What's the first track you ever raced at?

LBZ pants were never cool, lol.
Beg to differ sir. Trevor vines knew how to wear them.....

IMG_6361.PNG

Malvern ( Motosport Trails ) , 1974 maybe 73 , on an SC500 Yamaha . Had an open face helmet from J.C. Whitney , Duck Bill visor , lineman's boots that laced up to the knee , and those old jean racing pants they used to sell that had padding sewn into the hips and knees . Monster 500 , 2-stroke power with a 125-like powerband , no suspension , no brakes , a frame that flexed like a slinky and would side hop worse than a TM400 . Crashed my brains out second moto ; I was hooked !

Honda Hills in 250C say around 2000 I am thinking about a year or so after my big crash (actually idiot going wrong way hit me) there in January of 1999 that resulted in a life flight (only heli ride and I cannot remember a damn thing about it dammit!) aboard my 1999 KX250 during both times. I rode the bike to it's death. I would have been 27 around this time...

Those were the days for me. Friday night series, COCR, Kenworthy's, etc. Cemented my passion for the sport. Good thing I do not remember anything for the two weeks after that crash. From what peeps have told me, it was pretty scary. Was bad enough the 2 weeks after I remember and got out of the hospital. Makes me wonder sometimes why I do it still or ever, but if you can't remember, it didn't happen, right? ;)

Malvern ( Motosport Trails ) , 1974 maybe 73 , on an SC500 Yamaha . Had an open face helmet from J.C. Whitney , Duck Bill visor , lineman's boots that laced up to the knee , and those old jean racing pants they used to sell that had padding sewn into the hips and knees . Monster 500 , 2-stroke power with a 125-like powerband , no suspension , no brakes , a frame that flexed like a slinky and would side hop worse than a TM400 . Crashed my brains out second moto ; I was hooked !
Do Powerline work?

Honda hills 1995, showed up for a practice with my dad on a Friday night, turns out it was a Friday night under the lights race. I remember being lapped by Tommy pellet. Next race went out in 50 4-6 and got top 3

Malvern for Jonathan, I believe 2010 was his first race. Tina Sams gave Jonathan a trophy because he went up to the building thinking he would get something for last place, lol. Also, Malvern was the first race he ever watched and thats when his love for MX started.

Reactions: DTS
Hi-Point at 15 years old back in the spring of 1978 on my 75 RM 125 and a friends dad's 1975 Maico 250 who took us plus my first time riding a 250 was when the gate dropped!
Wait.....you didn't ride all of the open practices on that bike at the tracks leading up to that race? What gives?

Honda hills 1986. Rode there a couple times before that race, started out unable to make it around the track on my DS80. Got my KX80 within a week of that first ride, then looped out on the gate for my first race.

It was beautiful back then, Dick's father was always mowing and the place looked like a country club. Family had a camper there for several years.

Back