Daytona

Matt Mangano

PR Member
Leaving for Florida this morning. Riding a few different tracks throughout the week then racing the Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross.

Any predictions for the pro race??? I think ET3 has it all the way. Daytona seems to suit him well. Also, JS7 return?

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 208
I am loaded and ready. Going to roll out Thursday when I get my son from school.

Bubba is done! I have money that he does not even show up at the track, and he lives an hour away. I think Eli will be tough, but would not count out Dungey or Marvin either. I might even put Baggett up in there for Daytona.

Not sure of the track design. First turn is goofy as hell. I kind of think they might change that for the amateurs before Sunday.

We are rolling south as soon as my daughter gets out of school Thursday. I think my family is more excited about going than me.

I'd imagine they change the start to more of a chicane to the right for us amateurs rather then the loop-de-loop on the map.

I am loaded and ready. Going to roll out Thursday when I get my son from school.

Bubba is done! I have money that he does not even show up at the track, and he lives an hour away. I think Eli will be tough, but would not count out Dungey or Marvin either. I might even put Baggett up in there for Daytona.

Not sure of the track design. First turn is goofy as hell. I kind of think they might change that for the amateurs before Sunday.
I agree with the start being funky... can't see them keeping it the same for the amateur days.

Looks like the design of the track has changed dramatically to me. The start is back in the middle headed right at the start/finish line. Which I wondered in the originally posted design, had it on the end closest to the garages, which is a bad design for staging etc So wonder how much of the rest of that design stays in the plan.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Daytona-pics,1315647
Hmmm.. interesting. I wondered the same thing about staging when I first saw the design, since the pro garages are on the opposite side of where the start originally was. Guess we'll find out in a few days!

We are rolling south as soon as my daughter gets out of school Thursday. I think my family is more excited about going than me.

I'd imagine they change the start to more of a chicane to the right for us amateurs rather then the loop-de-loop on the map.

Hey man good luck down there! One of these days I'm gonna make it down there.

Hmmm...that's a rut!!!

Attachments

• s1200_Supercross_2007_208.jpg
    s1200_Supercross_2007_208.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 236
  • s1200_Supercross_2007_204.jpg
    s1200_Supercross_2007_204.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 199
Continuing on that Vital thread...

The start seen in the middle is for the amateurs, a separate start was placed on the far left by the amateur garages for the pro race.

Back