EROC at Pine Lake (updated)

ok6u.jpg

Really wish this series would expand south. You guys make this sound really fun.
UPCOMING FAST TRAXX EVENTS
- SEPT 30-OCT 1 ANNUAL TEAM GP WEEKEND
* SATURDAY BIKE SUNDAY QUAD
- OCT 20-22 FAST TRAXX FRIGHT FEST HALLOWEEN
* FRI SX SAT GP SAT NIGHT PARTY SUN GP *UTV
- NOV 11-12 FINAL FALL GP WEEKEND

The toughest thing for me now at the GNCC races is going into an area with multiple lines where 2 might be good, 2 might be rough, and 12 drunk guys are pointing for you to take a line you know is a death trap. Guess which line my bike can't stay out of? Drunk guys win every time. As soon as I see movement I'm all in.

All of the videos of GP's look like 99% woods and a half lap of a moto track. At my advanced age, tight woods sections just sound like nails on a chalkboard. The vid of the race at TV land looks like serious fun.

All of the videos of GP's look like 99% woods and a half lap of a moto track. At my advanced age, tight woods sections just sound like nails on a chalkboard. The vid of the race at TV land looks like serious fun.
No tight woods. I won't GP with tight sections. The closest sections I have found were up north a couple of years ago.

No, pine lake has mx in the woods. And some random rhythm sections. I made up a lot of time doubling through these uphill rollers. Passed a lot of guys through there....only to be passed back 200 yards later in some tight woodsy stuff where I didn't see a really good line.

Tvland is my favorite. It's a fast course. I wish crow still owned the other half of the moto track. But love the elevation changes!!!!! Pine lake has great trails and elevation. I bet beans is awesome. I'll hit that if I can this year but my schedule is tight and every once in a while I get lucky and have race day off.

It's fun, Plenty of back and forth with woods guys. Some courses I do well at, others I really fought with. Western reserve went well but crow didn't. Everyone isn't comfortable the whole race and I think that's the best part.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed Pine Lake.
Setting up a course of that length can be quite challenging to make foolproof for the riders. Every time I'm learning something and hopefully that translates into a better, next event.
I've added some cool sections in my woods and have been steadily improving my tracks this summer so I'm really looking forward to the upcoming MXC at TV land. I'm also planning Saturday practice with much (or all) of Sunday's course available to ride.

It's fun, Plenty of back and forth with woods guys. Some courses I do well at, others I really fought with. Western reserve went well but crow didn't. Everyone isn't comfortable the whole race and I think that's the best part.

I struggled at crow as well. But the elevation was awesome, so fun. Screamin my 144 wfo up and down those hills.

And there you have it folks. Come out for open practice and take a test ride on the tvland course. Guaranteed you'll be back Sunday to race it !

Trevor does an awesome job at these events. They should pull 500 riders in my opinion. A lot of people are weary, rightfully so I guess. But just step out of your pro practice or moto comfort zone for 1 race this year on October 1st at tvland !!!

Ck1 come up and your gate entry is on me. And if you beat me I'll provide you a case of coors light.

Last edited:
Georgie, how wide is the path that runs through the woods at TVland? Are the tree's right on the trail, or is there room? How long does it last? What are the classes?

UPCOMING FAST TRAXX EVENTS
- SEPT 30-OCT 1 ANNUAL TEAM GP WEEKEND
* SATURDAY BIKE SUNDAY QUAD
- OCT 20-22 FAST TRAXX FRIGHT FEST HALLOWEEN
* FRI SX SAT GP SAT NIGHT PARTY SUN GP *UTV
- NOV 11-12 FINAL FALL GP WEEKEND

You mean flattraxx... sorry but their GP suck... the woods are too groomed, it's all flat and they don't run any good sections of the mx track... honestly some of the best GP racing in southern Ohio is at action sports or at cocr. Cocr has amazing trails, some areas are wide, some narrow and rough, but they run eaual parts of every discipline to make it fair for all riders

I struggled at crow as well. But the elevation was awesome, so fun. Screamin my 144 wfo up and down those hills.

And there you have it folks. Come out for open practice and take a test ride on the tvland course. Guaranteed you'll be back Sunday to race it !

Trevor does an awesome job at these events. They should pull 500 riders in my opinion. A lot of people are weary, rightfully so I guess. But just step out of your pro practice or moto comfort zone for 1 race this year on October 1st at tvland !!!

Ck1 come up and your gate entry is on me. And if you beat me I'll provide you a case of coors light.

Thinking about turning my 134 into a woods/gp machine. Fun bike for fun races. TV land puts on a great show! Camp the night before and drink some beers! I would run GP's year round if I could, help out with moto endurance and have some fun. Best bang for your buck too.

Back