2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

That'll be my last post on this thread. It's a long video but but worth a watch. Obviously this was totally unscripted, Chase Dunivant done an awesome job cleaning it up. I know some on pitracer are very opinionated, those opinions mostly lead to good debates. I think it's time to move on to winter mode, I'm taking my millions from this last race and moving to Zimbabwe, I hear the roost is epically primo. Peace out! Jeremy

Awesome video, a lot of people have no clue what it takes. I've had a small glimpse of what it takes at BC. My wife knows for that week or two leading up to a race I'm going to be gone every night.

I've been to all the races at CTMX (that included quads) from those early D11 years where there were only 2 of us quads, and a fraction the amount of bikes. I remember fighting fog in the AM and darkness in the PM with what 100 riders plus or minus? To see what these events have become is impressive. With an event this size and numbers we have adjusted accordingly, we show up Friday, take advantage of the early sign up period, enjoy the activities, enjoy the atmosphere, enjoy moto.

Thanks for still including us quad guys in your events, it's really one of the few events my entire family looks forward to.

4BA0C397-D718-44D1-9777-38B6018443C0.jpeg
National security??? Think Global security, Mr. Nasa State graduate.......

Seriously though, a large number of kids look forward to the banquet. My daughter included.

Next year we will downgrade our banquet to a local veteran gathering hall, do it pot luck, hand out wood plaques and wind breaker jackets, just like its 1985!
I wish these still fit !

Card this card that. Blah Blah Blah. I call BS on mandatory cards. I have a OMXA, AMA, CRA and a WNYRacing. What ever. Here is my point.
WNYR excepts any card you have if your not points Racing. This might by one reason the CanAm at Area51 draws around 900 riders. They are also dual sanctioned at many races, but if your not points Racing no card needed.
As for awards, WNYR is still ahead of the game. I saw KL24 race a free moto and leave with goggles, hat, t-shirt and other swag.
I’m a WNYR member but that’s so I have a chance to win a new YZ250 at the end of the year not because I have to. No satin jackets or wooden plaques.

Card this card that. Blah Blah Blah. I call BS on mandatory cards. I have a OMXA, AMA, CRA and a WNYRacing. What ever. Here is my point.
WNYR excepts any card you have if your not points Racing. This might by one reason the CanAm at Area51 draws around 900 riders. They are also dual sanctioned at many races, but if your not points Racing no card needed.
As for awards, WNYR is still ahead of the game. I saw KL24 race a free moto and leave with goggles, hat, t-shirt and other swag.
I’m a WNYR member but that’s so I have a chance to win a new YZ250 at the end of the year not because I have to. No satin jackets or wooden plaques.

Just for my own understanding, what is the race format used for WNYR when they hit 900 entries?

Just for my own understanding, what is the race format used for WNYR when they hit 900 entries?

Screenshot_20171101-125112.png

Not sure how it goes, I avoid because it's too big to handle all of it in one day of racing. I've heard lots of stories that lead me to believe I've made the right call. 771 is getting close enough.

That'll be my last post on this thread. It's a long video but but worth a watch. Obviously this was totally unscripted, Chase Dunivant done an awesome job cleaning it up. I know some on pitracer are very opinionated, those opinions mostly lead to good debates. I think it's time to move on to winter mode, I'm taking my millions from this last race and moving to Zimbabwe, I hear the roost is epically primo. Peace out! Jeremy
Great video. Thanks for all the hard work. Read the thread then make your own decisions. I have learned you can learn something from anyone. No matter how stupid or whatever they are.

See you next year we look forward to it.

So are the 900 entries from the grass race, the night race and the Sunday day racing? If not, then why don't they do a Friday-Saturday-Sunday schedule like proposed in this thread?

So are the 900 entries from the grass race, the night race and the Sunday day racing? If not, then why don't they do a Friday-Saturday-Sunday schedule like proposed in this thread?

Dunno, but if you listen there is just as much complaints if not more about the late night on sunday.

2016 had over 700 on the main track on Sunday 2 moto system. There were 70 in the 250c class.
Small bikes run on the night cross track.
Practice on Sunday is three laps per group. Maybe 5 groups?
Staggered Motos, you never see less than 40 on the track. The day is very long. But to help out they offer 3 classes for $75. So you aren’t sitting around too long.
Saturday night cross is just a fun thing they might draw around 200 riders.
Grass race is for charity. Donation to sign up. Might draw 150.
Due to weather 2017 didn’t have the huge draw.

2016 had over 700 on the main track on Sunday 2 moto system. There were 70 in the 250c class.
Small bikes run on the night cross track.
Practice on Sunday is three laps per group. Maybe 5 groups?
Staggered Motos, you never see less than 40 on the track. The day is very long. But to help out they offer 3 classes for $75. So you aren’t sitting around too long.
Saturday night cross is just a fun thing they might draw around 200 riders.
Grass race is for charity. Donation to sign up. Might draw 150.
Due to weather 2017 didn’t have the huge draw.

Sounds fairly similar, so why doesn’t the can-am, which is much larger event than anything in Ohio, change to Friday practice and motos over Saturday Sunday??

Back