seats at the stadium and good racing, fun weekend. Not bragging but we saw, shook hands and talked to Marvin Musquin and his wife Friday night. I told him I was a big fan for him and KTM. He looked right at my Kawasaki shirt and laughed, said thanks. Then we saw Trey Canard, Alex Martin, Jordan Smith and Zack Osborne all in the lobby of the hotel on Friday. Sat. morning we were in line for breakfast and Martin was ahead of us. I chatted with him for a few minutes. When it was his turn to give his name they looked and said he wasn't on the list. I offered him to eat with us but he declined. I saw Jordan Smith walk by and then Christian Craig with his son and wife. He was standing leaning against a wall when I walked buy and chatted. I asked him about the McAdoo kid and he said he was meeting him that day for the first time. They will be teammates in Detroit. The race was exciting. Dungey didn't seem to have the gas to run with Tomac and then Musquin. That evening we hung out at the hotel and saw more riders. Congratulated Smith on a podium, saw Martin again, talked to Dylan Ferrandis. It was late and we were about to go to bed and Cole Seeley came walking by. He was fun to talk to and seemed to be in a good mood. Not many other sports you would have access to the players like that. A couple things I thought was not what I expected. All the riders I saw were pretty small guys, like skinny and not very tall. The other is almost all were by themselves. I thought they would have a posse or agent, or coach or someone with them. They all were just regular guys and pretty friendly. Marv did act a little nervous, like he didn't like the attention. So it was a fun time. That was my third time to that race and I'll probably go again.
Indianapolis is my favorite to go, I been going since '05

Made it home this afternoon from Indy. We had a great time, nice rooms, jamming city, all kinds of activity down town , St. patties day Friday, fun, good seats at the stadium and good racing, fun weekend. Not bragging but we saw, shook hands and talked to Marvin Musquin and his wife Friday night. I told him I was a big fan for him and KTM. He looked right at my Kawasaki shirt and laughed, said thanks. Then we saw Trey Canard, Alex Martin, Jordan Smith and Zack Osborne all in the lobby of the hotel on Friday. Sat. morning we were in line for breakfast and Martin was ahead of us. I chatted with him for a few minutes. When it was his turn to give his name they looked and said he wasn't on the list. I offered him to eat with us but he declined. I saw Jordan Smith walk by and then Christian Craig with his son and wife. He was standing leaning against a wall when I walked buy and chatted. I asked him about the McAdoo kid and he said he was meeting him that day for the first time. They will be teammates in Detroit. The race was exciting. Dungey didn't seem to have the gas to run with Tomac and then Musquin. That evening we hung out at the hotel and saw more riders. Congratulated Smith on a podium, saw Martin again, talked to Dylan Ferrandis. It was late and we were about to go to bed and Cole Seeley came walking by. He was fun to talk to and seemed to be in a good mood. Not many other sports you would have access to the players like that. A couple things I thought was not what I expected. All the riders I saw were pretty small guys, like skinny and not very tall. The other is almost all were by themselves. I thought they would have a posse or agent, or coach or someone with them. They all were just regular guys and pretty friendly. Marv did act a little nervous, like he didn't like the attention. So it was a fun time. That was my third time to that race and I'll probably go again.

Jealous I wanted to meet Marv! The wife and I was walking behind Mathilde through the pits but didn't say anything to her

Excellent weekend in downtown , great racing ! Even got to see a leprechaun fight outside Killroys !

I forgot to mention, we went to the Indy 500 museum on Friday. It was cool but not what I expected. Once is probably enough for me. Maybe if I was still into Indy cars it would have been more exciting. I did get to sit in an Indy car. Man was that tight, very form fitting. We opted out on the bus ride around the track

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dungee's podium interview . He seemed flustered and not prepared to talk . His last comment was something like it's only a motorcross race there's bigger things in life ????
While I agree with that he's in the middle of a title Chase and I think he's already beaten .

Indy is fun, I should have went for all the reasons above! Having a beer in the hotel lobby with the riders and mechanics and wanna bees and old vet fatties like me is a blast. Won't miss out on anymore memories.

Heard someone got carted off. Seen his Instagram hospital pics. What struck me, or pissed me off is that a person posted that they asked a friend, who was an on site paramedic, about the condition of said rider. She apparently said only one bad one with a broken shoulder or something, but most of the ambulance runs were due to herion over doses in the stands. What in the actual f.

Yea I think it was a 250 qualifying or heat, a kid went down hard right before the start. He didn't move and had several people working on him. It looked bad the way they were hurrying around him. They put a neck brace on then strapped him to a back board. I never heard his condition mentioned. Is he OK?

Lcq. Kid looked to me like he was seizing. I wasn't sittin riggt behind the gate in the corner. Posturing real bad. Head trauma. Kids head hit the ground and just stopped. Didn't bounce. Hope he's alright.

At first it looked like it knocked him out as his body kind of locked up but then it looked like he started seizing after that. Glad to hear he is ok!

Back