Should we hit the emergency button??

I've been reading these posts, year after year. I really don't understand all the complaints about being at the track all day. You are there to be part of the scene, to be part of the action. Me and my son have been involved in the local Motocross scene for several years. Okay I understand more seat time, I get that. When we go to the track, its not just about us. We have friends that race different classes and friends of friends. So it's not just about us, it's about the time we are there.
How to bring new riders in: I really liked the approach that Dano had. Have a Expo of new riders, with a small clinic. Then a show case, at one of the big races. With them as part of the big show. Ask around for help, I'm pretty sure that you would get the backing and support you need. That there is the grassroots of our local scene. Just saying.
I agree with that. Being at the track all day never seemed like a chore the way people talk anymore. I was there with my dad and my friends. Me and my dad bonded on those two hour rides to the track in the morning and hanging out all day. We met tons of cool people from all over the country. We drove to Florida to ride and met people from Canada even other people from ohio. I get it, we all have stuff to do, but sometimes spending time doing something you love with people you're close with is better than rushing out to wash your bike and be home by 4. I've made a ton of friends just being at the tracks and talking to the guy pitted next to me. It used to be like a big family. We would even stay late and have a fire from time to time at Malvern or western reserve night races. I even remember staying late at Battles Burg with Nick, Chet, and Dave when they ran it while we could hear Malvern running down the road. It's about being there and the experience. I probably would have turned out a little different if it wasn't for being around the tracks and making the friends I did.

I like that idea too. Take the time to get to know the new kids. Take them in and show them the ropes.

Have you seen the kids in the rhythm room at Ray's? Saw one carted off a couple days ago. If your objective is to keep him out of a chair, there's better choices.

Note our choice was let him race and do Ray's and whatever other crazy thing comes into his head
so I'm not criticizing your choice really. Just that Ray's is only marginally safer, if at all, than MX.

All I ride is the rhythm room at rays and the spine room with the curved wall ride... yeah it can still be dangerous don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as motocross.

Delbalso is always tweaked from his bicycle. Lol. Everytime I catch a video of him he's always getting laid out and smeared. His bones aren't human.

Want to talk about a sport that needs to hit the emergency button............BMX. They draw hardly no one to a local race, and their nationals now look like a local race from the 80s.

Back