Scenic Highlands...

scenichighlands.jpg

About 5 grand per acre. Amish have been going up to 7 grand per, but they aren't really in that section of the county.

According to a couple buddies that are house shopping.

Looks about the same when I visited in 2013, there was no usable dirt then and I'm sure it's worse today. I would think that area is taxed as agriculture but not positive.
1185891_10201449978708052_947154788_n.jpg

1175759_10201449962707652_1255884640_n.jpg

999592_10201449965187714_936882359_n.jpg

4752_10201449968667801_1343062817_n.jpg

Track surface ^^^

554494_10201449970907857_145264542_n.jpg

1014213_10201449978508047_1628215141_n.jpg

Thanks for the video Sharc...brings back lots of memories...from my first D12 race there to breaking my leg in six places.. good times.

By far one of the best tracks growing up along with beans and beachwood. I think the last time I rode there I broke my collarbone. Can't say I miss most of the tracks that aren't running but wouldn't mind a redo

Those video's....rocks galore, marginal soil, VET261's hair and Alloy Gear "kit" (in his post-BWR world), the Savannah Hauler........the good 'ole days.

Don't hate... some of us like to live in the past:)

Let the place go, never liked it there at all. Too damn fast. 5th gear pinned on a 450 getting pelted with rocks isnt my idea of fun.
[/QUOTE]

Haha.... thats not hate, I said I didnt care for the place!!

Every now and then the planets would align, the moisture level in the ground would be perfect, and Scenic would become absolute epic motocross. I remember probably about a dozen of those instances when I was there over the years. Those days, the place was like a national track and was my favorite track ever. On those days, the rocks were a non-factor as the soil kept them buried and the track would produce some of the most fun riding I've ever done. Coming around the last turn and deciding whether or not to jump the finish triple was a feeling I'll never forget. And I'm old enough that I was originally jumping it on a YZ250 before switching to 4-strokes! Year 2000 to about 2006 were the best years for the track. The owner was all gung ho and not burned out yet (and I was younger and slimmer and faster haha)....

In between those great memories were times that it was impossible for them to get enough water on the track and it turned to a gravel highway, other times where it seemed like you could not go there without the wind blowing 40mph.

Many forget Scenic even used to run GP races! I was never able to make it to one but heard they were really fun. They also tried other things like not letting C riders jump triples, split program racing, and holding the Vet/Vintage race. Lots of good ideas were tried there but in the end it was not meant to be. Seemed like they were just always fighting an uphill battle (literally) with the size of the track, makeup of the soil, and keeping equipment running to be able to service the demands of navigating all the way around the hilly terrain.

One of Jacks first races was on the mini-track at the top of the hill. I was on a brand new 2001 RM 250 ....I got to lead the opening prayer there once for Tim. As Jack got older we would hit those pop up winter open practices. Here is a photo from March. Lots of good memories...

Attachments

• 2009graphics.jpg
    2009graphics.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 273
I did one of the GP's there on my 450 Honda and they ran us around the pond at the bottom and all the way straight up to the table top. It was 5th gear pinned all the way doing about 30mph with 200ft of roust coming out the back! Needless to say half the roust was knobs.

Only got to ride there once, and it was my favorite of all time. WFO!!! Except somehow I went over the bars on the finish/tunnel pretty hard. Tim found a pipe so I could bend my bars back, wiped the blood off, and kept riding.

In every one of VET261's pictures, note, EVERYONE is wearing a chest protector. Tim should have rented handguards out at sign up. Would have made a small fortune.

Whoever buys it should turn it into a gravel pit and become a millionaire! Nuff said.

I was so excited to ride there so went to one of the GP's, maybe 04. It rained and was a mud pit. I couldn't even make it up the hills. I fell, got hurt and that was it for my Scenic rides.

Back