2017 Class for LL. Oh yeah!!

Bet the sales in the next couple months are great for 125s. Every C rider in the US trying to qualify will now own a 125 and a 250F.

I have a question.. C class is a beginner class, as most of us know, a 450 is a lot of bike for some experienced riders. Why is there a 450 C class? What beginner should be out there twisting the throttle on a 450? My point is, those guys winning at Loretta Lynn's in the 450 C class, are not beginners. So, while I do see where you guys are coming from in the making memories with your parents, is it safe to throw a kid on a 450 and say "go get em"? I tried the Loretta thing and got spanked on a 250 2 stroke in the C class. After that, I gave it up. My dad and I made tons of memories, traveled all over the east coast riding and racing. We met tons of people, camped in our 6x12 trailer with the bikes chained to the tongue. It was a blast. I'm just making an observation and kind of questioning, why is there a beginner class for an experienced riders bike? Just my 2 cents.

I do think the C class has its place, have two 250 C classes and a 125 B/C. The national level shouldn't be based on beginners. Let's face it, most of the beginners that are going to be champions of our sport are racing 85s twice as fast as the true C class at 13 years old. If you're racing C it's for the fun of the sport and to compete with guys that are near your speed. I've seen the C class at Loretta Lynn's, the guys up front are as fast as the B riders. There is a huge gap from the top 5 to the rest of the pack.

Forever sandbag class. While it's awesome to say you've made it to a national level event, sponsors are not going to pay a C class kid. You might get an extra 10% off or a free box of t shirts. The meaning of a championship is what you make of it. If C class is where you can get it, go for it. Just don't expect a crazy reward for a championship in the beginner class. It's a trophy, same as you'd get from a local event.

Nothing against the C class guys. I was one for a long time and racing was everything to me. I trained, rode, and raced like I was going for an outdoor national title. It taught me a lot and it was a good experience. I just don't think sponsors recognize the C class the way individual riders do. Do it for fun and memories with your family and friends.

Merry Christmas and Bah humbug.

I always said that they shouldn't have a C class at LL. Because it guts the local racing in the spring time. That's when tracks need cash the most. It also promotes riders to stay down a class for a longer time. No C class at LL will make rides want to get to B class sooner so they can do qualifiers.

But since they are still having the C class at LL the addition of the 125C class is awesome! I am surprised that they didn't make it a limited and a youth class, but still happy they added it.

Knox, the kids coming out of the mini and super mini classes are racing against some of the best mini rides in the nation. The mini classes are tough. If your kids not one of them l've witness parents buy their kid a 250f instead of a 125 so they could race the C class. With the addition of the 125 C class I would hope more parents will start their child on a 125 when they move up to the big bikes.

I commend Alex, the AMA and Mx Sport for this decision to add a 125C class.

Just FYI... I've transitioned into a new position within the AMA Racing department and have little to do with MX anymore. That being said I have nothing to do with these class structure changes and for some I don't support. 450 C is stupid. 125 C is cool. The schoolboy and C jr classes changes to 17 is stupid. Kip Bigelow, AMA Motocross Manager is the person you need to tell.

Hold up John 250, Kip Bigelow made his first appearance at CTMX a few weeks ago concerning the youth regional. You must be thinking of someone else.

Just FYI... I've transitioned into a new position within the AMA Racing department and have little to do with MX anymore. That being said I have nothing to do with these class structure changes and for some I don't support. 450 C is stupid. 125 C is cool. The schoolboy and C jr classes changes to 17 is stupid. Kip Bigelow, AMA Motocross Manager is the person you need to tell.
Did you get promoted to superbikes??

Kip Bigelow is one of the biggest a***s in motocross. He showed that two years ago at CTMX. Alex that make sense, take someone that rides, and races and knows MX and move them to a different department, while leaving Kip in charge of MX.

John, Kip is a long time rider/racer (along with his brothers). My guess is you are thinking of longtime D11 ref guy Kim Adams -- I remember him being the ref at a couple CTMX races.

I'm still waiting for Loretta Lynn's to have the +45 Post Vintage B/C class with two full gates of racers. Then maybe I can qualify!

Hold up John 250, Kip Bigelow made his first appearance at CTMX a few weeks ago concerning the youth regional. You must be thinking of someone else.
I apologize. My mistake. Kim Adams. That guy needs to stay away from youth motocross. The way he spoke to the Mini Jr. class was ridiculous. I've been around youth sports for ever. Keep his ass away.

Maybe he is aging or something. He was always very direct and on point when I have seen him. Mainly at VMD and qualifiers. Bummer to hear that.

Maybe he is aging or something. He was always very direct and on point when I have seen him. Mainly at VMD and qualifiers. Bummer to hear that.
Maybe he was having a bad day the day I saw him. You know what they say about first impressions though.

Wow, this is the most negative Ive ever seen you post! Almost a little salty. Lol... Hope all is well.

My son is 13 and fell in love with moto 5 years ago. Last year was our first year chasing points a bit (raced 2-3 times a month) in 125 b/c and Schoolboy 1. I refused to keep him crammed on a mini despite his age disadvantage in those classes. He started racing a 125 at age 12.
We're glad to see the 125C class. It will be fun to run some qualifiers in our region. Hopefully the AMA C class limitations wIll limit sandbagging.

250 C Jr is 12-17, not 14 -17 as listed.

The C class is not the C class it was 15 years ago. Now it is where most kids go coming from mini Sr or super mini even if they dominated the class.

So it is schoolboy for kids who did not make it to LL on the 50, 65, 85 and superminis in the 30 classes for them, so now the parents complain saying it is for the "transition" to the big bikes and my kid needs a class all to them self
Yeap, 250 C 12 -17 would look better on the trophy and cost MX Sports less since they are not paying for all that ink.

But it is ok because "everyone else is doing it". Or. "Those are the rules and I am just following them"

No. It's not OK. John, your son is not a C rider and you know it. Therefore YOU are supporting and have been lobbying for another sandbag class

Fast forward A few years and then we will be hearing about a Schoolboy D class that needs to be created so the new guys have a chance to make it to LL

Where does it end?

Georgie, cue the "everyone gets a championship" thingy.

Back