Qualifier question

If you were guaranteed a spot anyways, couldn't you still choose to dns and still get a spot, or do you atleast need a dnf in moto 2? I thought you just need a moto 1 finish in the rules, I forget.

No, they announced the AMA rule as you have to complete at least half the laps of the first place rider AND get the checkered flag. No DNF or DNS allowed. I always thought it was complete one lap only.

You must have finish to be counted in the event. To keep people with broken legs from riding over to the finish line and when the checkered flag comes out rolling over and getting a finish. The rulebook says each rider much always attempt to succeed. Leading to the definition of a finish in the rulebook. Half the number of laps as a the leader and take the checkered flag. That being said, the referee has the right to give a finish to a rider when extreme situations happen, even though they didn't meet the criteria of a finish.

That being said, you just need a finish in 1 moto to be counted in the event. You'll see a overall finish of DNF or DNS on the results, those don't count as finishes. And when you have a 1 moto format, then you have to race. When the conditions are tough, the referee has the option to allow the participants to decide (if there isn't enough for qualifying position, less then 8) to just draw for position since everyone is qualified.

This has happened many many times in the past. It happened on saturday that weekend too.

It only takes one person to vote yes, there were less than 8 kids in 2 of the 4-6 year old 50cc classes. One father in each race voted to ride even though they all would qualify. I would have been mad only because 50cc bikes cant handle that type of mud well, why rebuild a bike simply because you paid 50 bucks to race? My sons class had to race, Im rebuilding the motor and clutch this week because of it. My point being the vote can go either way.......

I get you are upset but you obviously werent at the line in time. They asked saturday when the riders were lining up to race, I cant imagine they were asking people 2 classes ahead in staging on sunday.

I am not afraid to say people and tracks screw up so I am not defending BC just because I like the track, you saw what the conditions were, you experienced the storms. I honestly believe they did the best possible job for what they had to work with. It seems to me you made a mistake by not being on time and are holding the track responsible. If they said all the kids there voted no then thats what happened. I know they would not lie and say one of them voted no when they didnt. Also, if one of them had, when they cancelled the moto the kid that voted yes would have said something.

Im sorry and I know it stinks, but if you honestly believe you have a shot then hit another qualifier and hope for better weather. Thats about your only choice.
We were at the line, lined up ready to go! They called all the riders over without their parents ages 11-16 and asked them. By the time my son and the two others made it over to vote the others were headed back to their pits. Just wanted to clarify that we were at the line in plenty of time to race

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I can also vouch for Dave, he voted for 3 laps. As we already had in place the plan of running 3 laps or 10 minues, whichever came first. This wasn't a big deal, but after seeing the previous 50 class going 10 minutes a lap, we just made it 1 lap so there was no expectations of a full 3 laps which wasn't reality in the conditions.
This was a 125 B C class they wouldn't have had near the trouble making the track as the 50's and why if there was such controversy did they line them up as usual and then decide to cancel? I know for sure for there were three riders who wanted to race bc they were down at the gate with their dads as it should've been to begin with, giving Adam hell. Nobody else knew what the hell was going on bc I was in the tower and the guy calling from up there had no clue what was happening he was calling over the headset wondering why they weren't racing. It would be different but it was the LAST Moto of the day, not the last SET of motos. js

We were at the line, lined up ready to go! They called all the riders over without their parents ages 11-16 and asked them. By the time my son and the two others made it over to vote the others were headed back to their pits. Just wanted to clarify that we were at the line in plenty of time to race

I can't imagine they just skipped 3 kids when asking. Since I wasn't there I obviously can't say but Woody is a good guy and honest. Must have been a mistake .

All kids were asked it was unanimous, why would we cancel the very last Moto otherwise?? To save 8 minutes at 3:30pm??
Dont really know the reason why but when my husband confronted Adam at the trailer after everyone had returned to their pits, he admitted it wasn't exactly unanimous and he shouldn't have said it was. So, don't know what you're being told or whatever but I know my husband was a little loud and pretty pissed, Adam admitted to him that he should not have said it that way. It's over, it's done, I get it. I just wondered if it had ever happened like this before. It was crap and I know we weren't the only ones who felt that way. So whatever.

As stated earlier there were 2-3 who said they would do whatever the group wanted, when asked a second time it was no. The only waivering we did after the fact was that we didn't realize at the time that we just let a bunch of kids decide that. However that begs the question where do you draw the line on riders voting in that situation? Do you let teenagers vote ? Mini Jr, 65s? After discussing this with the AMA, there isn't a written rule on this and it's up to the promoter. Yes there are a few things I would do differently, and I can't change it now, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, this clearly not the goal nor mission statement of Briarcliff Motocross. As mentioned above, there will not be votes in the future, we will decide based on safety next time. that could include cutting laps, cutting motos, racing a different track, or modifying the track. We will do what we feel is in the best interest of safety and in getting a result for the event.

I dont understand the bitching by the results it looks like the boy finished 13th the first moto so your blaming the track he would have to have won the second moto just to crack the top 8 if your not finishing in the top 4 at a qualifier you dont have a chance at the regional I understand your frustrated send your money in mx sports is not going to turn your money away

It was the way things were handled that mattered. He had a good chance to at least improve his position. He had a bad start in the first Moto yes. I'm not blaming Briarcliff the issue was the way the situation was handled and as Jeremy said, it's been addressed. I know that there were three kids who did not say the word no because two of them and their parents were bitching along with my husband to Adam when everyone else went back to the pits

If you get top 16 they'll take you. A few might not send there money in. You'll get a green checkmark. But for $40 who cares. You'll get a slot. They love to over book these bastards....90 or so in a class.

I do recall a story from I forget how many years ago...not too far in the distant past. Anyway...There was a guy didn't run the qualifier. Showed up to regional. Paid for the qualifier entry. Paid the $40 mx sports fee. Signed up for the regional that day. They let him line up. And he whipped everyone's ass and qualified. Rules might have been changed since that incident. Ahaha.

At bc the guy staging asked 450b limited how many laps we wanted to race; 1 or 4. I found that odd. If one person said 4 (we did) then the race was 4 laps instead of 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back