What's the first track you ever raced at?

1978 @ Madera Lake mx track in Madera California. It was one of the few tracks that had open practice when no racing was going on. It was located right next to a very large lake which you could ride around a good portion of, great on a hot day to splash through the shoreline. That first race was also a golden state series event...was cool to see a good number of well known pros from California race that day.

NMA track, Nelsonville, 1974. Was 18 so signed myself up and my 16 year old brother too. Blew up our CJ5 on the way there, thankfully in front of a tow truck operator's house. Hooked up the full three rail to our friend's LeMans and kept going. Woke that night repeatedly to BRAAAP sounds. Interesting day for sure.

May 20th, 2001 at Scenic Highlands. Less than two weeks of any riding experience, a 1999 KX80. Ran 12-15 80cc Beginner, with the 7-11 60cc class. Pretty sure half of the field lapped me. It was terrible, my father was pissed off he had wasted so much money, until I told him that was the most fun I had ever had, then he asked where the next race was :)

1992 smith road Labor Day. 80cc jr. Went 3-1. They ran outa plaques so I literally got nothing for winning my first race. Could you image today if a parent went to get their kids prize and were told to bad you ain't gettin s**t! Haha gota love George

Whispering Wheels in Anapolis Ohio. 1976. Didn't even know the track had a name until years later. LOL. We just called it DeShong's track for the promoter.

Reactions: k01
Back